First Tesla driver caught sleeping with autopilot on

5 hours ago, Rune said:

WHY
WHY DO PEOPLE FILM VERTICALLY

It's a problem for the ages. 

But ya, I see this becoming a lot more common in the future unfortunately. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

14 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

it's 100 in QC but it's tolerated up to about 120

I am wondering if the autopilot would just put the break like in tunnels and on bridges because it is usually maximum 70 but some people still drive at 100kmph in tunnels.

10 hours ago, Rune said:

WHY
WHY DO PEOPLE FILM VERTICALLY

Because of their devout followers, Apple has the power to do things we would think are crazy and get away with it.  I think it's time for them to be the first to start putting an end to this.  The phone has a rotation sensor, and conceivably they could make the camera's sensor circular, so when filming, it should automatically crop out a horizontal rectangular area, no matter how you hold the phone.  They could pass it off as another form of image stabilization if they needed to.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Did you hear about that self-driving car that ran into a high school PE walking class, killing two?

Oh wait, no. Some guy fell asleep at the wheel and his vehicle ran off the road. We NEED self-driving cars to become the norm. The technology isn't mature yet, but this is an area where machines will be better than people.

People get in fatal accidents all the time, but for some reason people have a psychological bias against a computer doing exactly the same thing. That kind of attitude will be proved ignorant and old fashioned before long.

6 minutes ago, SSL said:

Did you hear about that self-driving car that ran into a high school PE walking class, killing two?

Oh wait, no. Some guy fell asleep at the wheel and his vehicle ran off the road. We NEED self-driving cars to become the norm. The technology isn't mature yet, but this is an area where machines will be better than people.

People get in fatal accidents all the time, but for some reason people have a psychological bias against a computer doing exactly the same thing. That kind of attitude will be proved ignorant and old fashioned before long.

I think we're a lot closer than most people realize.  This Tesla system is actually way behind to some of the tech already out there.  Just look at the Google cars that have been getting tested for how many years now.  Look how many total km/miles they've driven, with only 1 minor at-fault accident to their name.  Look at how many accidents an average driver would have had in that much distance, or, if you like, just look at how many accidents there have been with people running into the Google cars xD 

It might be 50 or 100 years off but at some point it will be illegal for a human to drive, at least when on any major road, and the thought of doing so will be far more insane than anyone thinks of having a computer do it now.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Where is the proof? So there's a video of one person recording, and a second person "sleeping."

Who says he didn't do it for the video? Who says the first driver isn't a friend? It's the internet. These things can be setup and not be real at all. 

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It might be 50 or 100 years off but at some point it will be illegal for a human to drive, at least when on any major road, and the thought of doing so will be far more insane than anyone thinks of having a computer do it now.

I don't doubt it. Just look at how people drive in rain or snow.

18 minutes ago, SSL said:

I don't doubt it. Just look at how people drive in rain or snow.

yup ... people can't drive but 1 million networked AI's will master that in a day

It would actually be safer if the 'driver' was in a passenger seat because if the breaks are pressed then autopilot is disengaged.

The idiot filming could at least trying to woke him up.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

12 hours ago, Lethal Seraph said:

Sleep? If I could get all my windows tinted black, Is get my own tesla 'bangbus' setup for sexy times on the road.

Tinted? Fuck the tint. Literally. Let the people watch the show :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

6 minutes ago, FakezZ said:

Tinted? Fuck the tint. Literally. Let the people watch the show :P

The accidents that causes will divert attention away from your bad driving :D 

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The accidents that causes will divert attention away from your bad driving :D 

Then fuck all these dead people too! xD (i am sick in the head I know)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

4 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

kmph not mph :P

kmh or km/h makes more sense. I was thinking you might be meaning mph...4

100km/h is like 62mph... That's actually pretty slow...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 hours ago, wcreek said:

kmh or km/h makes more sense. I was thinking you might be meaning mph...4

100km/h is like 62mph... That's actually pretty slow...

yeah but no ones goes that.  All highways are 120 km/h, whether the speed limit says so or not :P 

On 5/26/2016 at 10:10 PM, PeloyGeek said:

It had to come eventually.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a common thing within tesla drivers :/ 

Not sure how legit this is.  Autopilot in Tesla cars (other cars do this too) will check periodically to make sure the driver is still conscious and giving steering wheel input periodically as a safety feature.  If not, It beeps very loudly to alert the driver.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

On 26/05/2016 at 3:20 AM, dragoon20005 said:

if its just a really stop and go traffic.

the auto pilot is still OK but on the highways with excess of 100 miles per hour

the driver still has to be alert in the event of emergency

Highways above 100mph?! wtf 0_O 

You have that?!!

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

3 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Highways above 100mph?! wtf 0_O 

You have that?!!

In Germany you can go as fast as you want on some parts of the autobahn 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

In Germany you can go as fast as you want on some parts of the autobahn 

Yah true

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Man if everyone had a self driving car, that would mean no more stupid traffic because of aholes deciding to slow down to watch someone change a flat tire. You'd swear it's like they never seen someone get flat before...  

Hmm...the autopilot only turns when you tell it to so if you fall asleep in the car risk driving way past your intended destination. Plus there are plenty of videos out there of the autopilot not actually stopping when it should.

On 5/26/2016 at 9:36 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

fancy cruise control with (glitchy) auto-steer and brake.  People should not be doing this.... yet

I agree that the car isn't ready for this and Tesla themselves aren't marketing it as a chauffeur but watching videos of it it doesn't look glitchy. It can lose confidence in steering but the braking is just as good as other cars that just have crash avoidance systems.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

4 minutes ago, Bensemus said:

I agree that the car isn't ready for this and Tesla themselves aren't marketing it as a chauffeur but watching videos of it it doesn't look glitchy. It can lose confidence in steering but the braking is just as good as other cars that just have crash avoidance systems.

Well I saw a few videos where it nearly drove them off the road or directly into oncoming traffic - there would have been death had the driver not intervened