Would You Rather Tech Game 2.0

AlTech
40 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

No monitor upgrades, I'm perfectly fine with my IPS 1080p monitor.

WYR only use the mobile forums site or have no mobile forums site?

Have no mobile forums site. No phone :P

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

3 minutes ago, Duck_from_Estonia said:

resistive touch panel

would you rather have in cs go 100 fps or 300 fps but low rez?

100FPS. I don't CS:GO

Would you rather have your PC stolen, but have backups of all of your data or have all of your data and back ups destroyed, but keep your PC?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

10 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

100FPS. I don't CS:GO

Would you rather have your PC stolen, but have backups of all of your data or have all of your data and back ups destroyed, but keep your PC?

All of my data destroyed... Happens to me already once...

Would you rather to play only games who is older than 10 years or play only games who rated below 3stars? 

1 hour ago, TITANB said:

All of my data destroyed... Happens to me already once...

Would you rather to play only games who is older than 10 years or play only games who rated below 3stars? 

Games below 3 stars. I dont know what kind of rating that is but the idea of playing something older than GTAIV and Modern Warfare kills me.

Would you rather have a low quality cheap power supply with high end components, or have a mid range PC with a decent power supply.

27 minutes ago, Alaa said:

Games below 3 stars. I dont know what kind of rating that is but the idea of playing something older than GTAIV and Modern Warfare kills me.

Would you rather have a low quality cheap power supply with high end components, or have a mid range PC with a decent power supply.

I want my house to stay intact, so mid range PC.

Would you rather have a job doing what you love, but with a horrible, irritating boss, or have a job you don't like but a boss who you see as a friend and can have intelligent discussions with?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

On 8/22/2016 at 10:59 AM, NinjaJc01 said:

I want my house to stay intact, so mid range PC.

Would you rather have a job doing what you love, but with a horrible, irritating boss, or have a job you don't like but a boss who you see as a friend and can have intelligent discussions with?

The job with the good boss please, because even a menial task can be made enjoyable when you're talking to friends doing it (cough, DOTA, cough :P)

Would you rather a PC in a node 202 with a GTX 1070 or a Full tower with a 1080, assume all other components comparable.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

On 8/21/2016 at 4:35 PM, Dash Lambda said:

You have to propose one... That's how this game perpetuates...

... Otherwise it just stops...

I couldn't think of one at the time, retrospectively I should have just not posted.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

2 hours ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Would you rather a PC in a node 202 with a GTX 1070 or a Full tower with a 1080, assume all other components comparable.

I'd want the better PC.

SFF confounds me, people put so much effort into limiting their machines. I'd rather use a TX10 than be stuck with a dinky little mITX case.

If you could choose a notebook to have a 6950X, a Titan XP, 128GB of RAM, and 10hrs of battery life, would you rather it be a Thinkpad T series or a Macbook Pro?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

On 8/12/2016 at 0:20 PM, Dash Lambda said:

(disregard)

35 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I'd want the better PC.

SFF confounds me, people put so much effort into limiting their machines. I'd rather use a TX10 than be stuck with a dinky little mITX case.

If you could choose a notebook to have a 6950X, a Titan XP, 128GB of RAM, and 10hrs of battery life, would you rather it be a Thinkpad T series or a Macbook Pro?

MBP. Because build quality and track pad. Also the option of OS X.

WYR a phone built like an iPhone 6S/HTC 10 or built like an LG V10/Moto X Pure

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Just now, BingoFishy said:

MBP. Because build quality and track pad. Also the option of OS X. ಠ_ಠ

Choosing the MBP over a Thinkpad T series for build quality? Have you ever used a Thinkpad?

I agree about the trackpad, though.

3 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

WYR a phone built like an iPhone 6S/HTC 10 or built like an LG V10/Moto X Pur

I've never handled either of the latter phones, but they look pretty good.

I hate the way iPhones are built (and yes, that extends to the HTC 10). They're delicate, pointlessly compromising, and absolutely lousy with glue.

So basically, second choice.

Would you rather your laptop have an absurd display resolution and pathetic battery life, or 720p with a week's worth of battery life?

2 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Choosing the MBP over a Thinkpad T series for build quality? Have you ever used a Thinkpad?

I agree about the trackpad, though.

I've never handled either of the latter phones, but they look pretty good.

I hate the way iPhones are built (and yes, that extends to the HTC 10). They're delicate, pointlessly compromising, and absolutely lousy with glue.

So basically, second choice.

Would you rather your laptop have an absurd display resolution and pathetic battery life, or 720p with a week's worth of battery life?

720p.

WYR use Windows or os X if they have the same compatibility (software and hardware)

Specs:

1 minute ago, BingoFishy said:

720p.

WYR use Windows or os X if they have the same compatibility (software and hardware)

Probably OS X, fuck microsoft.

Would you rather have god like internet for only an hour everyday or have dial up all the time?

5 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Windows.

Every time I use OSX, it feels like I'm fiddling with a toy. Like one of those computers they have kids play with at libraries, with the oversimplified interface and all the little games and the complete lack of anything except those games and the absence of any customization options and whatnot. It feels like Apple made one of those for 'big kids.'

