GeForce GTX 1070 is now available to buy for £399.99 (UK)

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Miss read 490 for 480 didnt know they announced the 490 yet. Though latelt games havent been optimized for amd so Im probably still going to go with nvida this year.

They haven't, but i'm 99.99% sure they will release one. The RX 480 is a cut down Polaris 10 chip, the RX 490 will be a full one.

15 hours ago, yorkiesandskittles said:

You could get two RX 480s for that price.

You can also have that 2nd card be a $200 paper weight if the game doesn't recognize Xfire setup not to mention bad scaling. 

11 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Miss read 490 for 480 didnt know they announced the 490 yet. Though latelt games havent been optimized for amd so Im probably still going to go with nvida this year.

Most of the devs going with DX12 are going with AMD, and you can expect all of EA's games to perform better on AMD.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 hour ago, Citadelen said:

Most of the devs going with DX12 are going with AMD, and you can expect all of EA's games to perform better on AMD.

Only know of one game that's DX12 only. By the time devs only make games run in dx12 nvidia would have released new gpus with async. Though right now EA games run the same on both but Bethesda games run better on nvidia cards. Not going to make assumptions I'll wait and see how things change with time but right now nvidia has the better game optimizations.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

22 hours ago, multifrag said:

The problem is that you can get an aftermaket 980ti for £100 less(£310) which should have same performance after overclock, as pascal can go up to 15% OC while Maxwell can go up to 25%OC. They have around 7% difference in performance at stock. So unless you worry about power usage this is not a brilliant price to performance card.

Source for number

I would love to know where you are shopping for a 980ti priced at £310

2 hours ago, KE2012 said:

I would love to know where you are shopping for a 980ti priced at £310

He probably means used. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

On 10/06/2016 at 6:03 PM, multifrag said:

The problem is that you can get an aftermaket 980ti for £100 less(£310) which should have same performance after overclock, as pascal can go up to 15% OC while Maxwell can go up to 25%OC. They have around 7% difference in performance at stock. So unless you worry about power usage this is not a brilliant price to performance card.

Source for number

Where can i get the 980ti for £310 in the UK? I'm interested as i would perfer to get that compared to the 1070. I can't find that price anywhere?

27 minutes ago, dan13sar said:

Where can i get the 980ti for £310 in the UK? I'm interested as i would perfer to get that compared to the 1070. I can't find that price anywhere?

There are a bunch on Gumtree, ebay are going for £350

On 10 June 2016 at 5:45 PM, Kaleshi said:

I'll wait for an RX 490, thanks.

For how long? What will the that card even be? Is it its own GPU, or is it fully enabled 480? Is it Polaris or Vega? If the latter, will we even see it this year?

It's lunacy for AMD's competition to real tangible products to be nebulous rumours, and everyone of us (apart from nvidia and their employees) are losing out as a result.

3 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

For how long? What will the that card even be? Is it its own GPU, or is it fully enabled 480? Is it Polaris or Vega? If the latter, will we even see it this year?

It's lunacy for AMD's competition to real tangible products to be nebulous rumours, and everyone of us (apart from nvidia and their employees) are losing out as a result.

Fully enabled Polaris 10 gpu. 

12 minutes ago, Kaleshi said:

Fully enabled Polaris 10 gpu. 

That's the same as the 480, right? So unless the 480 is a massively cut down gpu (and let's hear in mind he 1070 was massively cut down, and even that only corresponds to a 10fps difference usually) it's not going to compete purely in terms of performance with the 1070. So for anything better than that you're going to be potentially waiting a very long time -- at which point Nvidia may be releasing the 1080 ti...

... Unless they don't. Unless the 1080 is so expensive because AMD won't have a fury class product this time around, so nvidia have no reason to waste a tonne of money on another low yield behemoth.

edit: do you have a source for that btw? Because I've seen a lot of speculation and nothing at all reliable or official looking.