Fury X giveaway

GreezyJeezy

Running a 970 right now, but my best friend's GPU just died and I'd totally give him mine if I win this fury x... Or maybe we could make it interesting and play some games against each other to see who'll take it home in the end. (though I'd probably lose it cuz he's much better than me in almost everything xD )

Fury X, wow, in my rig I currently have an i5 4670K, and a GTX 960. I would like the Fury X as I am getting quite a lot of GPU bottlenecks (and not just in games :L), it would also mean that I could give my brother the 960 as a hand-me down (he currently does not have GPU just a pentium anniversary edition). I would also love to try the open source drivers (currently trying to use linux for anything that I can, I think it's a nice alternative to windows and I would like to see more market competition!).

I'm running an EVGA 750Ti with a 4690K at stock speed (3.5GHz). The best I can do on 1080@60fps is low/medium settings.

Photos

The system remains nearly the same as in the images. The only difference being I have added sleeved cables (6-pin for GPU and 24-pin), a 212 Evo and reattempted cable management.

EDIT: I also painted my PCI covers.

Edited by danrobards

Transitioning Console Peasant

My Build

Q9650

X1650 pro

needed to run csgo!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Currently running an AMD FX-8350 + MSI HD Radeon HD7950 TwinFrozr III OC/BE, which I bought 2 or 3 years ago, up from a Pentium D + NVidia 9400GT. Even though it's a semi-decent mid-range combo, I'd say, games are requiring more and more of my PC and every new game makes me turn down graphics options in order to have a playable framerate. So having a Fury X would improve my experience a lot, since I don't see myself upgrading my PC again in the near future, maybe would upgrade CPU, because it was one of my worst purchases, and would probably bottleneck the Fury X.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 GHz  |  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI Radeon HD7950 OC/BE  |  8GB Kingston HyperX Red 1866 Mhz DDR3  |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  120GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD  |  320GB Western Digital HDD  |  Thermaltake Core V71  |  BenQ XL2420Z + Fujistu Eco 19-5  |  Random ASUS keyboard  |  Corsair M60  | HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

On 4/15/2016 at 5:17 PM, ShardZer0 said:

I mean, it's your giveaway, but the 970 is falling behind quickly. You perhaps should have been more specific in what qualifies as a "bad card".

is falling behind quickly? its a card that can play most games just fantastic at 1080p, and pretty good at 1440p. while personaly i am saving up for a r9 390x, i wont be able to afford it for over 6 months unless im lucky. and even then if i got this card i would be able to put that money to something thats not a  shitty a bunch of shitty ass scrapped hard drives that are ready to fail. and get some games that arnt gmod and csgo. lets give that card what it was built for. gta 5, blackops, the witcher. or i dont mnow, you know, 

I have:

an i3 4160 (that'll work)

and a GTX 750 Ti (worse than I thought; can't 1080p very well...)

Reason(s)

AMD owns ATI - ATI is Canadian (I want to support my country's economy)

A Fury X will let me free with my next rig, not having to worry about a GPU and more of a monitor that can use this beast; I'm not going to be building anything until post-secondary, and it'll help me if I already have a GPU that'll last; technology advances too fast, but this thing should keep up for a long time (especially with water cooling).

I'd appreciate something like this a lot...

Intel i7 3770 | ASUS P8Z77-V | 32GB Kingstorn HyperX Fury | ASUS Dual Radeon RX 480 (4GB)

512GB Samsung 840 Pro | 3TB WD Green | Corsair CX500 | Corsair Carbide 500R

I would like to win this for my brother who just built a PC, does not have a GPU yet, as he is saving for it..

His specs are:

i5-6500

Asus B170I 

1x8gb value ram

And a 3 year old 500gb hard drive...

Is this being shipped everywhere?

0.0 Nice timing!

I actually planning to build a new 1000$ budget PC

with i7 6700k 

And Im planning to buy a GTX 970

But this giveaway could help me real good

what a generous heart you have.

