your worst investments

tehodox
5 minutes ago, Preston Garvey said:

My H100i V2 watercooler. That thing is L O U D.

You sure you've got it installed correctly and everything? Make sure it's not running on 100%

3 minutes ago, Mug said:

You sure you've got it installed correctly and everything? Make sure it's not running on 100%

It is installed correctly and I'm running the balanced mode in Corsair Link.

I did buy two Noctua NF-P12 fans to use instead of the stock fans but I could only use one of the Noctua fans. I have my radiator in the top of my Define R4 case and I can only have one Noctua fan on the right side of the radiator because they're a little bulkier than the stock fans, so the Noctua one doesn't fit because of the CPU power connector on the motherboard (Asus Z170 Pro Gaming). With the stock fan, it still presses down slightly on the connector but not in a way that it'll damage it. 

4 minutes ago, Preston Garvey said:

It is installed correctly and I'm running the balanced mode in Corsair Link.

I did buy two Noctua NF-P12 fans to use instead of the stock fans but I could only use one of the Noctua fans. I have my radiator in the top of my Define R4 case and I can only have one Noctua fan on the right side of the radiator because they're a little bulkier than the stock fans, so the Noctua one doesn't fit because of the CPU power connector on the motherboard (Asus Z170 Pro Gaming). With the stock fan, it still presses down slightly on the connector but not in a way that it'll damage it. 

So the fans are noisy or the pump is noisy?

2 minutes ago, Mug said:

So the fans are noisy or the pump is noisy?

Well the stock fans are noisy so I have one silent fan and one noisy fan. The pump is noisy too.

4 minutes ago, Preston Garvey said:

Well the stock fans are noisy so I have one silent fan and one noisy fan. The pump is noisy too.

I'd turn the pump down to minimum (it really doesn't have to be fast at all) and balance the fans so that you maintain adequate temperatures. You may find that idling, you can turn the fans off. On my AIO cooler, I have the pump set so that it's baerly spinning and the fansat about 20%. In a game, I'll leave the pump on the same setting and put the fans up to about 40-60%

6 minutes ago, Mug said:

I'd turn the pump down to minimum (it really doesn't have to be fast at all) and balance the fans so that you maintain adequate temperatures. You may find that idling, you can turn the fans off. On my AIO cooler, I have the pump set so that it's baerly spinning and the fansat about 20%. In a game, I'll leave the pump on the same setting and put the fans up to about 40-60%

The pump is in "quiet mode" according to Corsair Link which I assume is the lowest it goes without fiddling with it deeper. 

Surface RT, got it to replace a netbook I had to use so I didn't have to always lug my full laptop around.  Got it on black friday for cheap and now it mostly just sits around not being used (once in the past month and just so I could use it as a second screen for writing an essay) IE just crashes constantly and the USB port doesn't always work. I like the pro models of surface, but not in the budget

9 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

It's undergoing complete top-to-frame restoration and will receive a shinier white paintjob when it gets back!

Sweet :D Please PM me photo's if you can!

GTX 9800.

It was expensive, slow, hot and died in just over a year.

Felt like a real chump when I bought a much faster HD4870 for far less.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

probably anything i ever got for my parents.

unthankful swines.

My worst investment was a company named Spherix Inc, stock symbol SPEX. Lost $12k in one sitting, it was horrible and gut wrenching.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My Ouya. Unfortunately it now sits in a draw. I was an early backer and everything. Still has a place in my heart :(

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

Apple I Pod Mini.

Bought it many years ago while at uni cos everyone else had one and it looked shiny and cool. Played with it for 2 weeks, then it just sat in my drawer forever.

Couldnt sell it because I personalized it with my name etched into the back doh.

Never bought an apple product again, and I hated myself for succumbing to peer pressure.

Linus is my fetish.

gtx 760 (late 2014) -> r9 380 (late 2015)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

My xbox. Got it to play exclusives and shit... then M$ turns around and says, oh btw all exclusives will now be on PC also. 

ಠ_ಠ

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2016 at 9:13 AM, ddrkreature said:

My xbox. Got it to play exclusives and shit... then M$ turns around and says, oh btw all exclusives will now be on PC also. 

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah man. I bought it specifically for Halo and sunset overdrive.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

-motherboard + cpu combo ( among other things ) . The motherboard was broken and i couldn't return it ( ebay )  . The 80$ I payed for a new motherboard would have allowed me to get a 4790k + a cheap z97 board considering the premium z77 boards go for ( and i've had MANY problems with my current board )

-case : it isn't compatible with my aio . Now i have fans outside .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I wasted a good 100$ on a supposedly "factory re-certified" Corsair RM 750. Apparently Corsair's Power supply's don't need any 3.5V outputs at all to pass re-certification. (╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻

Earlier version do the Razer orbbweaver. Too big to hold comfortably and still press the space bar, less functional or ergonomic than just a normal keyboard.

- snip-

I brought a second hand graphics card for my PC for NZ$90, took it home without having it tested and found it didn't work. The guy insisted he'd refund me after checking it out and seeing if he could fix it. 12 months later, he still never answers his phone or shows up at his door. Lost the $90, and the card which sucks since I'm still at school :(

Probably the Wii U. Though I enjoyed playing MH3U and MK8 on it, there wasn't anything else besides those two that kept me using it. Hopefully the NX wont be as bad...

Razer controller back a few years, what was it, the sabertooth? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?