Would You Rather Tech Game 2.0

AlTech
5 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

720p 60, I can't do 24fps.

Besides you never said I had to throw out my current monitors ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: I am an idiot and keep forgetting the wyr part:

WYR have the hard drive capacity to store the entire internet inside one drive or a 2TB SSD?

HDD that can store the entire internet,  just for bragging rights. 

And nobody said anything about not adding a boot ssd. 

WYR  have a gpu that's constantly throttling or one that is constantly screaming with fans at 100%

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

14 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

WYR have the hard drive capacity to store the entire internet inside one drive or a 2TB SSD?

HDD capacity. Do you have any idea how amazing that would be?

I don't need a bigger boot SSD than I currently have~

Would you rather have a working sonic screwdriver but have to use it to fix the problems anyone you know has with their devices for free, or only have a traditional multi-bit screwdriver (No spudgers, pokers, picks, grabbers, etc.) and never be expected to fix other people's stuff.

(And I mean you have to fix the problems when they happen, no procrastinating. Come on, you don't need sleep.)

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Would you rather have a working sonic screwdriver but have to use it to fix the problems anyone you know has with their devices for free, or only have a traditional multi-bit screwdriver (No spudgers, pokers, picks, grabbers, etc.) and never be expected to fix other people's stuff.

(And I mean you have to fix the problems when they happen, no procrastinating. Come on, you don't need sleep.)

Multi-bit

Would you rather have a Titan XP that you have to use with an 800x600 CRT or be forced to have to turn the settings all the way up on a 4k monitor with a GTX 750 Ti?

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

19 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Sonic screwdriver because I like fixing things.

EDIT: You'd think by now I would've learned to add the wyr.

Would you rather have a dead Titan XP or a working GT 210 (you can sell the titan but you can't upgrade the 210)

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

3 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Would you rather have a Titan XP that you have to use with an 800x600 CRT or be forced to have to turn the settings all the way up on a 4k monitor with a GTX 750 Ti

Titan on a CRT. I'd rather be able to, you know, play the games.

Would you rather have to build your PC in a case many times too large (So it's basically a gigantic, mostly empty metal box), or have to build in such a small form factor that you can only fit components a few tiers below what you want?

13 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Sonic screwdriver because I like fixing things.

EDIT: You'd think by now I would've learned to add the wyr.

Would you rather have a dead Titan XP or a working GT 210 (you can sell the titan but you can't upgrade the 210)

A dead Titan XP.

The cooler alone would sell for the price of a few GT 210s.

Would you rather have to use a mouse with all Cherry MX Reds or a keyboard with all Omron microswitches?

5 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

A dead Titan XP.

The cooler alone would sell for the price of a few GT 210s.

Would you rather have to use a mouse with all Cherry MX Reds or a keyboard with all Omron microswitches?

Kind of off topic but what are microswitches?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

3 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Kind of off topic but what are microswitches?

They're the small, short, clicky switches typically found in mouse buttons.

They're also used in a lot of other interfaces, like arcade sticks and some Dpads, though I think Omron is most known for their switches in mice.

2 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

They're the small, short, clicky switches typically found in mouse buttons.

They're also used in a lot of other interfaces, like arcade sticks and some Dpads, though I think Omron is most known for their switches in mice.

Cherry MX mouse because I can't live without my mechanical keyboard.

WYR have one multifunction program for everything or a bunch of programs for different things (so like what we have right now) ?

✨PC Specs✨

2 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

WYR have one multifunction program for everything or a bunch of programs for different things (so like what we have right now) ?

I would rather have the bunch of programs then if something breaks I know what broke

WYR be stuck using a prebuilt pc that can be over clocked slightly without a gpu or have a customer without overclocking and an old gpu from 2000

6 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Well, that multifunction program would necessarily just be a collection of programs with a similar design, so it's either have all the programs monopolized or not... So I choose what we have right now.

Would you rather have AMD start competing in CPU's or high-end GPU's?

One or the other. The one they don't compete in is a monopoly.

1 minute ago, Jstone said:

I would rather have the bunch of programs then if something breaks I know what broke

WYR be stuck using a prebuilt pc that can be over clocked slightly without a gpu or have a customer without overclocking and an old gpu from 2000

A prebuilt because you never said I couldn't upgrade/change parts.

EDIT: ...

WYR eat an i7 or a Pentium?

idek

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

Well, that multifunction program would necessarily just be a collection of programs with a similar design, so it's either have all the programs monopolized or not... So I choose what we have right now.

Would you rather have AMD start competing in CPU's or high-end GPU's?