* p.s

Btw Im from Asia, can i still join?

My Most Loyal PC EVER!!

9 years and still going.

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E4500          //         Mobo : ASrock ConRoe 1333-D667 

RAM : 4 GB  // GPU : None... // Hard Drive : 2x 500GB // Case : Trendsonic idk.

PSU : idk, idc.                               //          Monitor : BenQ E900W 

Im gonna enter for my sister, Her GTX 970 gave up this weekend so she needs a new GPU.

Her specs, those i can remember is:

CPU is a devils canyon something a pretty good one.

16 GB of memory and the motherboard is ASUS Maxumus-Hero 

@GreezyJeezy your dp is little disturbing :ph34r:

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

I5 6600 locked with a Gtx 950 msi card. Would be cool to game at higher settings

I wish I could join the giveaway. But I just made my account. ?

Hi,

This card would be a great help to me

Im currently in high school and I'm building my first rig ever for vr ,gaming and video/graphic editing every once in a while and I have to save up around 2000$ (don't know how thats gonna happen,I currently have around 500$ which is enough for the cpu) to get a Vr headset and a computer decent enough to run it , this card would help me reach my goal in building a computer for the first time and be more powerful than I could ever afford to make it. I also am the main techie for a non prophet organization who do community clean ups ,food banks and charity stuff , I take and edit all there photos and videos ,design there t-shirts and make certificates and medals for the organization (I do all this with the adobe suite ) . My computer slows all these tasks down and takes years to render/save . This card would benefit me and the organization greatly in that regard. 

My current computer:

A Mac Pro 2008 with a 250 gb hdd and  with some old ati GPU

My Planned Build:

I plan to have a i5660k which should be more than enough to handle the card

Edit:

I know this sounds fake but if you want I can send some of the work that I do for the non-prophet organization (there name is MAS Katy)

Thank you for the help

Intel 4590, 4gb of RAM, iGPU. Kind of want to play real games and not like solitaire lol.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Well damn, this is generous of you! 

I wont pass by it! 3770k and a rapidly aging gtx660 :P

Why do i want it, well, why wouldbn't i want it! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I have a 6700k so CPU is good. My GPU is a 970. I guess it's stronger than most peoples' here but I have a freesync monitor so it'd be nice to take advantage of that. Also it isn't gonna be too good at DX12...

EDIT: Here is my full pc specs minus mouse and keyboard

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/trFZ4D

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

i dont understand people that says "id like to play at higher settings i only have a *something* GeForce GTX 970 with 3 or 4 gb of vram" yeah....seems logic....... dude i have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 SERIES with 1GB OF VRAM and STILL can play war thunder at medium settings at 60 fps on a 1440x900 MONITOR!!!!!!! THIS STOOPID CARD IS 10 YEARS OLD GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!

I could really use this GPU lol. I currently game on a laptop which gets roughly 30 fps in Minecraft. (Terrible lol) I'm planning on building my first PC though, which is most likely gonna have either the Intel Pentium G3258, or an i3. If I could get this GPU, then I can actually play other games, which would be on a higher resolution and higher fps. I'm a real person BTW lol. If you don't pick me, I understand since  there can be users that make new accounts to cheat. But my friend was like, bro.. You need to win this giveaway, and i was like yeah I do! Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

19 minutes ago, OilfilledAreAWESOME99 said:

i dont understand people that says "id like to play at higher settings i only have a *something* GeForce GTX 970 with 3 or 4 gb of vram" yeah....seems logic....... dude i have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 SERIES with 1GB OF VRAM and STILL can play war thunder at medium settings at 60 fps on a 1440x900 MONITOR!!!!!!! THIS STOOPID CARD IS 10 YEARS OLD GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!

yeah the 970 is good for the few years. id still buy that card for a gaming rig. its a good card

6 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

yeah the 970 is good for the few years. id still buy that card for a gaming rig. its a good card

Obviously not over a 390, but still a good card. 

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Obviously not over a 390, but still a good card. 

each have its perks.