Zotac GTX 1060 AMP! and GTX 1060 Mini pictured

Djole123

So, as usual, reference model of Pascal is more expensive and we want the custom models, so, here we go!

Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1060-AMP-6GB-2.jpg

Even tho it's not the Mini variant (which we will look in a second) it's a bit shorter. It still has 2 fans none the less.

It looks cool IMO.

GTX 1060 Mini

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1060-Mini-6GB-2.jpg

It's shorter than it's bigger brother and it has a single but big fan, which is OK. It has approximately the same dimensions as the GTX 1070 Mini, just cheaper and less powerful.

Both of these cards are powered by a single 6-pin connector and both will ship with up to 6G of video buffer.

They look great IMO, keep on the good work Zotac!

Source:

http://videocardz.com/62073/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-amp-and-mini-detailed

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

4 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

snip

I would've thought the mini variant would only come in 4GB, that's kinda impressive they're able to do the full 6GB on it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Looks cool 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I always love to welcome custom cards into the world! Their arrival can be compared to the arrival of God himself! So many expectations and excitement; and pure joy to finally see them in all their glory! PC industry is indeed booming! :)

Nothing to see here ;)

$300-$320 later

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

I would've thought the mini variant would only come in 4GB, that's kinda impressive they're able to do the full 6GB on it.

Not really. This is the FE card with the cooler taken off: 

gtx_1060_pcb_1.jpg

There is plenty of room left to put on a PCI-E connector on the PCB.

49 minutes ago, elago said:

The long one looks like a Nitro card form Saphire,

Zotac is Sapphire's sister company so they probably share some of the design. 

30 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

How does that work? Both subsidiary's of a third company? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

That cooler on the Mini does not look like it's capable of cooling 120W xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, Derangel said:

Not really. This is the FE card with the cooler taken off: 

gtx_1060_pcb_1.jpg

There is plenty of room left to put on a PCI-E connector on the PCB.

Looks like 8GB models might be a thing... It has all the circuitry to do it.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I said 1070!!!

7ad4a1b56ada7b2e4880b690b2bd1145.jpg

I think I'm the only one who gets this reference.

That makes me very sad for humanity.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

1 hour ago, Nup said:

How does that work? Both subsidiary's of a third company? 

Ehh... I remember reading it on some forum a long time ago but now that I am looking into it, there is some confusion going around.

From what I can tell, Zotac is owned by a company called PC Partner. They also own Inno3D. Both Zotac and Inno3D are Nvidia-only. They do not sell any AMD cards.

I could not find Sapphire anywhere on PC Partner's website, so I did some more digging. Apparently Sapphire is their own independent company, but they are very close to PC Partner and a lot of the Sapphire branded products are actually produced by PC Partner (according to Fudzilla).

So I guess it would be incorrect to say that Zotac and Sapphire are sister companies. It's more like Zotac's dad and Sapphire are best friends, and Sapphire often gets help from the Zotac family.

45 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Ehh... I remember reading it on some forum a long time ago but now that I am looking into it, there is some confusion going around.

From what I can tell, Zotac is owned by a company called PC Partner. They also own Inno3D. Both Zotac and Inno3D are Nvidia-only. They do not sell any AMD cards.

I could not find Sapphire anywhere on PC Partner's website, so I did some more digging. Apparently Sapphire is their own independent company, but they are very close to PC Partner and a lot of the Sapphire branded products are actually produced by PC Partner (according to Fudzilla).

So I guess it would be incorrect to say that Zotac and Sapphire are sister companies. It's more like Zotac's dad and Sapphire are best friends, and Sapphire often gets help from the Zotac family.

All I know is that a lot of Zotac cards tend to look noice and a lot of Sapphire cards tend to look noice. But XFX appears to have something interesting. I'd like to see XFX's backplate for the 480. I like the Sapphire backplate on the 480.
Anyways this feels like I'm going a bit OT so umm.

@Derangel Ah okay. Like @Hunter259 said that could mean that some third party might throw an extra two GDDR5 chips on the card since it looks like it's already got spots for it on the reference card.

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

-snip-

Damn. That's an Intersting mixup. Thanks for looking it up man!

It would have been a funny set-up to have two sister company's competing in a an already saturated market. Pretty confusing (and interesting) one no less! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

9 hours ago, wcreek said:

@byalexandr I think that'd be short enough for you unless you figured sometime else out?

Could work depending on how powerful it is I might get it. Not an Nvidia fan by any stretch.

That and the PCI-E connector is facing up so it adds height when plugged in, maybe not too much but enough to not make it fit.

18 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Could work depending on how powerful it is I might get it. Not an Nvidia fan by any stretch.

That and the PCI-E connector is facing up so it adds height when plugged in, maybe not too much but enough to not make it fit.

Likewise I think AMD does tend to have a better product but the 1060 could be good. The 1070 is pretty good too.

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

This is just a really funny way to describe the relations between different companies xD

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

19 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

$300-$320 later

One of my best quotes, from awesomesauce kyle.

And as AMD launch the 480, Nvidia is using their deep learning machines to find the meaning of MSRP. 

- snip-

8 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

One of my best quotes, from awesomesauce kyle.

I love Kyle.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

On 10 July 2016 at 10:32 PM, Misanthrope said:

*I said 1070!!! You motherfucker you! 

7ad4a1b56ada7b2e4880b690b2bd1145.jpg

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

22 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

Looks like 8GB models might be a thing... It has all the circuitry to do it.

192 bit bus cannot support an 8GB frame buffer. It can do 3, 6, 9, 12...etc

256 bit busses can do 8GB

Tell me how busses work please.

This is all from my (flawed) logic btw, so it's probably wrong :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats