ORIGIN PC Un-build Log

This video was sponsored by ORIGIN PC. Check them out at http://bit.ly/27ixNa8 (our affiliate link).

Use offer code LINUSOPC at checkout for free CPU & GPU overclocking!

ORIGIN PC has made quite a name for themselves in the built-to-order gaming PC space over the past couple years. Let's see how their work holds up to Linus' teardown...

Good to know there are a few options out there who ensure that "prebuilt" doesn't necessarily mean crap :)

Very nice system!

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Good to know there are a few options out there who ensure that "prebuilt" doesn't necessarily mean crap :)

Very nice system!

also nice to see there is a real REASON why origins systems have a price premium

Wow. Those guys should sell empty cases; they are much better than most solutions available (that aren't caselabs).

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

1 hour ago, TrigrH said:

also nice to see there is a real REASON why origins systems have a price premium

Should look at falcon PC

https://build2.falcon-nw.com/Configurator/Configurator?s=1

$2500 for an i5 6500 and a 960 with a Z170 board at least I guess, both are easily worse than apple though, at least like cyberpower/ibuypower aren't that bad, especially some of the ITX bundle deals that come with controllers/keyboards and free games

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

When it says "sponsored by Origin PC" I assume that means Origin PC has paid them to produce and upload this video. 

But what is the normal situation when they review a product? Say a laptop, a graphics card, a case etc. Has that company paid to have that video put up (be that in a monetary sense or also 'hey you can have 10 of these products for your office') or have they simply provided a review sample that must be returned (or not provided one at all)?

Hi can i ask if any benchmarks were run? would love to see some results... 3dmark etc?  thanks (love your work!)

1 hour ago, gonvres said:

When it says "sponsored by Origin PC" I assume that means Origin PC has paid them to produce and upload this video. 

But what is the normal situation when they review a product? Say a laptop, a graphics card, a case etc. Has that company paid to have that video put up (be that in a monetary sense or also 'hey you can have 10 of these products for your office') or have they simply provided a review sample that must be returned (or not provided one at all)?

I think in this case Origin PC simply provided the PC to LMG, I believe as a keeper unit, Which is a pretty big investment given Linus isn't shy about calling out bad products, sponsored or not.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

W00t, M-Disc drive!  The only way to store your digital data so it'll last for 1,000 years — the perfect thing to prepare for our species' possible transhumanist future.  

Don't spend the next millennium wishing you'd backed up your family photos to something safer than "The Cloud!"  

Would have been much nicer if it was a live tear down and not just a narration over some of the process. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 hour ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Would have been much nicer if it was a live tear down and not just a narration over some of the process. 

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man

I was interested to see how a company like Origin do a pre-build system, and can't be bothered to watch an hour long stream of Linus rambling and unscrewing things

Does you mum know you're here?

5 hours ago, Qub3d said:

Wow. Those guys should sell empty cases; they are much better than most solutions available (that aren't caselabs).

Yeah I agree, Damn they're good

4 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man

You know, I never realised that. :dry:

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

10 hours ago, TrigrH said:

I think that I would rather have that case than my corsair 780t.

Plastic every where, flimsy af.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Options on Origin seem lacking for dual CPU configs. The price premium seems high also.So Fancy brand and good looking computer taht is a pain to upgrade and fix when it breaks. single CPU versions are there but they look like even a bigger pain to work with than the dual CPU ones as a 4U case still has to be open to fit into the rack or it will overheat all around it. Origin is good from what I see but overpriced because of how expensive it is.

I have an origin PC as well and while I went back and forth with dropping over 5k for a system (including accessories) it was totally worth it. They put more work into the system than I would have even if I was doing the work myself.