Does LinusTechTips have a partnership with Kinguin?

iCrushDreams
2 minutes ago, iCrushDreams said:

http://www.kinguin.net/blog/dark-souls-3-giveaway-with-linustechtips/

Does LTT have a sponsorship/partnership with Kinguin? It appears so, though I can't be sure since it doesn't give any details about it and they aren't listed on the sponsor page.

They are just as shady and grey as G2A, though.

wow, that is very shady indeed. Just their quote that LTT provides unboxing is shady at best nowadays. 

Unless I see official news, I wouldn't trust this. 

Shhh, before the mods use men-in-black deneuralizers on us

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

3 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

wow, that is very shady indeed. Just their quote that LTT provides unboxing is shady at best nowadays. 

Unless I see official news, I wouldn't trust this. 

...Why would you not trust a free give away from a reputable site, that uses an external, commonly used module for the give away?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Wow, there is no video on the LTT channel. I would think if they would partner for a give away they Linus would put a video up.

Duh_Tech

I am a computer and aviation enthusiast. I have a good enough PC. 

5 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

...Why would you not trust a free give away from a reputable site, that uses an external, commonly used module for the give away?

because linus never mentioned this you would expect him to if its a kinguin LTT partnered giveaway 

8 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

Simple reason that I haven't heard anything from LMG and that I never even heard of Kinguin either.

51 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

Simple reason that I haven't heard anything from LMG and that I never even heard of Kinguin either.

Kingpin is basically Chinese G2A, where as G2A is basically European Kinguin.

@nicklmg might know more. (See Nick L., I tag, you all the time on these :D)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, iCrushDreams said:

http://www.kinguin.net/blog/dark-souls-3-giveaway-with-linustechtips/

Does LTT have a sponsorship/partnership with Kinguin? It appears so, though I can't be sure since it doesn't give any details about it and they aren't listed on the sponsor page.

They are just as shady and grey as G2A, though.

No, we have no relationship with Kinguin (at least, to my knowledge, and I sure as hell should know about these things). This is NOT an official LTT activity, and the fact that it is being represented as one is incredibly upsetting. Apparently they're a shady company in more ways than one...

That link doesn't direct me to any reference of Linus Tech Tips... where did you find it? Any more info anyone has found anywhere? I need to make sure this gets taken care of properly, so I'd like to have some proof in hand when I speak with them...

11 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

No, we have no relationship with Kinguin (at least, to my knowledge, and I sure as hell should know about these things). This is NOT an official LTT activity, and the fact that it is being represented as one is incredibly upsetting. Apparently they're a shady company in more ways than one...

That link doesn't direct me to any reference of Linus Tech Tips... where did you find it? Any more info anyone has found anywhere? I need to make sure this gets taken care of properly, so I'd like to have some proof in hand when I speak with them...

I couldn't find the page, I suspect its been taken down now, but after some digging, here is a cached version for you;

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:svIVf7Rm9bYJ:www.kinguin.net/blog/dark-souls-3-giveaway-with-linustechtips/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

9 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

I couldn't find the page, I suspect its been taken down now, but after some digging, here is a cached version for you;

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:svIVf7Rm9bYJ:www.kinguin.net/blog/dark-souls-3-giveaway-with-linustechtips/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

Thanks. I'll have a few words with them over this...

Just now, nicklmg said:

Thanks. I'll have a few words with them over this...

No problem, I certainly wouldn't want my name associated with a site like this.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

It was on their blog.

Just to update here, this post was the result of a misunderstanding. Things have been cleared up, unfortunate situation but no real blame to be assessed.

To be fully clear, there is no partnership between our brands, and we do not have a plan to form one. If you are curious about the legitimacy of a partnership with LTT or LMG in general, please feel free to tag me here on the forum or on Twitter, @nicklmg, with questions.

Again this "grey and shady" Nonsense?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO