Fury X giveaway

GreezyJeezy

Running:

So I am in the process of upgrrading from a prebuilt, which suprisingly has a great CPU, but a total garbage GPU. Its a GTX 745 that runs DDR3 VRAM. I mean seriously, DDR3!? So anyways, it bottlenecks like crazy and i can barely run any game in 1080p at more than 15 fps (especially the dreaded minesweeper). And I don't excatly have any cash to spare to upgrade anything else since I'm still in high school and my parents are like "oh but you already bought something for your computer last year. Its already fast enough, why do you need more?" Well the Fury X would be a big jump form my curretn setup and my rig can definately handle it (specs are in the sig).

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

On April 14, 2016 at 3:43 PM, LeStringMan said:

AMD FX-6300 IGPu

The FX doesn't have an iGPU...

I have a GTX 770 with 2 GB of VRAM. It's pretty terrible.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

2 hours ago, theguysthatlookatyou said:

has gtx 970*

Whats your point?

Just now, ShardZer0 said:

Whats your point?

His point is if you can afford a 970 you don't need a fury X, and just having one the 970 is still a good card in today's standards at 1080p

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

His point is if you can afford a 970 you don't need a fury X, and just having one the 970 is still a good card in today's standards at 1080p

I mean, it's your giveaway, but the 970 is falling behind quickly. You perhaps should have been more specific in what qualifies as a "bad card".

32 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

can eveyone please read the updated rule i added. and sorry for the inconvenience for a select few of you it applies to.

I guess i should also add what i,m using now for graphics. On board Nvidia (i think its a 550) it can't even stream 720p from YouTube without rediculous stuttering. 

5 minutes ago, ShardZer0 said:

I mean, it's your giveaway, but the 970 is falling behind quickly. You perhaps should have been more specific in what qualifies as a "bad card".

Even a 260x can still play Gta 5 not saying it can max it out but it can still play it on a playable framerate. The 970 is a card many would dream to have. Bad is like well a 260x is bad you know lower end cards that can't ran games at 60fps on high/ultra like the 970 can still do. 

If if you have a 970 no one is going to oh wow you have a bad GPU.

I may have a terrible CPU but I can sell my 970 and get a better cpu and motherboard (Plus I saved up though it's not enough yet) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Can my second machine be up for this? It has a i5 2300 (maybe a slight bottleneck but should be fine) with 8gb of ram and most importantly...a GTX 560...that's a "crap"-ish card no? So pls give a broke high schooler who's spent all of the monies he earned since he was alive on techy stuff...(don't worry, my money management is fine, I've currently got $1000~ in da bank and it's been there since 2012 so yea...can't spend it cause I can manage money :D) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

8 hours ago, AlexTheRose said:

Usually when you buy a Broadwell desktop chip, you don’t go into that sort of investment with the idea that you’re eventually going to get a dGPU…

It came from a pre built system from Ibuypower didnt have a choice to much with the chip.

2 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

nah there's a file that you can make in windoes that goes into a text document that shows all system specs and other stuff. idk the name.

Yeah, dxdiag or aida64

Bam, that's my current build, but I plan on upgrading to a Xeon E3 1231 v3 and either that fury x or an r9 390 or something like that

because I'm an AMD fangay

DxDiag.txt

Well i got 2 GTX960s (evga ftw and msi gaming 2g...)...why the f**k am i commenting then??? Oh yeah.... I lag in minecraft (no surprise there) because i "only" have a i5 4690k with 2x4GB 1333cl9 ram and i have to run minecraft and a server (both with feed the beast). Although i dont think i need it (yeah if i get it i could sell my two 960s and my i5, buy an i7 4790k and better ram [16gb]). But still, give it to one of those that actually need an upgrade.

And also, nice move from you!

I have FX 6300 feat 7870 , thats pretty old gpu . well IF I win this fury , I will sold my 7870 to buy a better psu cause my psu is really really really not recommended  ! IDK why I still using it :/ . Thats my future plan IF I win this . I will make a video of the unboxing IF I win xD , 

I have a Intel i5-4460 and ASUS GTX960 Strix 4GB and 16GB of RAM

That's one hell of a giveaway. Great idea with the Amazon wishlist thing by the way. Makes the whole thing easier for both you and the winner.

My i5-2500K + Radeon 7850 combo could really use an upgrade at this point. I have already decided that it needs to be replaced before the end of the year. It would be really nice to not only get a new card without having to save up money, but to have a top-tier card for once would be glorious. Maybe I would finally be able to use Eyefinity without it looking like a PowerPoint slide show.

Edit: I got a question. You didn't mention any region restrictions (I assume shipping from Amazon is a restriction by itself) but have you factored in that price and shipping varies from country to country?

Just thought I should remind you of that so that this doesn't end up costing you way more than you originally planned.

my chances are higher in the random draws but:

I have a gtx 650 with 2 gigs of vram and my cpu is a intel e3 1230 v3 which is a i7 4770 equivalent. My cpu is definitly good enough but gpu is iffy when try to play on 4k monitor so just play League and CSGO on 1080p. 

also what is the cpu you used for the rig? thank you

I've got two 290s, Crossfire's a pain. :P 

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

@GreezyJeezy

I have neither a want nor a use for that graphics card as my sole workstation machine is a gaming laptop, but I just wanted to thank you for the giveaway! Hope the card finds a good home!

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I have a R9 390 so I am fine. Just wanted to say hi and good luck to all who enter. God knows how much an upgrade this would be for some people. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

On 4/14/2016 at 2:49 PM, Nacho Marco Segui said:

I am using a gt 210 right now XD, I can't use the iGPU of my 4790k because the mobo HDMI is broken

really lol i'll take it that an upgrade i'd gladly take if your really serious send me a private message and we can talk about it

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

btw this would be an amazing upgrade for me and i'd be grateful if I could get it 

Build Name:

Anton

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

On 4/14/2016 at 2:35 PM, GreezyJeezy said:

So I recently purchased the parts for a dedicated video editing rig and I had some leftover money, so my option was to save it or buy another fury X to crossfire with the one I currently have. But then I thought crossfiring really isn't that needed or really even that useful so I decided to give it away, I have not bought it yet the way I'll do it is have you put it on your Amazon wishlist and when you win I'll PM you and then you give me your wishlist Link, so i don't need you don't need to give me address that seems sketchy.(at least I don't think I see your address if I buy you it off your wishlist idk I never did that before) and that way it's sent right to you so any defects are not my fault. 

To enter you must have a rig that has a bad GPU or no GPU and a CPU that can handle the card. So just post your rig and why you want it and in 1 week I'll pick the winner and PM them.

goodluck everyone.

at 4PM on Thursday April, 21st the giveaway will be over and i'll get a mod to lock the thread. after that i will go over all the comments again and then pick the winner by the following monday, so the winner will get messaged anywhere from thursday the 21st to monday the 24th at the latest.

EDIT, sorry but i will not pick people who have accounts that are made after this giveaway started that have no other posts other than the comment on this. there has been a few like that and it is more than likely a person making more accounts to try to win. i apologize if you are a real person who just joined. but i WILL be doing more giveaways as time goes on, so be on the lookout for that, (they probably won't be as big as this one tho and not very frequent)

So here are my specs I have a 4790k (a decent cpu right?) ram is fairly decent 16gb at 1333mhz but my graphics card sucks a gtx 950 and I can't really afford anything better this would be of a great service to me please i'm begging you

Build Name:

Anton

- CRACK!