CPUs because I can't afford high end GPUs

Would you rather use a Raidmax PSU or a Logisys PSU (can upgrade but you have to turn the system on and run stress tests, you can also keep the PSU as far away as possible from your other parts for their safety xD)

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

46 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

A prebuilt because you never said I couldn't upgrade/change parts.

EDIT: ...

WYR eat an i7 or a Pentium?

idek

Pentium because it's got a smaller die/less components on the die.

Would You Rather use C++ ALL THE TIME to program anything OR Python ALL THE TIME to program anything?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Would You Rather use C++ ALL THE TIME to program anything OR Python ALL THE TIME to program anything?

I would rather program anything in Python.

Would you Rather: Listen to AMD fanboys hound you about there facts about how good AMD is, to have a CUSTOM PC of your dreams, or go Team greean but you can't have anything newer than Haswell.

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

7 minutes ago, Couch225 said:

I would rather program anything in Python.

Would you Rather: Listen to AMD fanboys hound you about there facts about how good AMD is, to have a CUSTOM PC of your dreams, or go Team greaan but you can't have anything newer and excluding Haswell.

Custom PC duh

Would you rather build your PC with just your hands but in a nice area, or build it with nice tools but in a terrible area (Carpet in wool everything)

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Custom PC duh

Would you rather build your PC with just your hands but in a nice area, or build it with nice tools but in a terrible area (Carpet in wool everything)

Terrible area because anti static wrist straps everywhere.

Would you rather use a Raidmax PSU or a Logisys PSU (can upgrade but you have to turn the system on and run stress tests, you can also keep the PSU as far away as possible from your other parts for their safety xD )

✨PC Specs✨

15 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Terrible area because anti static wrist straps everywhere.

Would you rather use a Raidmax PSU or a Logisys PSU (can upgrade but you have to turn the system on and run stress tests, you can also keep the PSU as far away as possible from your other parts for their safety xD )

I'd use a bunch of both, but have each do very little. Example: One PSU for the 24 pin, one for the CPU, one for the graphics card.

WYR run your PC without MoBo standoffs or run it with a CPU cooler rated to half the TDP of your CPU?

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

37 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'd rather use C++, it's basically what the majority of other languages are built off of and I know it better than I know Python...

Would you rather have to upgrade every generation or only be able to upgrade every 5 years (assuming the same tier of hardware and limited money).

18 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

I'd use a bunch of both, but have each do very little. Example: One PSU for the 24 pin, one for the CPU, one for the graphics card.

WYR run your PC without MoBo standoffs or run it with a CPU cooler rated to half the TDP of your CPU?

Cooler because that isn't certain death for the CPU, I can add a ton of fans.

✨PC Specs✨

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

Would you rather have to upgrade every generation or only be able to upgrade every 5 years (assuming the same tier of hardware and limited money).

Every gen i guess.

WYR Game on a 34" Ultra Wide in Portrait mode or a 50" 4k TV but from 10meter distance?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

26 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Every gen i guess.

WYR Game on a 34" Ultra Wide in Portrait mode or a 50" 4k TV but from 10meter distance?

I'd rather game on a a 50" 4K UHD TV from 10 meters away in portrait mode rather than a 34" 1440p ultra-wide because I would be able to see more. May end up having an issue with text :/

Would you rather spend less on your electric bill to power the NVIDIA TITAN X for a year, or would you rather spend more on your electric bill to power the Radeon R9 295X2 for a year using this config?

• Intel Core i7-6800K Stock
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Quad 2400 MHz C13
  • The aforementioned GPUs
  • EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
  • WD Red 3TB 5400 RPM HDD
  • PNY CS1311 480GB SSD

2 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

I would only upgrade every 5 years, depending on what game I'm trying to run with the resolution and fidelity turned up as high as possible.

Edited by JurunceNK
Changed the WYR question and an answer

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, JurunceNK said:

I'd rather game on a 34" 1440p ultra-wide than gaming on a 50" 4K UHD TV from 10 meters away because I can sit however far I want from dat curve baby lol_by_phillyzero.gif

You forgot about the Portrait mode though lol

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, FloRolf said:

You forgot about the Portrait mode though lol

You got me damnit!

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

4 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

I'd rather game on a 34" 1440p ultra-wide than gaming on a 50" 4K UHD TV from 10 meters away because I can sit however far I want from dat curve baby lol_by_phillyzero.gif

Would you rather spend less on your electric bill to power the NVIDIA TITAN X for a year, or would you rather spend more on your electric bill to power the Radeon R9 295X2 for a year?

I would only upgrade every 5 years, depending on what game I'm trying to run with the resolution and fidelity turned up as high as possible.

Original Titan X or Titan XP? Whatever one is more powerful, I'm 13, I don't pay the power bill xD

✨PC Specs✨