Would You Rather Tech Game 2.0

AlTech
1 hour ago, ATFink said:

You missed the fact that its the families PC not just yours. If siblings or parents want to use it they may want to kick you off... that was part of what was built into the question, but I guess I didn't make it clear.

EDIT: Maybe you already factored that in, but it wasn't outlined in your response.

I didn't factor that in. But I don't care anyways. 

TBH, if I have an epic PC, I could just hook up some zero clients and make "whole family, 1 CPU", right?

44 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

Writing with pen, because you can get those pens that rub out themselves, and you dont need to sharpen all the time.

All the memes in a single day, or 1 meme per day for the rest of your life?

1 meme per day. It's the usual rate I watch memes at.

Would you rather have an upgradeable PS3 or a non upgradeable PC?

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

14 hours ago, Giant Durian said:

WYR have a decent rig (i5 4460 or smthing, gtx960) with an unlimited steam wallet, or a massive gaming rig (whatever linus is putting in whatever massive hulking project abomination rig he'll be making next,), with a $100 steam budget/year.

Best PC with a limited Steam wallet. I don't buy many games.

14 hours ago, FloRolf said:

WYR Play a driving game with mouse only, meaning left click is gas and right is break (or similar)

OR Play a shooter with a wheel.

Driving with mouse. That'd be usable, a shooter with a wheel would not.

13 hours ago, TobiMay said:

Now WYR have the most glorious looking pc ever constructed with mid range hardware, or the absolute ugliest pc imaginable with top end hardware? Just solely aesthetics, all hardware works as intended.

Ugly but good PC. Form is good, but function is better.

13 hours ago, Cube_Dragon137 said:

Laptop with dGPU (like the Gigabyte Aero 14) or desktop without dGPU?

Desktop without dGPU. I think integrated graphics in a high-end desktop is an inherently bad idea, it wastes die space on something that won't be used anyway.

10 hours ago, Minibois said:

Writing with pen or writing with pencil? 

Pencil. Erasable pens suck and my Rotring 800 is amazing.

Would you rather use an ultra-high-end PC with a command-line interface (games and stuff work normally, command line is just the primary interface) or a mid-range PC with a full GUI.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

3 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Best PC with a limited Steam wallet. I don't buy many games.

Driving with mouse. That'd be usable, a shooter with a wheel would not.

Ugly but good PC. Form is good, but function is better.

Desktop without dGPU. I think integrated graphics in a high-end desktop is an inherently bad idea, it wastes die space on something that won't be used anyway.

Pencil. Erasable pens suck and my Rotring 800 is amazing.

Would you rather use an ultra-high-end PC with a command-line interface (games and stuff work normally, command line is just the primary interface) or a mid-range PC with a full GUI.

ultra-high-end. I'll figure it out eventually.

WYR have a 20,000 mAh extended battery for your phone or a 20,000 mAh external battery pack? (Remember you lose about 33% in a battery pack because of science, I forget why please enlighten me).

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

3 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

ultra-high-end. I'll figure it out eventually.

WYR have a 20,000 mAh extended battery for your phone or a 20,000 mAh external battery pack? (Remember you lose about 33% in a battery pack because of science, I forget why please enlighten me).

20,000 mAh external pack, because SCIENCE!

WYR you to use the shittiest peripherals  ever, with the exceptions of a 1080p 60Hz monitor ( not that cruel ), I mean headphones are vomit and feel like putting a rocks on your ears with fishing line as the headband, keyboard feels like typing on water, your mouse scratches the hell out of your already piece of junk mouse pad and the but have the best PC in existence, and will never be up gradable and your peripherals cannot change for 10 years. Or the best keyboard, mouse ect in the world, hell, maybe even engineered to your standards, but a shitty barely 720p 30FPS in every game for 10 years.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

8 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

20,000 mAh battery pack. My phone is the least of my concerns.

Also, are you referring to energy loss in charging?

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

WYR you to use the shittiest peripherals  ever, with the exceptions of a 1080p 60Hz monitor ( not that cruel ), I mean headphones are vomit and feel like putting a rocks on your ears with fishing line as the headband, keyboard feels like typing on water, your mouse scratches the hell out of your already piece of junk mouse pad and the but have the best PC in existence, and will never be up gradable and your peripherals cannot change for 10 years. Or the best keyboard, mouse ect in the world, hell, maybe even engineered to your standards, but a shitty barely 720p 30FPS in every game for 10 years.

