Microsoft plans to buys LinkedIn for $26.2 Billion

GoodBytes

Microsoft is planning to buy LinkedIn for an affordable small sum of $26.2 Billion dollars US...

The Verge says and quotes:

Microsoft’s deal to acquire the work-focused social networking giant is an all-cash transaction, and it will value LinkedIn’s shares at $196 each. Microsoft says LinkedIn will retain its own brand and independence, and existing CEO Jeff Weiner will remain and report directly to Satya Nadella.

"The LinkedIn team has grown a fantastic business centered on connecting the world’s professionals," Nadella said. "Together we can accelerate the growth of LinkedIn, as well as Microsoft Office 365 and Dynamics as we seek to empower every person and organization on the planet." Microsoft is planning to close its acquisition later this year, and the deal has been unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies.

This is Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella's first big purchase since he started. And it is calculated that they are 433 million users of the service, where many of them pay the premium membership.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11920072/microsoft-linkedin-acquisition-2016

So, what did you buy today when you woke up?

Hey Microsoft you know you could probably buy AMD for probably less then half of that, if you want money you could probably make a good profit, it might be too late to get them for cheap though

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

Hey Microsoft you know you could probably buy AMD for probably less then half of that, if you want money you could probably make a good profit, it might be too late to get them for cheap though

makes no sense for them to buy AMD

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, themaniac said:

No thank you. Microsoft is the EA of tech. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

makes no sense for them to buy AMD

i could see it making sense, because they could use their/AMD's cpus and gpus instead for less then they would for intel cpus

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

better Microsoft then Apple or Google, and have you even seen the Surface and WP, if anything their the EA of desktop software

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i could see it making sense, because they could use their/AMD's cpus and gpus instead for less then they would for intel cpus

Not worth it, the investment costs, running costs of AMD are very high

Microsoft only make the surface, every other windows PC is made by a 3rd party, they dont need processors 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

sure it would cost a lot at the start(unless zen delivers what it promises) but in the long run they could make a decent profit and compete with intel because we all know Microsoft has the money

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, themaniac said:

2 minutes ago, themaniac said:

better Microsoft then Apple or Google, and have you even seen the Surface and WP, if anything their the EA of desktop software

It makes no sense because Microsoft is a software company. They have 0 experience in running a processor design company, the potential ROI of buying AMD isn't worth it, and it would not provide them with any market advantage since the only hardware they "produce" is the Surface. I am sure that if it was a smart investment for them to buy AMD they would have done it years ago.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

sure it would cost a lot at the start(unless zen delivers what it promises) but in the long run they could make a decent profit and compete with intel because we all know Microsoft has the money

Not really microsofts thing

they should focus on software where they are needed

6 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Microsoft only make the surface, every other windows PC is made by a 3rd party, they dont need processors 

Don't forget about the XBox , but yes.

And AMD products are, sadly, so far, not interesting for the Surface branding.

8 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Better Apple than Microsoft or Google or Facebook or basically anybody else.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh yes Xbox too, but We all know Microsoft poor focus on gaming haha

I guess they could buy AMD and make Xbox consoles but that would piss off the PC users no end

3 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

It makes no sense because Microsoft is a software company. They have 0 experience in running a processor design company, the potential ROI of buying AMD isn't worth it, and it would not provide them with any market advantage since the only hardware they "produce" is the Surface. I am sure that if it was a smart investment for them to buy AMD they would have done it years ago.

they would still have all the AMD guys so its not like they will be empty handed

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Not really microsofts thing

they should focus on software where they are needed

you gotta keep evolving, expanding, if you dont want to left behind, thats just how it is

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Better Apple than Microsoft or Google or Facebook or basically anybody else.

maybe its my dislike towards Apple but i'm certain Microsoft would be the better imo

Spoiler

This isn't an "exciting" purchase for me. Also, the price seems way too high but I'm no market expert anyway.

I wonder what the value of LinkedIn is to Microsoft besides user data.

Not read all the posts, but some said Microsoft would not buy AMD, because they are a software company.

Google is also a software company, but is also into researching/developing hardware. Think of google's plan to make cars... Why should Microsoft don't do something like that, and expand byond software?!?

@ Linkedin... Bad stuff happens when Microsoft buys software. And to explain: MSN used to be very popular. They made a huge error, by buying Skype, and forcing people to go and use Skype. Skype is dead to me, because most people stopped using MSN/Skype. I fear the same about this whole takeover.

With windows 10, Microsoft can (and does) collect HUGE amounts of (personal) information. Combine this info with linkedin, and I just get even more scared.

*Yes, I am paranoid.

And now in 3-5 years LinkedIn will be killed off. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

And now in 3-5 years LinkedIn will be killed off. 

I was thinking the same

Somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i thought AMD's x86 license goes poof if they get bought out, just another reason for Microsoft to not buy them.

34 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

You need some grammar my friend.....

3 minutes ago, LeStringMan said:

Somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i thought AMD's x86 license goes poof if they get bought out, just another reason for Microsoft to not buy them.

No. It means that it remains with the company that buys AMD.

20 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

LinkedWhat

The ultimate way to show off your business portfolio of course........

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

You need some grammar my friend.............

It made sense, I was just speaking in short hand

29 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Unless AMD makes processors half the price of intel with the same or better performance and efficiency.......

32 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Microsoft regrets getting into Hardware. They're in hardware cos of what Steve Balmer did.

If it wasn't for him, they wouldn't sell any hardware.

40 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Excuse me?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

54 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So, what did you buy today when you woke up?

I spent $200 HKD on topping up my Octopus card

Also, hopefully this means the Windows 10 Linked In app will get better.

I'm terrified now, Microsoft now controls what is to many professionals the entire embodiment of their careers and a crucial networking tool. My internship this summer is going to require me to make a LinkedIn and I swear... Microsoft better not touch it. I have a feeling they're going to do something stupid like integrate it into Microsoft Outlook.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.