This PSU in a Raven RVZ02?

sterlingr
Go to solution Solved by ShaithEatery,

the overall dimentions seem to be standard SFX, but the strange thing is that the AC power connector seems to be on what would be considered the side of the PSU.  The wider part of the PSU that, in the ebay picture, shows the sticker for it is usually what would be facing outward on the back of the case.  Granted, the RVZ02 has an internal power extension that routes from the PSU AC power input to the actual rear of the case, but I would still be weary of it not working out quite right.

1 minute ago, sterlingr said:

Can anyone help me determine if this SFX psu will fit in my Silverstone raven RVZ02? (Please no comments on the poor quality of the psu)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291015685610 

Thanks!

it has been removed

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

That is very sketchy

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1 hour ago, BingoFishy said:

That is very sketchy

"No comments on the quality of the psu"

Don't you think there's a reason I put that in my post?

If you can't help answer the question, please don't fill the thread with something the OP specifically asked not to say. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, sterlingr said:

"No comments on the quality of the psu"

Don't you think there's a reason I put that in my post?

If you can't help answer the question, please don't fill the thread with something the OP specifically asked not to say. Thanks.

It will work but it won't work for very long, that's our point. Are you going to replace it soon? Fireworks look a lot cooler outdoors.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

22 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It will work but it won't work for very long, that's our point. Are you going to replace it soon? Fireworks look a lot cooler outdoors.

...good god people...

I know you're trying to help, but I'm not even using this PSU, it's obviously crap. Just trying to find dimensions for its casing. Thanks, but I really just want to find an answer to the question ?

20 minutes ago, sterlingr said:

...good god people...

I know you're trying to help, but I'm not even using this PSU, it's obviously crap. Just trying to find dimensions for its casing. Thanks, but I really just want to find an answer to the question ?

The Raven requires SFX or SFX-L PSUs.

This is the dimensions of a SFX PSU (in mm)

z_pcpc_dim_sfx.GIF

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/formSFX-c.html

the overall dimentions seem to be standard SFX, but the strange thing is that the AC power connector seems to be on what would be considered the side of the PSU.  The wider part of the PSU that, in the ebay picture, shows the sticker for it is usually what would be facing outward on the back of the case.  Granted, the RVZ02 has an internal power extension that routes from the PSU AC power input to the actual rear of the case, but I would still be weary of it not working out quite right.

Why not post the one you're actually looking at buying? ;) Typically SFX has standard size. Just look at its dimensions and then look at the case dimensions. :) 

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

7 hours ago, ShaithEatery said:

Thanks so much, exactly what I thought too and wanted to confirm my suspicion. Thanks!!!