How Do you afford games/computer hardware?

TAHIRMIA
On 6/3/2016 at 10:56 PM, GlassBomb said:

It's easy.

I don't afford any of it...

Same And I work. Pretty much full time, I built my computer when I lived with my parents. And worked and was able to save up. 

Now I want to get a rx 480 4gb as a upgrade to my 970 as it can't overclock and has a 3.5gb limit I don't plan (not can I afford) vr at the moment 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I have a weekend job (im a student).

Building my server was a big blow to my wallet (no regrets though). Same thing with my friends, They have all saved up one by one to build a PC and then I've built it free of charge. Building two more next month.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

I have a decent amount of disposable income, also a non smoker and non drinker. 

I spend all my money on Chinchilla dust.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I have a full time job.  (Maybe part-time soon once I start school) I save up and buy like one new game a year, as for PC hardware... I used my Christmas money to help fund that, and I sold some old PCs and laptops I had to fund my laptop.

As of now, I'm saving up for when the RX 480.  A $200 GPU that can handle VR... and since I don't use VR, I'm assuming that means it'll have plenty of horsepower for gaming.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On June 3, 2016 at 11:06 PM, DrM said:

if you want to do it online, ive used swagbucks for the past few months. i got close to $500 worth of amazon gift cards before i was banned. they have mobile apps that give points for watching videos (which is all automatic) so i ran 2 android vms constantly. i also had an autoclicker running for the desktop stuff. you could probably program a bot to do all that, but i was too lazy to figure that out. i just kept it running in the background while i did homework and turned it off for any gaming

why banned

14 hours ago, Gabby2805 said:

It would be best to get a part-time job, but that's something I'll look for when I can drive.

"When I can be bothered to or my parents threaten to kick me out".

I've also just turned 18 so I got a load of money since its the only thing I asked for.

18 is quite old to still be so immature to be honest.

I suppose I'm just lucky...or maybe spoiled

Not really, just lazy perhaps.

Don't you feel any degree of shame about broadcasting any of these points?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Odd jobs, secondhand parts, xmas and birthday presents, etc.

- snip-

11 hours ago, No said:

why banned

they enver told me, but it was prob running multiple activities at the same time

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

On 2016-06-03 at 1:57 PM, TAHIRMIA said:

I want to go full on into PC but I don't have any money. I can't really work at a local news agent or something because there is a big supermarket up the road to my house and no small shops in my area. I do some chores and I do get a little money from my parents but it would take ages to be able to afford games and decent gaming PC. I have tried those websites that give you points for steam games but they never give me anything. Is there anything online that would help me make money without putting any money in? 

Many Thanks.

You aren't getting a PC anytime soon so stop trying/thinking about it, you'll only set yourself up for disappointment. PC gaming is a big boys hobby. Like most people, you'll have to wait until you're old enough to work.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I mark it down as business expenses against general income.
Though have to say, no money, no real income, working as a paper delivery boy, generally screwed as its a massive black hole of cost. Rather like cars. 

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

1 hour ago, eLucid said:

You aren't getting a PC anytime soon so stop trying/thinking about it, you'll only set yourself up for disappointment. PC gaming is a big boys hobby. Like most people, you'll have to wait until you're old enough to work.

I do have a PC that my dad built quite a while ago for me when I was 8 however I hardly used it for many games and now it is quite old and only plays at 720p medium for new games like GTA. I made the mistake of buying an Xbone and £300 worth of games even when my dad told me to use the money for a PC:| and I want to know how people get money for new builds, just to see if I could use their tips

Hello

13 minutes ago, Rawity said:

Reselling Supreme can get you a bunch of money

what is supreme?

Hello

I just work work work. Hopefully I'll be getting a second soon.

When I was your age I "upgraded" my HP media center by putting a 550ti in it. You may be better off just trying to upgrade what you already have untill you find someone willing to hire you.

I got it from birthday money and shit.

Apart from that, I rarely buy anything.

Built this PC for ~350 from christmas and birthday money.

43 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

what is supreme?

Clothes. Basically what you do is buying jackets / box logos and sell it for much more on facebook groups or instagram

15 minutes ago, Rawity said:

Clothes. Basically what you do is buying jackets / box logos and sell it for much more on facebook groups or instagram

Oh ok

Hello

I sell my body for sexual favours during the dark hours of the evening. 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat