How Do you afford games/computer hardware?

TAHIRMIA

I want to go full on into PC but I don't have any money. I can't really work at a local news agent or something because there is a big supermarket up the road to my house and no small shops in my area. I do some chores and I do get a little money from my parents but it would take ages to be able to afford games and decent gaming PC. I have tried those websites that give you points for steam games but they never give me anything. Is there anything online that would help me make money without putting any money in? 

Many Thanks.

Hello

Well, i work...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

If you're a bit adventurous ; buy bitcoin , then go on an exchange site like poloniex and do some day trading once you do some research on the subject . Buy ETH and LSK

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Saving up my pennies one by one.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

It's easy.

I don't afford any of it...

I work and save up...for years.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

if you want to do it online, ive used swagbucks for the past few months. i got close to $500 worth of amazon gift cards before i was banned. they have mobile apps that give points for watching videos (which is all automatic) so i ran 2 android vms constantly. i also had an autoclicker running for the desktop stuff. you could probably program a bot to do all that, but i was too lazy to figure that out. i just kept it running in the background while i did homework and turned it off for any gaming

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

I'm a teenager in HS, i earn money by doing odds and end jobs or so. 

I sometimes sell some unnecessary PC parts i got, or go mow lawns for neighbors. 

I volunteer at a thrift store that gets working PC parts, so i'd just use my volunteer discount to get cheap PC parts. 

Specialty programs and competitions. Intel sells their processors twice a year at roughly 1/3 cost (link in sig) and BattleNation.com netted me a free 980ti Kingpin.

Mostly working. I'm looking forward to putting my computery knowledge to use this summer.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

On 6/3/2016 at 3:57 PM, TAHIRMIA said:

I want to go full on into PC

Are you sure that you'll fit? Maybe if you removed some ribs and starved yourself then tried for an E-ATX...

On 6/3/2016 at 3:57 PM, TAHIRMIA said:

-snip-

Seriously though I was working from the age of 11. Go look for dodgy/rough used car garages and offer to valet for cash in hand.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:09 AM, Nuluvius said:

Are you sure that you'll fit? Maybe if you removed some ribs and starved yourself then tried for an E-ATX...

Seriously though I was working from the age of 11. Go look for dodgy/rough used car garages and offer to valet for cash in hand.

There isn't really anything nearby apart from a Tesco Extra.:|

Hello

On 6/3/2016 at 11:06 PM, DrM said:

if you want to do it online, ive used swagbucks for the past few months. i got close to $500 worth of amazon gift cards before i was banned. they have mobile apps that give points for watching videos (which is all automatic) so i ran 2 android vms constantly. i also had an autoclicker running for the desktop stuff. you could probably program a bot to do all that, but i was too lazy to figure that out. i just kept it running in the background while i did homework and turned it off for any gaming

Ill give it a try

On 6/3/2016 at 4:27 PM, Coaxialgamer said:

If you're a bit adventurous ; buy bitcoin , then go on an exchange site like poloniex and do some day trading once you do some research on the subject . Buy ETH and LSK

aren't bitcoins hard to get?

Hello

I receive pocket money..... and money at birthdays

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 6/4/2016 at 5:37 AM, Rune said:

Specialty programs and competitions. Intel sells their processors twice a year at roughly 1/3 cost (link in sig) and BattleNation.com netted me a free 980ti Kingpin.

1) I'm in the UK:|

2)I have a battle nation account but I never won anything:| and so your sooooo lucky:D

Hello

37 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

There isn't really anything nearby apart from a Tesco Extra.:|

Any farms or builders? Again you are asking for cash in hand - you won't go through the books. This is how you get around the minimum age problem. Companies such as Tesco will be legally required to place you on the payroll you see.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1 minute ago, Nuluvius said:

Any farms or builders? Again you are asking for cash in hand - you won't go through the books. This is how you get around the minimum age problem. Companies such as Tesco will be legally required to place you on the payroll you see.

IDK but I am moving in a few weeks so hopefully there is something like a newsagent or shop or something that I can work for

Hello

1 hour ago, TAHIRMIA said:

aren't bitcoins hard to get?

well , they are pretty much impossible to mine , but you can buy some. BTC is projected to rise to 600$ in a week or so , and will go up significantly after the halving in july.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I built my current computer before I got a steady income. I raised the money for it through several different means, including programming jobs and doing a specific task for a school that they needed done.

Well I'm on disability money but did 4 months of part time work last year which I sank into an X99 upgrade.

Still no permanent part time jobs available at the company though, so I'll do the same again at the end of each year until I get one.

Full time work wrecks me.

Linus is my fetish.

Work. Lots of it..

You could learn to use the stock market but I think that is not a good thing because trading does nothing to advance humanity or make people other than yourself's lives better.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Have you considered crippling debt?

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

save, save, save.

Edited by Gabby2805
My original answer was abused.