"Brexit"

awesomeness10120

Brexit  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK leave the EU?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I like the idea of the EU. I like the idea that I could go from France to Germany, with out needing a passport and I could use the same currency. That to me is really cool and a nice thing that exists. I wouldn't lose any of my money to converting it and it just seems like a great system. I mean member nations should have the ability to reject laws that the EU implements and vise versa (well the EU should only be able to reject laws in member nations if it is collectively seen as a humans rights violation (say a member nation wants to make being gay illegal and have it be a crime punishable by death. That is a human rights violation and the EU should be able to prevent that law from going into action.)

Just saying but you can use the Euro and have free movement of people within Europe without being in the EU. Also we don't currently use the Euro, nor are we members of Schengen.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

1 minute ago, Nexus said:

Just saying but you can use the Euro and have free movement of people within Europe without being in the EU. Also we don't currently use the Euro, nor are we members of Schengen.

I know that the UK isn't part of the Schengen or uses the Euro. But surviornvl wants to see Europe crumble (or at least the European Union, which that crumbling would probably include the European countries.) I suppose there's a non EU solution to keeping the Schengen and unified currency.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I also thought about something by the UK leaving the EU wouldn't that mean that the cheap flights to and from the UK to Europe would probably end? Wouldn't that force an airline like EasyJet to raise their prices? @SurvivorNVL

Depends on what regulations on airlines in the U.K. vanish with the lack of the E.U. being involved in many parts of it.  The end result could be cheaper flights, down the road.  As of right now, though - we're heading toward a global reset and crash.  So, everything worldwide is bound to go up in price.  So, for people not invested in commodities - this is going to be a very interesting next decade.

7 minutes ago, Nexus said:

I know that the UK isn't part of the Schengen or uses the Euro. But surviornvl wants to see Europe crumble (or at least the European Union, which that crumbling would probably include the European countries.) I suppose there's a non EU solution to keeping the Schengen and unified currency.

Schengen is unrelated to the EU, hence why the Swiss are included despite not being in the EU

edit: Why did it quote you? This was meant for @wcreek

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

As an Australian I'd like to thank you guys. This whole charade is making Australia look far more sensible even though we elected Tony Abbott a few years ago and gave Palmer a seat in the HoR. Now you guys are self imploding and we're going through an election campaign where the choice is between two moderates. So cheers. Same deal with the US and your whole Trump vs Clinton thing. Thanks to both of you we are no longer a joke.

.... now, about us becoming a Republic

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Schengen is unrelated to the EU, hence why the Swiss are included despite not being in the EU

That was my point. wcreek said he liked the idea of having one currency and travelling between countries with no passport. I was pointing out you do not need to be in the EU to enjoy these things. 

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

1 minute ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Depends on what regulations on airlines in the U.K. vanish with the lack of the E.U. being involved in many parts of it.  The end result could be cheaper flights, down the road.  As of right now, though - we're heading toward a global reset and crash.  So, everything worldwide is bound to go up in price.  So, for people not invested in commodities - this is going to be a very interesting next decade.

I still think we should wait and let worldwide economies grow stronger before you try to stab a dagger through it nearly after a decade it started its recession/downturn and recent recovery. Who's to say that it would recover at all or make a quick recovery? 

So much isn't certain, and risking economic stability on a global scale doesn't seem like a sane thing to do right after coming out of a recession. 

@AresKrieger and @Nexus But Switzerland doesn't use the Euro, besides that yeah they are part of the Schengen. But Switzerland is a bit of a special snowflake in many ways. Especially during WWII.

2 minutes ago, Nexus said:

That was my point. wcreek said he liked the idea of having one currency and travelling between countries with no passport. I was pointing out you do not need to be in the EU to enjoy these things. 

Yeah I know that's why I edited the post, for some reason it quoted you against my intentions and I can't fix it besides addressing it as a mistake :dry:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I still think we should wait and let worldwide economies grow stronger before you try to stab a dagger through it nearly after a decade it started its recession/downturn and recent recovery. Who's to say that it would recover at all or make a quick recovery? 

So much isn't certain, and risking economic stability on a global scale doesn't seem like a sane thing to do right after coming out of a recession. 

@AresKrieger and @Nexus But Switzerland doesn't use the Euro, besides that yeah they are part of the Schengen. But Switzerland is a bit of a special snowflake in many ways. Especially during WWII.

There isn't a recovery.  This isn't.  What is happening is a rise before the big fall.  The question is how long it will last before the fall.  It's time to start the fall, and let it all rebound as it always does.  As long as the governments don't poke the economy, and let interest rates reside in the positives - the economy will always recover.

Oh and all the media organizations are calling it Leave wins, it's not official until all the ballots are cast but it's like 99% chance now so 

DavidCameronSad.jpg

He deserves this for calling the results before they were counted

They did it. They left :):D 

Use the following spec style and help us spread the revolution to the rest of LTT!

"Rylo Ken"

Screenaninator: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Procrastinator:Intel I7 4790K @4.0GHZ

Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX Fury (2x8)

Powermathingy: EVGA 650 GS Fully Modular

attachamajiggy: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Remembrerthing: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Buttonboard: Corsair K70 RGB (browns)

Hearamagargle+talkamagargle: Logitech G35

See-A-Move-O: Logitech G502

6 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

There isn't a recovery.  This isn't.  What is happening is a rise before the big fall.  The question is how long it will last before the fall.  It's time to start the fall, and let it all rebound as it always does.  As long as the governments don't poke the economy, and let interest rates reside in the positives - the economy will always recover.

From what I can tell it would seem that the global economy has been making a steady and trend upward the past few years, reflecting that it has recovered from the recession in the late 2000s. I mean like the US dollar as of late has been really strong. 

I don't know, it just doesn't seem wise to risk it now rather than riding it out for however long it lasts. Again I think fixing the broken system is a better solution than just getting rid of it all. I think the same should be done for the Affordable Care Act. Fixing it, rather than removing it is a far better solution.

But fixing the EU does have to be a collaborative done by the majority of European countries. Giving up and getting rid of something is admitting defeat and could cause more problems down the road than it solves. I agree the way the EU is now, member nations don't have much say in whether they want certain laws and regulations. They can vote against it, but if voting against it isn't the majority of the votes they have to follow it. Which I get makes countries such as the UK frustrated. Because yeah that's not democratic. 

As it would seem the UKIP gets its way. Which I suppose it's not really like the UK contributed much to the EU anyways.

They are putting the decision up to the people and they made a choice, so I say good for them. Disagree with it all you want but they want change and they don't see it in staying with the EU. They deserve the chance to see where it takes them.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

From what I can tell it would seem that the global economy has been making a steady and trend upward the past few years, reflecting that it has recovered from the recession in the late 2000s. I mean like the US dollar as of late has been really strong. 

I don't know, it just doesn't seem wise to risk it now rather than riding it out for however long it lasts. Again I think fixing the broken system is a better solution than just getting rid of it all. I think the same should be done for the Affordable Care Act. Fixing it, rather than removing it is a far better solution.

But fixing the EU does have to be a collaborative done by the majority of European countries. Giving up and getting rid of something is admitting defeat and could cause more problems down the road than it solves. I agree the way the EU is now, member nations don't have much say in whether they want certain laws and regulations. They can vote against it, but if voting against it isn't the majority of the votes they have to follow it. Which I get makes countries such as the UK frustrated. Because yeah that's not democratic. 

As it would seem the UKIP gets its way. Which I suppose it's not really like the UK contributed much to the EU anyways.

The E.U. won't change, they won't reform, they are the way they are for a reason.  As John Cleese said for the only way to fix the E.U., "Give up the Euro, introduce accountability, and hang Jean-Claude Juncker."  

The U.K. is only the fifth largest economy in the world.  Not like they contributed much.

1 minute ago, SurvivorNVL said:

The E.U. won't change, they won't reform, they are the way they are for a reason.  As eJohn Clees said for the only way to fix the E.U., "Give up the Euro, introduce accountability, and hang Jean-Claude Juncker."  

The U.K. is only the fifth largest economy in the world.  Not like they contributed much.

That last bit I commented on was a little bit of sarcasm mixed with some seriousness. 

Come on man, what's wrong with having some hope that Europeans would come together and make sure that the people representing their countries in the EU parliament have the best interests of the people rather than the representatives themselves?

I want to see the EU thrive and be the collaborative effort it seemed that it was meant to be to keep the whole of the European continent together and prevent itself from tearing itself apart. 

That last bit I commented on was a little bit of sarcasm mixed with some seriousness. 

Come on man, what's wrong with having some hope that Europeans would come together and make sure that the people representing their countries in the EU parliament have the best interests of the people rather than the representatives themselves?

I want to see the EU thrive and be the collaborative effort it seemed that it was meant to be to keep the whole of the European continent together and prevent itself from tearing itself apart. 

Corrupt organizations aren't ones that can change.  Globalism in itself, the idea of the E.U. is one of a genuinely awful ideology, using the good-will of gullible people against them.  

Europeans can work together rather well, as individual nations; deciding their own objectives, their own immigration, taxation, collective rights, attainable goals, political sphere, so on and such forth.

Europe will thrive, the E.U. will not, but the continent will excel.  They always have--except for Switzerland, they sort of just, don't exist on the planet and live in the "Twilight Zone."  Or neutral zone.  Nothing happens, but damn is it pretty there.

@SurvivorNVL I think I'll leave it at this. 

i guess someone watched Bravehearth cause they just voted OUT

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

GBP is dropping quick

and we can expect it to drop even more, some of the main currency converter websties are down too, cant even view the graphs

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?From=GBP&To=EUR

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

GBP is dropping in value, double checked with USD and EUR (to make sure its actually not EUR increasing)

bandicam 2016-06-23 22-20-22-658.png

bandicam 2016-06-23 22-20-32-546.png

euro seems to be remaining stable though

bandicam 2016-06-23 22-21-06-520.png

people with GBP savings may want to move it out asap to another currency

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This is history, and David Cameron is history. 

Bye bye scotland (in the next 5 years) 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

6 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Yeah like the US funding ISIS to get better control over some resources of the middle east?

You'll always find dumb people who will only care about money and will try to leverage anything for money...

Since when Greece is trying to leverage money with a threat of giving citizenship to terrorists? Each and every terrorist attacks these pasts few years were done by our citizens, both in Europe and more recently in the US, that argument makes no sense at all, and it's just a call for hatred of the foreigners to even say that...

My only question to you is: what are you even basing your affirmation Europe is in such a bad shape?

It's not even about money as much as it is power.  It's an addiction.  MRI brain scans and other studies have shown that political power is as addicting as heroine.  The more you consolidate power, the less representative of the people it is, and the worse off the people will be.

Whether Islamic terrorists are EU citizens or not doesn't matter.  It's an incredibly dangerous ideology that is not compatible with western values.  And besides, even if Islam were not a problem, you can't give welfare to millions of migrants and expect tax payers to just accept reduced services, increased national debt, and displacement of your own culture and values.  

Greece threatens to unleash migrants including terrorists 

Europe is in horrible shape.  Debt to GDP is well above 100% in most countries, very high unemployment, crazy high taxes, failing government services, crime is increasing.  Never mind all of that - you have "No go" zones all over Europe where Muslims have setup isolated welfare-funded communities where Shariah law is enforced. Shariah law, in England, France, Belgium, etc.  Do you know what shariah law is?  You should look it up and you will understand the problem very clearly.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build