(Though, to be honest, Windows 10 isn't much better. And it also has a great many issues that I'm not okay with. I'm looking into switching back to 7.)

2 minutes ago, Lord_Doge said:

Would you rather have god like internet for only an hour everyday or have dial up all the time?

Dial up. I'm sure it's slower than I think it is, but if it at least works, I think I'd rather have consistent access.

Would you rather have a wireless mechanical keyboard with unreliable, shitty wireless, or an extremely flimsy and mushy rubber dome keyboard with a perfectly operational wired connection?

2 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Windows.

Every time I use OSX, it feels like I'm fiddling with a toy. Like one of those computers they have kids play with at libraries, with the oversimplified interface and all the little games and the complete lack of anything except those games and the absence of any customization options and whatnot. It feels like Apple made one of those for 'big kids.'

(Though, to be honest, Windows 10 isn't much better. And it also has a great many issues that I'm not okay with. I'm looking into switching back to 7.)

Dial up. I'm sure it's slower than I think it is, but if it at least works, I think I'd rather have consistent access.

Would you rather have a wireless mechanical keyboard with unreliable, shitty wireless, or an extremely flimsy and mushy rubber dome keyboard with a perfectly operational wired connection?

I'll take the rubber dome.

WYR have only wireless charging or only wired charging? (Costs and incompatibility aside)

Specs:

WYR have only wireless charging or only wired charging? (Costs and incompatibility aside)

Wired. Wireless, as compared to wired, is inherently less efficient, less reliable, and less effective. The convenience benefit just isn't worth it to me. I just see it as a novelty right now.

Would you rather have a wireless/wired G502 with the same wireless hardware and battery as the G900, or a G900 with the active battery life of a sleeping Kindle?

4 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Wired. Wireless, as compared to wired, is inherently less efficient, less reliable, and less effective. The convenience benefit just isn't worth it to me. I just see it as a novelty right now.

Would you rather have a wireless/wired G502 with the same wireless hardware and battery as the G900, or a G900 with the active battery life of a sleeping Kindle?

Well the G900 is kinda better anyway so I'd get a G900.

WYR only have headphones (circumaural) or earbuds?

Specs:

Well the G900 is kinda better anyway so I'd get a G900.

... Better... Anyway?

How?

... Seriously, how?

3 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

WYR only have headphones (circumaural) or earbuds?

I haven't used earbuds in years, I hate them.

So headphones.

Would you rather only have one of those Gigabyte Brick PC's or only have a kickass monster of a machine built into four Caselabs TX10s?

18 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

... Better... Anyway?

How?

... Seriously, how?

I haven't used earbuds in years, I hate them.

So headphones.

Would you rather only have one of those Gigabyte Brick PC's or only have a kickass monster of a machine built into four Caselabs TX10s?

Monster of a machine because I could downsize it.

WYR Broadwell (5775c) or Haswell (4770k)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Since @TheRandomness did not say a Would you rather,i'm gonna

Would you rather have a i7 6950x , 64gb ram 4-Way Titan XP setup (we can all dream Nvidia allows for that) and have a shit tone of cables OR have a i5 6600k,16gb ram,GTX 1060

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

Would you rather have a i7 6950x , 64gb ram 4-Way Titan XP setup (we can all dream Nvidia allows for that) and have a shit tone of cables OR have a i5 6600k,16gb ram,GTX 1060

Ignore the line that says WYR in my post then c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Ignore the line that says WYR in my post then c:

I would rather Broadwell (Them iGPU power !)

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Monster of a machine because I could downsize it.

No you couldn't. That's the point.

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

WYR Broadwell (5775c) or Haswell (4770k)

Why not the 4790K?

... Eh, I'd go Haswell. Broadwell is known to be worse at overclocking and the performance gains are minimal.

Would you rather do math with a Rotring 800 in a Moleskine notebook or with a Wacom pen on a graphics tablet?

(Or, you know, anything 'writing' that you do. I just do math, so...)

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

... Yes he did.

On 24/08/2016 at 6:10 AM, Dash Lambda said:

No you couldn't. That's the point.

Why not the 4790K?

... Eh, I'd go Haswell. Broadwell is known to be worse at overclocking and the performance gains are minimal.

Would you rather do math with a Rotring 800 in a Moleskine notebook or with a Wacom pen on a graphics tablet?

(Or, you know, anything 'writing' that you do. I just do math, so...)

Reveal hidden contents

... Yes he did.

Much prefer writing in a book for equations. 

Would you rather sketch with a really good pencil set and book or Wacom tablet? Real question as I've never used a tablet. 

- snip-

1 minute ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Much prefer writing in a book for equations. 

Would you rather sketch with a really good pencil set and book or Wacom tablet? Real question as I've never used a tablet. 

Pencil and paper because with them I could go out into a remote location and sketch the landscape for hours with minimal fuss. Try doing that with a Wacom Tablet.

WYR have to pay for each YouTube video you watch or have to pay for a subscription to use Steam on top of the cost of the actual games (like PS Plus)?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?