Disadvantages of consoles

I am an SSD

Yes yes i know the drill, but im having a hard time convincing my friend consoles are a bad idea. You see, she cites

1. Ease of use from couch

2. Exclusives that she wants to play 

3. No crashes glitches bugs hackers ... :/

And I cant use the price argument as she is filthy rich

I explained about the resolution, medium settings , low fps and everything, but for a casual gamer like her, these things dont mean much. So I need your help. 

Please give points, post links to videos and whatever else that can do a better job of driving the point home than me.  Keep in mind that we are talking to someone with 0 interest in the tech, only in the games.

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

If she wants to play console exclusive then I don't see any reason to convince her to not get a console..... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Price argument? most PC that can keep frame rates the same as PS4 are more expensive 

PC have wireless controllers

Call lizardsquad about console hacks

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

If she's filthy rich convince her to get both

just show her this video

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

The only real advantage is it can be upgraded, has multiple uses, and with enough money can out preform console. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

5 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Well, if she wants to play exclusives, she can't not get a console.

And if she wants a console, let her buy a damn console. Don't force your opinion on her.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

If she's filthy rich convince her to get both

youre missing the point man....there is no real way to convince a casual gamer about PC master race, is there?

Spoiler

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

Well, if she wants to play exclusives, she can't not get a console.

And if she wants a console, let her buy a damn console. Don't force your opinion on her.

Yeah I guess youre right....ill just shut up and stick to my PC

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

youre missing the point man....there is no real way to convince a casual gamer about PC master race, is there?

Have them play on pc, preferably a full triple screen setup, and see if they will crawl back to their console.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

if she's filthy rich tell her she can use that money to get MUCH more eyecandy on the pc.

orrrrr... just let her get s console and #deal with it.

here's some sunglasses to help you:

RayBanAviator.jpg

PS: i'd rather see someone with zero interest in tech screw up their console, than see them get a gorgeous gaming laptop, which then mysteriously gets dented all over, and is clogged with dust running at 105°c...

Just now, RedWulf said:

Price argument? most PC that can keep frame rates the same as PS4 are more expensive 

PC have wireless controllers

Call lizardsquad about console hacks

Consoles have wireless controllers

Spoiler

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

i think he meant "pc has wireless controllers as well"

in the sense of "you can couch game with a pc"

Just now, SLAYR said:

Have them play on pc, preferably a full triple screen setup, and see if they will crawl back to their console.

I have no triple screen setup...console it is then....this will pain me on the inside

Spoiler

Just now, manikyath said:

PS: i'd rather see someone with zero interest in tech screw up their console, than see them get a gorgeous gaming laptop, which then mysteriously gets dented all over, and is clogged with dust running at 105°c...

xD I dont hate her that bad

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

He said she listed ease of use from the couch as a console+ therefore the wireless devices for pc counter that claim. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

xD I dont hate her that bad

i dont hate my sister either, but her laptop makes my heart break...

beauty of a 19 inch gaming laptop, 8 years old but still a true powerhouse.

dents all over, she gets angry if i ask.

its completely clogged up with dust, the OS is bloated with random crap and registry errors, i'm not allowed to fix it for her.

Just now, manikyath said:

i dont hate my sister either, but her laptop makes my heart break...

beauty of a 19 inch gaming laptop, 8 years old but still a true powerhouse.

dents all over, she gets angry if i ask.

its completely clogged up with dust, the OS is bloated with random crap and registry errors, i'm not allowed to fix it for her.

Forget the OS, but the dust is kind of cringe....get compressed air and spray it all over the vents...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

Forget the OS, but the dust is kind of cringe....get compressed air and spray it all over the vents...

its no use, its disassemble or deal with it.

You see, some people don't care for playing on a PC.

It's not about them being ignorant, they just don't care. I kinda get where they're coming from. There's alot of good exclusive games and if someone just wants to play, I don't see why so many ignorant PC users have to convice people to switch to "their side" - it's almost pathetic. Both a console and a PC have downsides. 

If she wants to buy a console (oh god I hope it's a PS4 because the Xbone is a pos), help her get a good deal instead of praying how bad consoles are and how they're holding PC gaming back and yada yada yada.

144Hz goodness

Well from what you described about her it looks like that a console is the better option for her. Yeah sure a really good pc performs better but that is not how it works. It's all about personal preference and what suits you personally. What is good for you does not apply to everyone else. 

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Big advantages to PC gaming on a performance PC:

- graphics are great

- keyboard and mouse control is more accurate and more responsive in most genres (can still play with a gamepad if desired)

- mods means games can be made even better, and also that there's a ton of free content available

- cheap, quality games to be had from Steam / GoG sales, humblebundle, bundle stars

- a massive legacy game collection is available (pretty much all PC games ever made), and the platform supports games from all eras to still be played

- emulators means that even console games can be played on PC (just not PS4 / Xbone games... yet)

- a wider variety of types of games to play, including genres that don't exist on consoles

- can connect PC to TV if desired, and use a gamepad. So, couch playing is still possible

- better and more popular integration with gamer communities and discussions

3 hours ago, RedWulf said:

The only real advantage is it can be upgraded, has multiple uses, and with enough money can out preform console. 

Even a budget PC has as much power as a console.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Perhaps I'm missing something here but if money isn't the issue then what's the problem with getting a console for the exclusives and a PC for everything else?

I rarely use my PS4 but it's not exactly expensive, especially compared to what people drop on their graphics cards alone.

Shrug, limit yourself to one if you really want to (if space and money are an issue is a separate argument).

Let her play whatever she wants. 

Tell her it's best played naked with a friend, and join the real master race. 

3. Is a Myth. 

And yes, Consoles suck b*@#z.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO