Best way to get high speed wifi

What would be the best solution to get fast wifi on a gaming PC. (Haven't built it asking in advance). Ethernet is out of the question cause my wifi box thingy is too far away. Can people list better ways?

Power line Ethernet? If your house has  new electrical wiring. I got a wrt1900ac and my house is 6882 square ft and it's WiFi reaches every inch delivering at least 50mpbs of my 75mpbs plan

2 minutes ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

What would be the best solution to get fast wifi on a gaming PC. (Haven't built it asking in advance). Ethernet is out of the question cause my wifi box thingy is too far away. Can people list better ways?

powerline kit

or just a wifi dongle if you must

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

powerline kit

or just a wifi dongle if you must

What's a power line kit?

Just now, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

What's a power line kit?

you COULD google it :P

but it routes the internet through your existing wiring in your house

SO basically

powerline-illustration.jpg?6b9ecc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

you COULD google it :P

but it routes the internet through your existing wiring in your house

SO basically

powerline-illustration.jpg?6b9ecc

thanks

Just now, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

thanks

What other ways are there, power line kit seems "meh" 

1 minute ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

802.11ac with 3x3 MiMo or even 4x4 MiMo gives you Gigabit speed. But the speed dropps pritty quick with increased distance. I have an Archer T9e and get 887 MBit/s througth one wooden wall.

But the speed dropps quickly when I move further away.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

4 minutes ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

really the only ways to get network connection to your computer are powerful wifi, powerline, and ethernet.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

13 minutes ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

jayztwocents did a vid on this 

3 minutes ago, Jer45 said:

jayztwocents did a vid on this 

Thanks and yea imma do  power line networking it's as easy as plug and play

4 minutes ago, ShayMaster [PC Noob] said:

Thanks and yea imma do  power line networking it's as easy as plug and play

then there is this

14 minutes ago, Jer45 said:

then there is this

Well that's great for when it works, but I'm pretty sure it's not really intended for use inside your house... through walls and stuff

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, Jer45 said:

then there is this

LOL, yes, there is that.  

in all seriousness, wifi isn't all that bad.  You'll need a good router, and a good wifi dongle.  I've used a USB 3.0 AC1300 wifi dongle, and it worked fine.  I played dota 2 a lot off of it and had no issues.  I got about 80-90% of the internet speed from isp, and had an ping of 50-70ms.  Wasn't an issue on Dota 2, and dont think its too bad on CS:GO.  Just do what you can to minimize the distance, and place the usb wifi dongle in an area where you get the best results.  You'll have to run speedtest a good few times, as different placements of the wifi dongle can result in quite dramatic changes of speed.  Most of them come with like 3ft usb extension, so you got some room to play with.  You can even buy a 6ft usb extension too.  I had a 6ft one, but i just used the 3ft one.  It was fine.  

in my situation, the wifi router was in the basement, and my room was on the 2nd floor.  My room and router were also on the opposite sides of the house.  I have a apple airport extreme, and a Dlink AC1200 usb wifi dongle.

get a good ap (one of the Ubiquiti UniFi AC AP range)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

IF you have Coax available you might check out Moca. It allows you to use the Coax for a network connection. Speeds will be better in most cases to power line adapters. It can coexist with Cable but not with Satellite. Its a good option if you have Coax near your router and near your computer. Only issues you might run in to is you need bidirectional splitters and you need a premises filter on the main cable line coming in to your house. This stops your network from getting on your cable providers network. Also its very easy to decided on the right adapters as Actiontek is the only company whom produces Moca 2.0 adapters. 

Or

You buy a nice good AC router or Access point and use that. On the PC side you will want to use a PCIe Wireless card not USB. If you are close enough to the router then 5Ghz will be your friend as thats where the speed is. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.