Would You Rather Tech Game 2.0

AlTech
15 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

I dare not to use LTT's naming scheme. It's the Pascal-powered version. Also you need to re-quote me real soon.

I just remembered this post.

Why are you not using the LTT name? I mean, just look at what happened here, you didn't use it and as a result someone asked you which one you were referring to.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I just remembered this post.

Why are you not using the LTT name? I mean, just look at what happened here, you didn't use it and as a result someone asked you which one you were referring to.

Because I feel like the LTT naming scheme leaves an impression of misunderstanding, like what happened already. Nvidia clearly knew the difference between the last Titan X and the new Titan X. This is nothing new whatsoever. Car companies have been doing this for a long time, Apple's been doing it too. What's the deal? Can't Nvidia do the same thing?

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

27 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Best PC.

Would you rather have to replace your keyboard with voice dictation or a resistive touch panel?

Touch panel because saying "W, W, W, W, W, W, AAAAAAAAAAAA NO NO NO A!" won't work well for gaming :P

Edit...:

WYR have a video card cupholder or a magnetic hard drive parts tray?

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, JurunceNK said:

Because I feel like the LTT naming scheme leaves an impression of misunderstanding, like what happened already. Nvidia clearly knew the difference between the last Titan X and the new Titan X. This is nothing new whatsoever. Car companies have been doing this for a long time, Apple's been doing it too. What's the deal?

I can't say much about cars (I'm not very familiar with the industry), but that's one of the things I hate most about Apple. Just because some companies do stupid things doesn't mean it's perfectly fine if other companies pick up the habit.

If it were me at Nvidia, I'd just name it after the year. The Titan X would be the Titan 15, the Titan XP would be the Titan 16, etc. It's efficient, it's logical, it's systematic, and it's expandable. Unfortunately, Nvidia doesn't seem to delegate a lot of their intelligence to marketing, so they don't know how to name things.

What re-using the name does is just make it difficult to differentiate the products effectively. You either have to add junk in parenthesis at the end of the name or clarify after being questioned which one you're talking about. It's inefficient and it's unnecessary. It also makes it far more trouble than it should be to search for it online, as even specifying the year or architecture won't change the fact that everything about both cards shares the "Titan X" keyword.

If you just continue to call it the "Titan X," all you're doing is making sure that every time you talk about it someone will have to ask you which one.

Sorry for the rant, but Nvidia's really been pissing me off lately with their stupid names~ :P

"Founder's Edition...."

*Grumble Grumble*...

16 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Touch panel because saying "W, W, W, W, W, W, AAAAAAAAAAAA NO NO NO A!" won't work well for gaming :P

Edit...:

WYR have a video card cupholder or a magnetic hard drive parts tray?

Well, I don't have a video card cupholder, so that one.

Would you rather every video card from this point on have the same name, or have them all be referred to by an 8-digit model number?

5 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Well, I don't have a video card cupholder, so that one.

Would you rather every video card from this point on have the same name, or have them all be referred to by an 8-digit model number?

I would rather have them referred to by an 8 digit model number. At least that way you can tell a difference between them and it is cooler too.

WYR only be able to put programs on your taskbar OR only be able to put programs on your desktop?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

8 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

I would rather have them referred to by an 8 digit model number. At least that way you can tell a difference between them and it is cooler too.

WYR only be able to put programs on your taskbar OR only be able to put programs on your desktop?

Taskbar because I already do that.

#rainmetermasterrace

WYR use all local storage or half local half NAS?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

7 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

I have a lot more room on my desktop than my taskbar, so desktop.

Would you rather have 1Gb internet from Google or 2Gb internet from Comcast?

3 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Taskbar because I already do that.

#rainmetermasterrace

WYR use all local storage or half local half NAS?

I would rather have all local because it will all be quick access :) 

3 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I have a lot more room on my desktop than my taskbar, so desktop.

Would you rather have 1Gb internet from Google or 2Gb internet from Comcast?

I would rather have 1GB internet from google because at least I know it would be decent quality lol.

WYR have six CRT monitors of size 1280x1024 OR have one projector at 50" but is 720?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

I would rather have 1GB internet from google because at least I know it would be decent quality lol.

WYR have six CRT monitors of size 1280x1024 OR have one projector at 50" but is 720?

50" projector because 16:9

WYR use a Skylake Pentium (upgradable) or a 1st gen i7?

✨PC Specs✨

11 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Six CRT's, I already have four monitors (only limited by desk space, I'd love more), can't imagine going down to one.

Also... Projector... Blegh.

Would you rather the PC industry shift to complete modular enclosures for components and turn everything into a sort of 'black box' (think Project Christine where the company doesn't say what's inside), or switch entirely to green PCB's?

3 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

50" projector because 16:9

WYR use a Skylake Pentium (upgradable) or a 1st gen i7?

Haha, that's a good one. Tbh, I would actually go with the first gen i7 because things like the i7-920 to i7-980 are still holding strong and competitive apparently even with some newer GPU's. 

WYR use an original iPhone which has more feature OR use a newer windows phone which has much (far less) fewer features?

My Rig:

42 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I can't say much about cars (I'm not very familiar with the industry), but that's one of the things I hate most about Apple. Just because some companies do stupid things doesn't mean it's perfectly fine if other companies pick up the habit.

If it were me at Nvidia, I'd just name it after the year. The Titan X would be the Titan 15, the Titan XP would be the Titan 16, etc. It's efficient, it's logical, it's systematic, and it's expandable. Unfortunately, Nvidia doesn't seem to delegate a lot of their intelligence to marketing, so they don't know how to name things.

