Can the experienced gamer tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps?

TechTheWorld

Can the average gamer tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps? I think "I" can but what do u guys think?

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I can't play at 30fps, it's so bad..

What game were you playing with what video card?

I can't play at 30fps, it's so bad..

What game were you playing with what video card?

I agree I just turn my pc off when it gets to 30fps. I am playing black ops 1. Medium settings @800x600 it looks like crap but I prefer performance right now. I am hoping to upgrade to like a 7770 or something(no debate on that topic). But I get around 60-90 fps on average so its not bad.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Yes, if you've had experience with a 120hz monitor then you will tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps. Linus actually did a video about this.

60fps is a lot smoother than 30 fps, from what I've experienced.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

You need to be an experienced gamer to notice the difference?

I think anyone can, it just depends on if it bothers you or not. I cant play on less than 60 fps,

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Well the video that linus did was about the "average gamer" and the "average gamer" could not tell the difference so I was wondering if it was just my mind playing tricks or there was a difference between frame rates.

I think anyone can, it just depends on if it bothers you or not. I cant play on less than 60 fps,
Same here.

Difference is like night and day.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Ye evil vs good.

I haven't seen it but I thought that was about 60 and.. erh.. something higher. I notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps at least.

Ya I definitely notice the difference.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Ye I think it was 60 and 120 but im not sure....

Ok if you have played at 60 FPS for a long time it's hard to go back to 30 FPS, but the amount of computers I have built for friends out of recycled parts they still enjoy todays games at 25-30 fps, 30 fps is a playable frame rate where as a "experienced gamer" would prefer to have 60 because its alot smoother and helps game play for most games.

Most console games today run 25-30 FPS and heaps of console players dont notice. Not the best info i know but hope it helped.

But yeh Nigh & Day comment from Jozi is the best. Can see better during the Day (60 FPS) and barely see at night (30 FPS) unless one had nightvision :P

Then people who say they get 100-120 FPS need to turn Vsync on :P

I finished doom 2 and Duke 3d on a 486 DX, my Duke ran about 12 FPS still manged to play it :P

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Ok so I am not ocd then....

i cant play with less than 45 fps.

This would sound more appropriate like: "Can the average gamer see the difference between 60 and 120 fps?" to which i would reply:

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I can definitely tell the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

And yes, if you put someone in front of 30 fps, then instant in front of 60 fps they will see the difference, not even gamers, try it with your family :D

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Yes without a doubt, everyone should be able to tell the difference up to 60fps and many well beyond that. Even in video it is very apparent, if you went to see The Hobbit at 48fps it should have been quite obvious, if not google to see how others felt about it.

This would sound more appropriate like: "Can the average gamer see the difference between 60 and 120 fps?" to which i would reply:

Edited.

And yes, if you put someone in front of 30 fps, then instant in front of 60 fps they will see the difference, not even gamers, try it with your family :D
My family cant even tell the difference between games never the less fps in those said games.

I like atleast 40-45 fps when playing games.

I think most people who play games on pc can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue