GeForce GTX 1070 is now available to buy for £399.99 (UK)

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

Wont be better in performance but we all kinda expect it to be 5-10% behind and absolute no brainer for the price. Hope it is that way :)

Yeah something like that , would be totally worth it if the difference is 5-10% in performance. What I'm worried about now is the prices in the EU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

1 hour ago, Kaleshi said:

I'll wait for an RX 490, thanks.

I would as well but it wont be able to keep up with a 1070. That being said I would only buy the 1070 with a aftermarket cooler on it

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, Thony said:

I dont know about US prices for GTX 1080 but FE should cost MORE than aftermarket. Here in UK aftermakret costs a lot more...

Huh, interesting. Well it sounds like EVGA will be using the reference PCB so the cheaper/lower end ACX 3.0 cards will cost less than their own in house boards for like the FTW, Classified and K|NGP|N cards.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, Kratzos said:

Yeah something like that , would be totally worth it if the difference is 5-10% in performance. What I'm worried about now is the prices in the EU.

If performance is there for UK it should be £250 (8GB) and up to 300e in rest of EU. Which is still 30% better than freaking 1070.

I can personally afford 1070 but its just so much money man :/

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I would as well but it wont be able to keep up with a 1070. That being said I would only buy the 1070 with a aftermarket cooler on it

Erm, no. The RX 490 should easily trade blows with the GTX 1070, and be cheaper. But until we get benchmarks, the verdict is still in the air tbh.

1 minute ago, Thony said:

If performance is there for UK it should be £250 (8GB) and up to 300e in rest of EU. Which is still 30% better than freaking 1070.

I can personally afford 1070 but its just so much money man :/

Please AMD , don't ruin this for us >.>

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

23 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Where did you find a 980 Ti for 310 pounds? On PCPartPicker it seems like all of them costs ~500 pounds or more. I can't find any 980 Ti for less than 500 pounds on Amazon either.

At 400 pounds the 1070 is actually a good deal in the UK. It's about 100 pounds cheaper and it seems like it has ~10% extra performance on average (plus additional features).

Ebay. The land of cheap prices and good bargains. As of this moment I can't find the card which was selling for 310. They had couple of them(5). Probably sold out. Still can get one for 350. As noted before 1070 has on average 7% better performance in games over 980ti, but has worse overclocking capabilities. So if both overclocked 980ti will come out on top. The only difference is temperatures and power use. Not sure of what ''additional features'' you're talking about, but isn't pascal is mostly same architecture maxwell and just a node jump to 16nm?

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

The GTX 970 was $350, okay. Well the GTX 1070 is $380. So no. It's not that much more expensive.

Except 380$ is MSRP and does not reflect the street price. The FE is 450$. As for the EVGA version, I doubt it will be cheaper and either way you're basing yourself on rumours. The prices we DO know about are ridiculous.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Except 380$ is MSRP and does not reflect the street price. The FE is 450$. As for the EVGA version, I doubt it will be cheaper and either way you're basing yourself on rumours. The prices we DO know about are ridiculous.

How US$380 ridiculous? True, we don't know the pricing of third party coolers (Like the ACX 3.0) but I'd expect $400 to be a reasonable starting price for the ACX 3.0 GTX 1070.

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

How US$380 ridiculous? True, we don't know the pricing of third party coolers (Like the ACX 3.0) but I'd expect $400 to be a reasonable starting price for the ACX 3.0 GTX 1070.

Looks to me like you didn't read my post.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Looks to me like you didn't read my post.

Yeah I did, the FE price is $450. Which yeah I agree is a little expensive (it's about a $70 difference) but it's still a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the GTX 1080 FE and base price.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Yeah I did, the FE price is $450. Which yeah I agree is a little expensive (it's about a $70 difference) but it's still a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the GTX 1080 FE and base price.

Did I say the 1080 is reasonably priced?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

57 minutes ago, multifrag said:

Ebay. The land of cheap prices and good bargains. As of this moment I can't find the card which was selling for 310. They had couple of them(5). Probably sold out. Still can get one for 350. As noted before 1070 has on average 7% better performance in games over 980ti, but has worse overclocking capabilities. So if both overclocked 980ti will come out on top. The only difference is temperatures and power use. Not sure of what ''additional features'' you're talking about, but isn't pascal is mostly same architecture maxwell and just a node jump to 16nm?