If that amazing PC will still be amazing in 2026, then peripherals be damned.

Would you rather the PC industry make laptops as customizable and upgradable as current desktops and desktops as locked-down as current laptops, or have them abandon laptops entirely (so basically it's either cheap shit or a Macbook)?

8 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Yes.

Specs:

3 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Yes.

I can't imagine that cuts the effective capacity by a third...

I mean, nothing is perfectly efficient, but I've never heard of it being that big an issue.

12 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

If that amazing PC will still be amazing in 2026, then peripherals be damned.

Would you rather the PC industry make laptops as customizable and upgradable as current desktops and desktops as locked-down as current laptops, or have them abandon laptops entirely (so basically it's either cheap shit or a Macbook)?

the second choice, when I am out and about for work ect. my phone does what I need, I am to busy interacting with people to immerse in a game or deep work on my pc. I like to game when I am home and can zone out everything.

Would you rather be with out internet for 1 week and have electricity or have internet for that week and only enough power to run the router, modem and keep your phone/tablet charged and usable? 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

1 minute ago, toms94z71 said:

Would you rather be with out internet for 1 week and have electricity or have internet for that week and only enough power to run the router, modem and keep your phone/tablet charged and usable? 

If I can keep my 14-inch notebook charged, then no power.

If not... Well, I have no tablet and I can't imagine using my phone like that, so no internet I guess... I could get some work done or something...

Would you rather have to learn how to design and build your own components and never be able to buy another off-the-shelf CPU, GPU, or any other component again, or have to have someone else build and maintain your machine from now on and have no idea what's inside it?

Let's assume you can make your parts as good as companies can, though let's also assume it's a prohibitively difficult and laborious process.

7 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

If I can keep my 14-inch notebook charged, then no power.

If not... Well, I have no tablet and I can't imagine using my phone like that, so no internet I guess... I could get some work done or something...

Would you rather have to learn how to design and build your own components and never be able to buy another off-the-shelf CPU, GPU, or any other component again, or have to have someone else build and maintain your machine from now on and have no idea what's inside it?

Let's assume you can make your parts as good as companies can, though let's also assume it's a prohibitively difficult and laborious process.

I'd make it myself because I can sell it and make a ton of money.

WYR have a mid-range phone and a budget phone backup, or have a flagship phone.

Specs:

2 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

I'd make it myself because I can sell it and make a ton of money.

"Let's also assume it's a prohibitively difficult and laborious process." -(quoted from my post)

Meaning the amount of work you do is disproportionately large compared to the money you would gain.

2 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

WYR have a mid-range phone and a budget phone backup, or have a flagship phone.

Flagship, I don't really need a backup...

Would you rather have the collective knowledge of Google or have access to an omniscient Google?

3 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

"Let's also assume it's a prohibitively difficult and laborious process." -(quoted from my post)

Meaning the amount of work you do is disproportionately large compared to the money you would gain.

Flagship, I don't really need a backup...

Would you rather have the collective knowledge of Google or have access to an omniscient Google?

collective knowledge of google, to create another google where i can be the ceo.

WYR 3 4k displays with a 210 or a 720p display with a x1650 pro (no upgrading gpu/changing monitors)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

WYR 3 4k displays with a 210 or a 720p display with a x1650 pro (no upgrading gpu/changing monitors)

So, an amazing display setup with an old GPU or a worse display setup with an even older GPU?

... Um, triple 4k I guess, since I'd like to have Nvidia go through the trouble of tweaking and printing out that chip again just have it support three 4K panels.

Would you rather your PC have a magical wireless chip that can communicate using any protocol (so it can connect to any device) but not be able to use cables, or have to use cables for everything?

(The wireless card doesn't have magical speed or reliability, just universality.)

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

So, an amazing display setup with an old GPU or a worse display setup with an even older GPU?

... Um, triple 4k I guess, since I'd like to have Nvidia go through the trouble of tweaking and printing out that chip again just have it support three 4K panels.

Would you rather your PC have a magical wireless chip that can communicate using any protocol (so it can connect to any device) but not be able to use cables, or have to use cables for everything?

