Introducing the most awesome iPad Pro ever, and you can't afford it

AlTech

Apple is auctioning one of their iPad Pro 12.9 inch ipads for $14000 to $21300 (Yes you read that right, fourteen thousand US dollars to twenty one thousand three hundred US dollars).

The money is being raised to help London's Design Museum, The ipad in question is a yellowish green and is one of a kind. it also comes with an exclusive leather Smart cover which cannot be purchased from apple normally as well as a Apple Pencil with a leather orange case which you can't buy normally. 

ipad.PNG

Apple is auctioning off a one-of-a-kind iPad Pro, Smart Cover, and and Apple Pencil to raise money for London's Design museum. The products were donated by Jony Ive and the Apple design team, which only intend to produce a single instance of the products in these colors.

An expected sale price of £10,000 to £15,000

For the most part, the iPad, cover, and Pencil all appear to be made of the same materials that are used in the common version of these products. The only difference is their color, but their colors should really stand out. The iPad Pro (the 12.9-inch model, to be specific), is in a sort of greenish yellow. The case has a blue leather — Apple sells leather cases, but not leather smart covers — and the Apple Pencil appears to come in a leather case too, in orange. There's also a gold band around the top of the Pencil, which is unique to this model.

Phillips, the auction house handling the custom iPad's sale, expects to raise somewhere between £10,000 to £15,000 ($14,200 to $21,300) for the items. The museum is relocating, and these funds will seemingly support the move. The Design Museum focuses on "affordably priced design objects," so you can understand why Apple would be interested.

Awww. That looks cool and so damn expensive. But seriously Apple, Why can't we have more colour options for iPads? I want a blue anodized aluminium iPad

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/15/11442400/apple-custom-ipad-pro-auction-design-museum

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It's very much like apple to make a small change that costs them nothing and sell the result at an increased price. This is bringing that to a new level xD

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

There's always gonna be a diehard brainless fanboys who's gonna buy that 'not the most awesome iPad pro ever just cause it's unique color.'

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Let's get an iPad Pro, paint its back yellow, paint the pencil, get a blue cover and sell it for 10 times of its MSRP

nice try

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Just because you change the color of it doesn't make it any more impressive.

But hey, it's for a good cause. I guess.

my god there are some seriously stupid people in this forum..... its funny really, you call people who buy apple products sheeple then yougo follow the heard in blindly slating them.

The products were donated by Jony Ive and the Apple design team, which only intend to produce a single instance of the products in these colors.

there not just some one off apple products they were jony ive's ipads, its a collectable, the person who buys it wont use the thing on a daily basis.

muppets

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

7 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

my god there are some seriously stupid people in this forum..... its funny really, you call people who buy apple products sheeple then yougo follow the heard in blindly slating them.

there not just some one off apple products they were jony ive's ipads, its a collectable, the person who buys it wont use the thing on a daily basis.

muppets

Excuse me, but i am not a muppet. I report news as it appears. I don't lie, I am not pretentious, what you see is what you get.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I think the person buying this is some rich person that wants to donate money to the museum anyway. Getting the unique iPad is just a nice bonus.

At least that's what I hope... It would be really sad if someone blew their life savings on this.

It looks like someone peed on the back of a silver iPad Pro to get the way overpriced model 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I think the person buying this is some rich person that wants to donate money to the museum anyway. Getting the unique iPad is just a nice bonus.

At least that's what I hope... It would be really sad if someone blew their life savings on this.

But at least they should try and make it more unique, like a signature or laser engrave something, not just lazily painting it all over

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Excuse me, but i am not a muppet. I report news as it appears. I don't lie, I am not pretentious, what you see is what you get.

it was a sweeping statement to everyone slating this......not a direct attack

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

4 hours ago, GarnetDevil said:

Let's get an iPad Pro, paint its back yellow, paint the pencil, get a blue cover and sell it for 10 times of its MSRP

nice try

They're donating the proceeds to a museum.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

At first I thought it was an actual gold iPad..

Can't they donate money themselves as a company, now it's basically someone else who donates money and gets an iPad in a funny color

Oh come on, at least a Gold Plated Ipad Pro with an OLED Sapphire display and some diamonds on the back or emeralds, with a solid Gold Apple Pencil and a Leather Smart Case, thats smarter than what it is now. Like HTC Iceview case...

Groomlake Authority

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

It's very much like apple to make a small change that costs them nothing and sell the result at an increased price. This is bringing that to a new level xD

I'm typically not one to support Apple, but that's really the whole point of it. Aside from the fact it was donated (meaning, it was already made), it's being auctioned to support a museum. From a business perspective, it's perfect. It's a one-of-a-kind product that already existed that they can get much more than retail value. If they had donated a crate of standard iPad Pro's, it probably wouldn't get headlines and forum threads like this nor generate as much proceeds for the museum. Now, if this was a product/package they were going to be retailing, then yes, it's just Apple being Apple.

5 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

I'm typically not one to support Apple, but that's really the whole point of it. Aside from the fact it was donated (meaning, it was already made), it's being auctioned to support a museum. From a business perspective, it's perfect. It's a one-of-a-kind product that already existed that they can get much more than retail value. If they had donated a crate of standard iPad Pro's, it probably wouldn't get headlines and forum threads like this nor generate as much proceeds for the museum. Now, if this was a product/package they were going to be retailing, then yes, it's just Apple being Apple.

Or they could have donated 20k themselves, it's not like they don't have the money.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Or they could have donated 20k themselves, it's not like they don't have the money.

They did just make $40 million from recycled gold! But if Johnny Ive wants to donate an iPad, you let Johnny Ive donate an iPad.

People prefer the terms "Charity" & "Donation" instead of hearing the words "Money laundering" & "product placement"

Details separate people.

its cool that apple is doing some charity work but that is one ugly ipad and they should have put more work into it. and it seems to conflict with the museums motto of "affordably priced design objects," so they should have maybe sold maybe like 500 of them at a slightly higher cost than the regular ipad pro

You arnt buying the ipad, you are donating  large sum of money to a charity and they are giving you this one off ipad as a thank you.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

11 hours ago, Lethal Seraph said:

There's always gonna be a diehard brainless fanboys who's gonna buy that 'not the most awesome iPad pro ever just cause it's unique color.'

I'd buy this because it's a collectors item. Never use it, store it, sell it on eBay in 20 years for $$$.