would in it be nice if nvidia creates its ownn cpu , mother bord , power suply and case

would in it be nice if nvidia creates its ownn cpu , mother bord , power suply and case

ii'd be interesting but nothing new would happen really, it would be just anothe brand making components

No. You can already get every flavor of PSU, CPU, MOBO, and case you could ever want.

Why would 1 of 2 major graphics processor manufacturers waste time doing something they aren't good at, and something that wouldn't be appreciated?

Nvidia is moving away from the mobile market already because it's just not profitable for them to do so. They are a graphic card maker first and foremost, going into other ventures will just be a waste of money for them, especially in markets where there are a LOT more competitor than just AMD.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Please spellcheck posts before posting them. I don't mean to be a dick, but posting something written like this makes me (And I'm assuming many others) cringe...

well technically they already made a few cpus, but if you're talking about x86 cpus, not gonna happen

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

They do make cpus, and motherboards like the soc one using maxwell cores, (please don't buy it just because it says nvidia a normal amd/intel cpu and motherboard will be far superior for general computing uses.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16813190006&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Motherboard+%2F+CPU+%2F+VGA+Sets-_-N82E16813190006&gclid=CKv-mdCk080CFZaEaQodsY4MbA&gclsrc=aw.ds

but they would probabbly charge an extra $100 per component for "founders edition".

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

On 7/1/2016 at 5:30 PM, tech path said:

Nvidia used to make motherboard chipset, if you wonder. Intel didn't like the fact that nearly everyone were buying them instead of their chips, as Nvidia's solution were not only cheaper than Intel's, but also massacred Intel best offerings. Lawsuits later from Intel, Nvidia pulled out completely, and Intel no longer allows others companies to make motherboard chip sets anymore. It's Intel or nothing.

Seeing that Nvidia ARM CPU is pretty weak. Not awful, but Qualcomm's and Apple's beats them nicely. This makes Nvidia's mobile processor not competitive. That is also why OEMs don't want to go with Tegra (and probably cost more, as Nvidia is known to charge a lot of their chips. And this is one of the reasons why no console has an Nvidia GPU in them). In benchmarks (beside GPU ones) they are not very impressive. The selling point that Nvidia goes with is that its GPU in its ARM CPU is fully OpenGL support (and can support DirectX with Windows, assuming you can get your hands on Windows RT or Windows 10 Mobile (you can't)), and that you have the same GPU architecture of a normal Nvidia GPU, giving you CUDA, OpenCL support as well, and this is where Nvidia shows it's car stuff, where it is a lot processed by the GPU. The multiple core and large set of pipelines makes it great for processing many cars at the same time.

You can be sure that Intel, Qualcomm, MediaTek, Apple, and AMD (and even then, for AMD), pretty much has all the available expertise on the market in making CPUs. Not much room for Nvidia, sadly.

As for Case or Power Supply... why? You are better off buying Power Supplies from companies that are deeply knowledgeable in making one, like Seasonic (which Corsair uses for many of its Power Supply (they are rebranded.. although I think Corsair started to make their own since a few years ago (not sure about manufacturing but design, yes)), just to name 1 amongst many. Same for cases, where you have better case manufactures.

Sadly, for case manufactures, in my opinion, they are all scared of taking chances these days, and are too focused on pleasing YouTube reviewers and such, over designing a case for its actual market. I mean they do everything to check all boxes to get a great score, like they are saying: "Oh it must support 4 fan water cooling kits! So, we can't make it smaller! And it needs to fit on the back, front, top, bottom, and diagonal! It also needs fans everywhere, even on the side panel, screw airflow engineering, someone who doesn't know what they are talking about might drop the score on our case for not having a side panel vent! Oh oh oh, we got to have those water cooling wholes on the back of the case, because it might also get a drop in score if we don't have them, even though virtually no one has external water cooling since ever, and those that do have one, have the tools to make their own holes, and do it where they want"... and so on... but that is my opinion, and another topic. But anyway, even if Nvidia made one, they would probably follow the same path.

You must really like Nvidia, don't you?

Well, even if Nvidia suddenly did become good at making stuff that's not GPU's (let's say they bought a bunch of companies), how beneficial do you think that would be?

They couldn't just outright lock compatibility to their own stuff, but this is Nvidia --How long would it take them to go "Hey, we have this new feature that we're adding to our GPU's *but only if you're using our CPU's* !"

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Uh no. If they made desktop CPUs they would be exactly like AMD which btw AMD sucks at making CPUs. They are aids at it. Ill give ekm that you do get the best bang for your buck with AMD anyway if they made CPUs which they do. (tegra x tegra k1 ETC) are NVIDIA mobile division CPU/GPU almost like a AMD mobile APU who would of thought nvidia would beat AMD at their own game xD

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 With Corsair H110i GT GPU: GTX 1060 Strix OC MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon 1tb Samsung 850 Evo

yeah no. leave that to companies that have been doing that for years

1 hour ago, Jredmond said:

Uh no. If they made desktop CPUs they would be exactly like AMD which btw AMD sucks at making CPUs. They are aids at it. Ill give ekm that you do get the best bang for your buck with AMD anyway if they made CPUs which they do. (tegra x tegra k1 ETC) are NVIDIA mobile division CPU/GPU almost like a AMD mobile APU who would of thought nvidia would beat AMD at their own game xD

They are not that bad actually. I don't see AMD ever doing 10 core 80GHz CPU to build up hype, but I do see them making CPUs that are very competitive to latest gen Core i5/i7 Quad Cores from Intel (which by the way will remain quad core if rumors are to be believed, and is what most gamers buys, especially that for 99% of the forum users here, more cores are a waste)

There's Nvidia cases out there. There's a pretty cool mITX one takes their silly proprietary PSU however. They also had their own range of motherboards from memory.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Nvidia already got their own CPU and it is mediocre.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

No.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Meh, competition's a good thing imo. If NVIDIA had a competent design team that can pump out APUs useful for more than HTPCs, CS:GO and low-intensity MMOs, who would it really hurt aside from Intel and AMD?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Nvidia did have motherboards and cases back then, during the socket 775 days. But Intel later, prevented all of them from making it. For cases, Nvidia didn't really have cases, but they have something called ESA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enthusiast_System_Architecture

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

all you need for this is just to paint all your components green and black

even i can't possibly think this would be a good idea...i would buy one though

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR