Apple 2016 keynote event and product release thread

1 minute ago, Bensemus said:

That's on contract right?

Nope, no contract, just to buy the phone outright, it's £599 in the UK. (Not sure about Canada)

And the base iPhone 7 Plus is £719 in the UK, so the same price as the Note 7, so yeah I'll still be waiting for the Note 7 for sure

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Just now, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Contract-free.

That seems cheaper... I guess I'm used to always looking at the top storage price.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

That seems cheaper... I guess I'm used to always looking at the top storage price.

thats the same price point as the 6/6s too. my 64gb 6s plus was $850 (16gb was 750....., so the 7+ is relwvantly more expensive).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

thats the same price point as the 6/6s too. my 64gb 6s plus was $850.

Now you can get 256GB on the iPhone 7 Plus for $850, and the 128GB is $750

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

2 minutes ago, o0Martin said:

Nope, no contract, just to buy the phone outright, it's £599 in the UK. (Not sure about Canada)

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

thats the same price point as the 6/6s too. my 64gb 6s plus was $850.

Riiight. That's US $, not Canadian $ :( Makes sense now.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

are there any performance metrics?

also could i get a detailedish summary of everything after the watch :S

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I'm pleased with literally all of the changes minus the 3.5mm jack, and while some people might survive without it. I never could. Ever.

It will be interesting to see who made that modem (Anandtech suggested it sounded like an Intel fab), and same with the CPU (since we heard rumors a ways back about intel making future chips, but I didn't think that would be this model already.)

Yea.. the only time I use my headphone jack on my phone is while I'm in the car. I'm sure I can find a solution for that.

25 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

It's a passive adapter (according to the little statement made, but that might be a mistake)... So it won't work with most devices still. Also still going to cost insane amounts to replace.

That's just retarded. I'm pretty sure its an adapter with a DAC in it

Just now, Kimmers said:

Yea.. the only time I use my headphone jack on my phone is while I'm in the car. I'm sure I can find a solution for that.

I use it whenever I listen to my phone. Ever. Hell, I make most of my phone calls with a headset (I keep one at work and one at home.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I use it whenever I listen to my phone. Ever. Hell, I make most of my phone calls with a headset (I keep one at work and one at home.)

yea the phone wont be for everyone. That's why its great that there are several Android competitors and even Apple's past offerings.

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I never use the headphone jack on my phone. Everything is blu-tooth. Tablet, laptop, and desktop all use the jack but never the phone.

laptop

Just now, RedRound2 said:

That's just retarded. I'm pretty sure its an adapter with a DAC in it

I wouldn't put it past Apple man... 

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I never use the headphone jack on my phone. Everything is blu-tooth. Tablet, laptop, and desktop all use the jack but never the phone.

i used to agree with you, but now im afraid of bluetooth headphones (irrationally, i know, but i have a very valid reason).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I fall into the camp of having never used headphones with my phone. Or actually having listened to music on my phone, but I'm in the minority there. And they include headphones in the box so it's a moot point. Was uncharacteristic of them to include an adapter too.

Was a lacklustre event - the products were all good, but the energy was flat and Tim Cook kept stumbling on his words. 

Airpods do look like the first truly good, truly wireless headphones though. I won't buy them, but I appreciate the design. Watch is probably not for me, and I'll end up with the new iPhone anyway. Wish the dual camera system was in the smaller phone.

Also Mario. Didn't see that coming. Glad it did.

11 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

are there any performance metrics?

also could i get a detailedish summary of everything after the watch :S

Quad Core A10 Fusion chip (2 high performace and 2 low power)

IP67 water & dust

New colours matte black and glossy jet black with cleaner design

A huge upgrade for camera on both the models with quad LED flash. Also 7MP front camera

Wide color gamut Retina HD Display

Stereo speakers

Force Touch Home Button with a dedicated Taptic engine

Double storage on all models (32, 128, 256)

Better battery

And boy the glossy black looks stunning IMO. Makes me want to get one right now

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

i used to agree with you, but now im afraid of bluetooth headphones (irrationally, i know, but i have a very valid reason).

What happened?

laptop

iPhone starts at 32gb! Hopefully Google will follow suit.

Interesting tid bit. Jet Black will only be available on 128gb or 256gb models. So you'll have to settle for matte black on the 32gb.

4 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I wouldn't put it past Apple man... 

Except the Lightning port is digital, and speakers need an analog signal. So yes, there's a DAC in there, as well as an amp. Unless they updated their lightning spec to have analog-signal-carrying pins in which case why even drop the fucking 3.5mm jack in the first place since that means there's a DAC on the phone WHICH IS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE to power the on-board speakers anyway.. Oh right, makes more $$$ when people keep re-buying them because you're guaranteed to lose them at least 4 times.

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, Bensemus said:

What happened?

i got my first pair of bluetooth headphones -- used them for 2-4 hours per day for 1 month and then at the end of the month i had a very swollen lymph node directly beneath where the transmitter sat. and it turned out to be hodgkins lymphoma. now if bluetooth caused cancer that quickly there would be a serious medical issue and it would be a highly published issue. but it just seems to coincidental to me.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Except the Lightning port is digital, and speakers need an analog signal. So yes, there's a DAC in there, as well as an amp. Unless they updated their lightning spec to have analog-signal-carrying pins in which case why even drop the fucking 3.5mm jack in the first place since that means there's a DAC on the phone WHICH IS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE to power the on-board speakers anyway.. Oh right, makes more $$$ when people keep re-buying them because you're guaranteed to lose them at least 4 times.

Well actually it is possible to push digital signal through the 3.5mm port (4+ pole only, since you can have power + ground + data(+) + data(-)) and have a dac farther up the headphones themselves... That is the other possibility. I highly doubt they updated lightning for digital audio. But yea obviously it's just a cash grab.

Also if you think 4 pole 3.5mm ports are stupid, there are 5 pole versions...

Also XLR comes in 3 pin variations if you don't believe it would be capable of high enough quality audio transmission.

Image result for MDR-NC31EM

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Oh look, the wireless earphones have the same plastic uncomfortable shape that make your ears go numb. At least I hope they improved the sound a bit. I mean it was not that bad compared to other "stock" earphones, but they could be better.

Apple iphone watch 20160907 5314.0

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

the same plastic uncomfortable shape that make your ears go numb.

Not sure if I'm in the minority, but I actually really like the shape of EarPods lol, they fit me perfectly and never fall out in the gym or when I'm running; really handy with these seeing as they would be easy enough to lose if they fall out. (And with the price point you defo wont want to lose them lol) 

The jet black reminds me of the lovely iPhone 4. I wonder if it feels the same and if it does, I might pay the premium for 128gb just to get it.