(The wireless card doesn't have magical speed or reliability, just universality.)

well my pc already uses cables for everything

so cables for everything? xD 

would you rather find a box of unopened sony dacs or a box of unopened vhs's (60minutes for both)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 18-8-2016 at 7:00 AM, themctipers said:

would you rather find a box of unopened sony dacs or a box of unopened vhs's (60minutes for both)

sony dacs since they would sell for more on ebay

Would you rather have the best sencorin your mouse with 10terrible placed macro keys and no keyboard to play high action games, or a  great keyboard with the worlds worst integrated trackpad to play high action games

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

3 minutes ago, malon said:

Would you rather have the best sencorin your mouse with 10terrible placed macro keys and no keyboard to play high action games, or a  great keyboard with the worlds worst integrated trackpad to play high action games

They sell for about the same :P 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 minutes ago, malon said:

I would rather have a mouse with them macro keys and be a camper at csgo all day.

Would you rather get a blue screen every 2 hours or get a blue screen randomly within every 4 hours(hehe).

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

35 minutes ago, iLoiter said:

I would rather have a mouse with them macro keys and be a camper at csgo all day.

Would you rather get a blue screen every 2 hours or get a blue screen randomly within every 4 hours(hehe).

I would rather get a blue screen every 2 hours since it's more predictable to save my work. 

Would you rather have a keyboard that changes it's layout every half hour or have your screen rotate itself every half hour. 

Main System:
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.6GHz | Cooler: Antec Kuhler 920 w/ AP15 Push/Pull | Mobo: ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Hero | Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 (4x4GB) | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC | OS: Samsung 830 128GB | Games: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Storage: Western Digital 3TB+4TB | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB - Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 - 3000/4500 DPI | Displays: Samsung BX2450 + ASUS VN247H-P (both custom 1440p profile)

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 (9350) - i7 6560U | QHD+ Touchscreen | 16GB RAM | 512GB NVMe SSD

9 minutes ago, lampeater said:

I would rather get a blue screen every 2 hours since it's more predictable to save my work. 

Would you rather have a keyboard that changes it's layout every half hour or have your screen rotate itself every half hour. 

Monitor, get a rotatable monitor arm. Also my touch typing would get completely shafted by a change in keyboard layout.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

13 hours ago, lampeater said:

Monitor.

Would you rather have to use a randomly generated password the length of a college essay, or have to solve a Rubik's cube every time you log on to something?

(Your memory isn't magic, you have to memorize it.)

13 hours ago, DebatED Nothing said:

-snip-

You have to propose one... That's how this game perpetuates...

... Otherwise it just stops...

3 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Would you rather have to use a randomly generated password the length of a college essay, or have to solve a Rubik's cube every time you log on to something?

Long password because Lastpass.

Would you rather your PC fall off your desk and hope it survives or purposely snap your motherboard in half when plugged in.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

2 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Would you rather your PC fall off your desk and hope it survives or purposely snap your motherboard in half when plugged in.

This is essentially "Would you rather your machine be possibly damaged, or just flat out dead?"

So... I'd rather it take a fall, obviously.

Either way, I'd have to have some sort of vengeance to just snap my motherboard in half, given that it's in the middle of the machine firmly secured to a steel plate which is firmly secured to a steel frame. I've gotta wonder what it could do to piss me off like that.

Would you rather have an Android phone running IOS or an iPhone running Android?

9 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Long password because Lastpass.

Ahem...

14 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Would you rather be able to upgrade your monitor any time you wanted to but be unable to upgrade your graphics hardware or be able to upgrade your graphics hardware any time you wanted to but be unable to upgrade your monitor?

TLDR: Monitor upgrades + no GPU upgrades OR GPU upgrades + no monitor upgrades

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

25 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Would you rather be able to upgrade your monitor any time you wanted to but be unable to upgrade your graphics hardware or be able to upgrade your graphics hardware any time you wanted to but be unable to upgrade your monitor?

TLDR: Monitor upgrades + no GPU upgrades OR GPU upgrades + no monitor upgrades

No monitor upgrades, I'm perfectly fine with my IPS 1080p monitor.

WYR only use the mobile forums site or have no mobile forums site?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

13 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

No monitor upgrades, I'm perfectly fine with my IPS 1080p monitor.

WYR only use the mobile forums site or have no mobile forums site?

No mobile because I use PC

WYR get a virus whenever you download a program and be able to use malwarebytes, or randomly get a virus whenever and have to wait a week to remove it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0