Blizzard messed-up big time with Overwatch's Competitive Mode

Overwatch, one of the recently most played game in the world, launched its Competitive Game Mode this week and has been labeled as "broken" and "unfair" by thousands of players.

This video explains the situation; in a nutshell, many hours could be wasted as a result of this bug and is extremly frustrating to those who play only 1-2 hours a day, since the skill levels are not being regulated properly upon victories and defeats. 

On the Forums, the Game Director replied:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745755424?page=1#post-20

Jeff Kaplan - Game Director

"Last night, though, we uncovered a bug that is causing skill rating to not be adjusted properly in our Control Maps (Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios). This bug is a top priority right now and we're hoping to have a fix ASAP."

This response infuriated many, since it was reported in the PTR many weeks before, where any major bugs should be fixed.

Additionally, users had to wait months for Competitive mode, so this should not have happened. Also, there are some bugs with leaving penalties and disconnects.

Personally, I do not see why I should play competitive until this mayor issue is fixed, along with the other bugs.

Game was released on 24th May but users had to wait months. Beta should not be counted.  

People should not expect the Competitive Mode to work flawlessly from day 1. There will always be something that will be unbalanced. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Game was released on 24th May but users had to wait months. Beta should not be counted, it's Beta for a reason.  

People should not expect the Competitive Mode to work flawlessly from day 1. There will always be something that will be unbalanced. 

Not exactly.

Beta was beta, the game released, and then Competitive Mode was being tested in the PTR (Public Test Realm), which works on the next patch version of the already-live game. 

So people should indeed expect it to be working as intended when released. Also, balance is hard to achieve, but as seen in the video, it is not working as intended, even though they had reported it on the PTR (after beta, after release) and Blizzard released it anyways.

They undeniably messed-up.

play battleborn then tell me you still have complaints lol

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

2 minutes ago, thatguyjerry said:

play battleborn then tell me you still have complaints lol

Do people still play that?

That sucks, but Blizzard has always been one of the better developers in that sense. They usually listen to the community and stuff like this gets fixed pretty quickly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

15 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Not exactly.

Beta was beta, the game released, and then Competitive Mode was being tested in the PTR (Public Test Realm), which works on the next patch version of the already-live game. 

So people should indeed expect it to be working as intended when released. Also, balance is hard to achieve, but as seen in the video, it is not working as intended, even though they had reported it on the PTR (after beta, after release) and Blizzard released it anyways.

They undeniably messed-up.

Why I said they shouldn't expect is because that's mostly how things are today, majority of devs release stuff that is not finished. Some are still doing it right but not many. It's the sad reality. 

I wasn't talking about the feedback, although I still think they can never cover everything, but the fact that's how things are standing today. Their hots had issues as well so it's nothing new. Especially in competitive modes. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I'm still pissed about their capitulation to SJWs: no ass no cash from me.

i dunno if you saw the updated pose but you should its better and its a discrete sort of "fuck off" to SJW's since it role plays a pin up pose

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/6/11376814/overwatch-tracer-pose-butt-replacement

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

News just in... 

Game has a bug, people have unreasonable expectations, devs fixed said bug within hours. 

More here at 11. /s

C'mon, Overwatches launch has been pretty flawless compared to some train wrecks that have released in the last few years. Its one bug, and it's fixed already! 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, AlexGoesHigh said:
3 hours ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

i dunno if you saw the updated pose but you should its better and its a discrete sort of "fuck off" to SJW's since it role plays a pin up pose

A compromise is hardly a "fuck off" They changed it like scared idiots because of ONE forum post from a feminist cunt with an agenda.

-------

Current Rig

-------

51 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

A compromise is hardly a "fuck off" They changed it like scared idiots because of ONE forum post from a feminist cunt with an agenda.

Hardly a compromise when they made it more when they made it more sexualized by using a pinup pose.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

18 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Hardly a compromise when they made it more when they made it more sexualized by using a pinup pose.

Arguably, I disagree.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Freaking out a bit aren't we kiddies... It was only KOTH and it was equally broken for both wins and losses. 

It's a short season anyway... Jesus why does everyone flip out over the tiniest things. 

2 hours ago, Entropy said:

Freaking out a bit aren't we kiddies... It was only KOTH and it was equally broken for both wins and losses. 

It's a short season anyway... Jesus why does everyone flip out over the tiniest things. 

What's your score on ranked?

People fucking cry to much these days. I've heard people post that they want easy and thus "fun" game not a game (me adding: where they actually need to try to win), you know just cause it's multiplayer, where in such games it's mean to compete. And yeah also game just go released not too long ago, so why rage so much. Get better you little shits and don't complain how multiplayer games where you PvP are hard. Else quit internet.
Second, game haves problems of it's own, low tickrate, large hitboxes and some mouse smoothing issues, where there are not even mouse options. 
Either way, game is just meh to me. It's overhyped no doubt.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

People fucking cry to much these days. I've heard people post that they want easy and thus "fun" game not a game (me adding: where they actually need to try to win), you know just cause it's multiplayer, where in such games it's mean to compete. And yeah also game just go released not too long ago, so why rage so much. Get better you little shits and don't complain how multiplayer games where you PvP are hard. Else quit internet.
Second, game haves problems of it's own, low tickrate, large hitboxes and some mouse smoothing issues, where there are not even mouse options. 
Either way, game is just meh to me. It's overhyped no doubt.

"Get better you little shits"

Guess someone got touched in a bad place recently...

15 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Game was released on 24th May but users had to wait months. Beta should not be counted.  

Blizzard is known for not listening to feedback for beta tests, which is the problem. It's a reoccurring thing across their games.

the bug is fixed.

the topic of this thread is dead.

move on people.

2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Get better you little shits and don't complain how multiplayer games where you PvP are hard.

You should put in large, bold letters as a disclaimer above your post, "I don't understand how this game and player feedback works so my opinion is completely irrelevant."

Being good at Overwatch isn't enough to win. This is an extremely team oriented shooter, there is no single playable hero that can alter the results of the match if the team is plainly not cooperating, and competitive's purpose is to match players together based on their ability and cooperativeness with others. The problem here is that's not happening, a feature that a lot of people payed money for.

Well, there is one hero that can alter the outcome of a battle in many cases, especially in competitive, however she's less frequently picked after her latest nerf. The hero's solo kill potential is still massive, however.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

sigh, if everyone plans on making this a discussion about the game this should be moved to the PC gaming section. The tech news and reviews are not for these types of debates.

29 minutes ago, thatguyjerry said:

sigh, if everyone plans on making this a discussion about the game this should be moved to the PC gaming section. The tech news and reviews are not for these types of debates.

The news was told and more than 500 people read it and were informed.

2 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

The news was told and more than 500 people read it and were informed.

your comment is nearly a bump. this news was resolved within hours, and to provide scale that number should be doubled if not tripled. relax, its not an insult, its just not vital news nor is it appropriate for this section of the forum. from the start this really shouldve been in one of the gaming sections.

7 minutes ago, thatguyjerry said:

your comment is nearly a bump. this news was resolved within hours, and to provide scale that number should be doubled if not tripled. relax, its not an insult, its just not vital news nor is it appropriate for this section of the forum. from the start this really shouldve been in one of the gaming sections.

Actually, comment was to conclude the thread, not bump it - it was relevant news about one of the top video games in the world.