Next Season of Scrapyard Wars Idea

DaiGurenMK42

[Insert Money Amount] Worth of Raspberry Pi in a cluster server vs Scrapyard Build. The LTT server guy and Linus vs Luke to see which product can compute more in server environment with heat, space, power etc variables for the scores. 

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

the pi's would fall laughably behind.

if anything, have them do insane raspberry pi builds to see who can get their pi to be the fastest in compute without using actually pi branded solutions :P

How about this. They both get a FX8350 and try to break the world record of the highest OC. Atleast they try. On a budget. Or any other cpu idk.

The higher clocker wins. A test of each of their's skillz.

LTT server guy = Linus.  They only have a network guy, Johnny or something.  And not very scrapyard-y is it?

Personally I would like to see this challenge :

Since Linus just just reviewed and un-built a MSI Vortex, why not have them build one with spare parts?  The caveat being there can only be a maximum of 2 fans in the entire system excluding the PSU fan.  That means they would have to build a case, a mounting plate, disassemble their GPUs and leave the heatsink on and try to jerry rig everything together.  No size and shape constraints.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Build the best computer you can using components from before the year 2000.

a sub zero-cooler + computer for 800$ (no off the shelve parts for the cooler but its not like you can find the parts anyway)

4 hours ago, DaiGurenMK42 said:

[Insert Money Amount] Worth of Raspberry Pi in a cluster server vs Scrapyard Build. The LTT server guy and Linus vs Luke to see which product can compute more in server environment with heat, space, power etc variables for the scores. 

What would you compute with it? Raspberry pi clusters are useful (arguably) if you have a program written specifically to take advantage of the cluster setup. You need to code it yourself. Also, chances are that that program would not work on a "normal" system.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

$1,000, the goal to build the best value computer, which you can fit inside a custom case which you must build within budget, that is in the shape and likeness of a cheeseburger.  

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

How about giving them more time?  I love watching them look for parts and stuff, I actually like it better than watching the build off.  Give them like a week this time.  Or maybe do the best budget gaming PC still, but with like who has the better power efficiency.  Maybe who has the best SLI/Crossfire?

Or continue with the special guests each season, but give them like a week, and maybe go to different locations.  Don't stay in one area.  Maybe team up with other tech channels (Such as Austin Evans again) and host it where he's from, and vice versa.  Go to other places.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.