So you were comparing a second hand card to a brand new one...?

Of course second hand will give you better price:performance ratio, especially if you also overclock the second hand card. Has any manufacturer ever priced a brand new product to be competitive with the second hand market? You have to compare brand new vs brand new, and when you do that the price of the 1070 not only makes sense, it is actually a much better buy than a 980 Ti.

If you apple the same standards and logic to the RX 480 not even that will be very impressive.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Where did you find a 980 Ti for 310 pounds? On PCPartPicker it seems like all of them costs ~500 pounds or more. I can't find any 980 Ti for less than 500 pounds on Amazon either.

At 400 pounds the 1070 is actually a good deal in the UK. It's about 100 pounds cheaper and it seems like it has ~10% extra performance on average (plus additional features).

You can't compare US and UK prices like that. It's always much more expensive in Europe.

He said

GTX 970 MSRP -> $350 - £250

GTX 1070 MSRP -> $380 - £399

You pay £149 extra for $30.

Yes. Market works differently than we consumers would like but they are still asking way much above what they should. Even when you include VAT and import duties it shouldn't be that much.

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

He said

GTX 970 MSRP -> $350 - £250

GTX 1070 MSRP -> $380 - £399

You pay £149 extra for $30.

Yes. Market works differently than we consumers would like but they are still asking way much above what they should. Even when you include VAT and import duties it shouldn't be that much.

Oh sorry, didn't know the 970 was 250 pounds at launch in the UK. The one I was responding to only mentioned the launch price in the US (350 USD).

If he had said it the way you did I would not have had any problem with his post. Saying "400 pounds is much more than 350 USD" though is kind of irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Oh sorry, didn't know the 970 was 250 pounds at launch in the UK. The one I was responding to only mentioned the launch price in the US (350 USD).

If he had said it the way you did I would not have had any problem with his post. Saying "400 pounds is much more than 350 USD" though is kind of irrelevant.

Yes. Comparing $ with £ based just on currency value is meaningless because of other fees that go along with the product.

He said that in the comment below what you quoted.

Basically however it is pretty easy to calculate the price it should cost which worked for me for GTX 1080 in €.

Just transfer MSRP from $ to €, add 20% VAT then 5% NVIDIA premium for EU market and you get to the price the card actually sells for around here.

The problem with 1070 is that it sells for another 10-15% more than it should 

Yeah RiP nVIDIA this time around for me, AMD RX 480 is tickling my dingaling.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

2 hours ago, wcreek said:

Lol, I'm talking about US dollars. In the UK and Europe. Well I suppose that's a different story because of import duties and local/regional taxes. So in the US if the GTX 970 launched for US$350 and the GTX 1070 is launching for US$380 that's a US$30 difference. 

Just that is has nothing to do with taxes nor import fees it's purely based on Nvidia.
There was never such an massive up charge for cards and it's far beyond any taxes or import fees.
The GTX1080 is almost $900 in Germany that is insane for such a small chip it costs more than the 980Ti.
Even if you include 19% VAT it would still be max around 650€ for the 1080 not 750-800€ like it is right now.
Nvidia is literally doing an extra $200 up charge on every card outside of the US.

RTX2070OC 

1 hour ago, JasonRoGo said:

Just that is has nothing to do with taxes nor import fees it's purely based on Nvidia.
There was never such an massive up charge for cards and it's far beyond any taxes or import fees.
The GTX1080 is almost $900 in Germany that is insane for such a small chip it costs more than the 980Ti.
Even if you include 19% VAT it would still be max around 650€ for the 1080 not 750-800€ like it is right now.
Nvidia is literally doing a $100-200 up charge on every card outside of the US.

Huh interesting. I would've thought it would've been import fees.

You could get two RX 480s for that price.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

This is why I just purchased a 980ti on ebay for £350. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

Huh interesting. I would've thought it would've been import fees.

Well The 970 on launch was between £250-300 it's now £399-450 for the 1070,

980 was £400-450, 1080 is around £550-650 some even up for £700, 

I don't know why but it's absolutely insane. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

7 hours ago, Kaleshi said:

Erm, no. The RX 490 should easily trade blows with the GTX 1070, and be cheaper. But until we get benchmarks, the verdict is still in the air tbh.

Miss read 490 for 480 didnt know they announced the 490 yet. Though latelt games havent been optimized for amd so Im probably still going to go with nvida this year.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.