What re-using the name does is just make it difficult to differentiate the products effectively. You either have to add junk in parenthesis at the end of the name or clarify after being questioned which one you're talking about. It's inefficient and it's unnecessary. It also makes it far more trouble than it should be to search for it online, as even specifying the year or architecture won't change the fact that everything about both cards shares the "Titan X" keyword.

If you just continue to call it the "Titan X," all you're doing is making sure that every time you talk about it someone will have to ask you which one.

Sorry for the rant, but Nvidia's really been pissing me off lately with their stupid names~ :P

"Founder's Edition...."

*Grumble Grumble*...

I agree. However with the new Titan X, you may have noticed that I'm referring it by simply calling it "Nvidia Titan X", foregoing the GeForce GTX branding. Maybe calling the new Titan X the "Titan 10" (referring to the GeForce 10 series of GPUs) would have made more sense IMO.

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

5 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Haha, that's a good one. Tbh, I would actually go with the first gen i7 because things like the i7-920 to i7-980 are still holding strong and competitive apparently even with some newer GPU's. 

WYR use an original iPhone which has more feature OR use a newer windows phone which has much (far less) fewer features?

Windows phone. Original iPhone is slow and probably actually had less features. Worse in every way shape and form.

Bumper case or glass screen protector?

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

3 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

I agree. However with the new Titan X, you may have noticed that I'm referring it by simply calling it "Nvidia Titan X", foregoing the GeForce GTX branding. Maybe calling the new Titan X the "Titan 10" (referring to the GeForce 10 series of GPUs) would have made more sense IMO.

The problem there is that the Titan X is also an Nvidia card. It's also a bit clunky to always stick "Nvidia" in front of it, after all, nobody says "GTX Titan X" all the time.

"Titan 10" would've been good as well, it's also logical, efficient, systematic, etc...

Just now, BingoFishy said:

Windows phone. Original iPhone is slow and probably actually had less features. Worse in every way shape and form.

Bumper case or screen protector?

Bumper case because I just simply hate screen protectors.

WYR always use Calibri OR Times New Roman? (for all the font you ever write in, ever)

Also, I will have you know that my friend still uses his first gen iPhone because he absolutely hates his windows phone. I know many people that say they wish they hadn't bought a windows phone because it is simply terrible compared to other cheaper devices out there. Also, there is so little apps that people actually use on windows phone.

My Rig:

12 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Bumper case because I just simply hate screen protectors.

WYR always use Calibri OR Times New Roman? (for all the font you ever write in, ever)

Also, I will have you know that my friend still uses his first gen iPhone because he absolutely hates his windows phone. I know many people that say they wish they hadn't bought a windows phone because it is simply terrible compared to other cheaper devices out there. Also, there is so little apps that people actually use on windows phone.

Calibri. I think. That one is sans-serif right? Serif fonts like Times New Roman have fewer ideal uses. On mobile so I can't change font.

WYR drop your phone off 100 feet into concrete  or blow it up?

Specs:

1 hour ago, BingoFishy said:

Calibri. I think. That one is sans-serif right? Serif fonts like Times New Roman have fewer ideal uses. On mobile so I can't change font.

WYR drop your phone off 100 feet into concrete  or blow it up?

Those are effectively the same so I'd go with blowing it up since it looks better.

WYR submerge your rig in water and hope it survives or submerge it in oil and have it greasy until the end of all days?

8 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

Those are effectively the same so I'd go with blowing it up since it looks better.

WYR submerge your rig in water and hope it survives or submerge it in oil and have it greasy until the end of all days?

Water. As long as it's turned off, I can let it dry off for a few weeks.

WYR only have a keyboard or only have a mouse?

Specs:

8 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

I'd rather submerge my PC in oil, and deal with it being greasy, as oil is electrically inert, therefore I can sleep soundly, knowing that my PC hasn't blew up from submerging it, and being worth it at the end of the day (in terms of voiding warranties)

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, BingoFishy said:

I'd rather have a mouse, that is if I'm allowed to have an MMO mouse so I can pwn noobs in MOBA's all day every day, with one hand lol_by_phillyzero.gif

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

15 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

I'd rather only have a mouse.

Would you rather have bent motherboard pins or bent CPU pins?

@JurunceNK, you have to propose a question every time you answer someone.

1 minute ago, Dash Lambda said:

I'd rather only have a mouse.

Would you rather have bent motherboard pins or bent CPU pins?

@JurunceNK, you have to propose a question every time you answer someone.

Bent motherboard pins because you never said they had to be CPU sockeet pins ;)

Plus I've had to fix my USB 3 header because of bent pins before and it was easy.

WYR have super fast limited (40GB) data or slow unlimited data (like my 2mbps internet :P)

✨PC Specs✨

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Bent motherboard pins because you never said they had to be CPU sockeet pins ;)

Plus I've had to fix my USB 3 header because of bent pins before and it was easy.

WYR have super fast limited (40GB) data or slow unlimited data (like my 2mbps internet :P)

Unlimited. I need them Netflix movies :P

Would you rather work as an engineer at Intel and get discounts on Intel products or work as an engineer at NVIDIA and get discounts on NVIDIA products?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Unlimited. I need them Netflix movies :P

Would you rather work as an engineer at Intel and get discounts on Intel products or work as an engineer at NVIDIA and get discounts on NVIDIA products?

Nvidia so I could finally get one of their graphics cards at MSRP.

rekt

WYR buy a used R9 295X2 that was used for bitcoin mining for $200 and hope it lasts or buy a new GTX 1060/RX 480?

✨PC Specs✨