Android 7.0 Nougat released

Trixanity
Just now, Doobeedoo said:

Thanks.

No problem :) 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Those news makes you regret to have bought a device which wasn't a nexus!

For other phones official updates are pretty limited. You get one major update when you're lucky, and very few security updates... let's hope android evolves to something like windows in the way OEM deal with the OS, meaning that they'll add things on top of the OS, at the same layers to application, that way, you can add/remove things and update to your convenience.

Wonder if Samsung and Verizon might be able to push an update to Nougat for the S6 by the end of year.

Would be nice.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Those news makes you regret to have bought a device which wasn't a nexus!

For other phones official updates are pretty limited. You get one major update when you're lucky, and very few security updates... let's hope android evolves to something like windows in the way OEM deal with the OS, meaning that they'll add things on top of the OS, at the same layers to application, that way, you can add/remove things and update to your convenience.

Samsung and Verizon are seemingly pretty good at updating their stuff, I got Android M earlier this year and hoping that I'll get Android N either by the end of the year or early next year.

3 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Time flies. Sadly my phone won't be getting it anyway. :/

Time to head on over to XDA-Developers and get rootin' and tootin'!

That's what I've got to do with my Note 3 since Samsung and other phone manufacturers fail to understand that not everyone is going to update to the "latest, greatest" device, even if they can afford such an upgrade. There's nothing wrong with my Note 3 and its' Snapdragon 800 CPU with 3GB of RAM - it still runs beautifully, apart from the usual slowdowns that having stock 4.4.2 Android with TouchWiz bring.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

12 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Samsung and Verizon are seemingly pretty good at updating their stuff, I got Android M earlier this year and hoping that I'll get Android N either by the end of the year or early next year.

My S4 hasn't had an update for long, took weeks for them to patch the quadrooter exploit for instance (2 vulnerabilities are still present by the way, which sucks balls damn hard since those can be exploited for privileges elevation). That being said it got the update from J to L, it probably could've handled the one from L to K though. 

Yay, I heard some phones might get this update in 2 years, whooo!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

And I am sure Galaxy devices will get it sometime in 2018

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

12 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

My S4 hasn't had an update for long, took weeks for them to patch the quadrooter exploit for instance. That being said it got the update from J to L, it probably could've handled the one from L to K though. 

Idk I think Verizon and Samsung might get on top of updating the S6 sooner, hard to say though.

I've beta tested it for a bit now. Honestly I don't use any of the new features much. Subtle UI changes are nice though. I unfortunately have seen a drop in battery life though. 

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

I've beta tested it for a bit now. Honestly I don't use any of the new features much. Subtle UI changes are nice though. I unfortunately have seen a drop in battery life though. 

how much of a drop in battery, seeing as you have a 6P? 

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

how much of a drop in battery, seeing as you have a 6P? 

I used to go through a day with 30-40% remaining, now I am left with 15-20%, sometimes even need to stop to charge. Suddenly google play services and android system started using a lot of battery, before they would use 1-5%, being at the bottom of the list. Now they use 10-15% each. It could be me and I did something after updating to cause this, my friends haven't beta tested so I can't confirm.

Tons of apps didn't work when I started the beta, stuff like Pokemon Go rarely working. That has improved greatly since I started the beta as apps updated, although I still occasionaly have problems with apps not unlocking via fingerprint from an app.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

5 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Nexus 6p here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

13 minutes ago, Fgtfv567 said:

I will check it out! Thanks! 

Edit: Did it! now updating!!!

Edited by mrchow19910319

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

@Green_man_5  Go sign up for the beta program.

I just signed up. All you need to do is click "yes, I agree". 

Boom. Installing 7.0 right now.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Now to make a custom ROM for my TF201, or wait for one to be released.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

@Green_man_5  Go sign up for the beta program.

I just signed up. All you need to do is click "yes, I agree". 

Boom. Installing 7.0 right now.

You might want to remove yourself from the beta program so you don't get developer previews installing automatically in the future. Since your on a stable release this doesn't wipe your device.

More information on all the new features can be found at https://www.android.com/versions/nougat-7-0/

Nexus 5X (UK) dont have it yet :/

Has anyone updated ? Any problems ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

11 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Time flies. Sadly my phone won't be getting it anyway. :/

most phones wont get it and those that do will take up to  6 months

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

8 hours ago, wcreek said:

Wonder if Samsung and Verizon might be able to push an update to Nougat for the S6 by the end of year.

Would be nice.

Sources seem to indicate it will be January or February before Samsung devices start to get N, and even then it will begin with the N7 and S7 and work down from there. Of course these are just guesses and no one actually knows for sure.

Still I don't expect my M8 to get it at all, thank god for rooting :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Thony said:

Nexus 5X (UK) dont have it yet :/

Has anyone updated ? Any problems ?

You can get the rom image from Google Dev Portal and manually flash if you choose to.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Currently having a mental debate with myself about updating my Nexus 6P. I mean, there's nothing wrong with Marshmallow, but that viewing windows side by side feature is really appealing...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

51 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You can get the rom image from Google Dev Portal and manually flash if you choose to.

Screw that. Im not that impatient lol

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

33 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Currently having a mental debate with myself about updating my Nexus 6P. I mean, there's nothing wrong with Marshmallow, but that viewing windows side by side feature is really appealing...

So whats holding u back exactly ?

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

So whats holding u back exactly ?

The prospect that Nougat could slow my phone down significantly.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?