Disadvantages of consoles

I am an SSD

The ease of use argument has flipped against the consoles IMO.  Every time I use one of my consoles there are a multitude of updates required, updates that do not take advantage of the full speed of my network, cannot be done in the background, and frequently require a system restart.  I buy a new game and I'm looking at upwards of an hour of updates on a console before I can play the game using the disc that is already sitting in the console.  With Steam, all of my game updates and most of Steam's updates happen in the background as soon as I start up the software.  When I decide to play a game, I just click the icon and it runs.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

17 hours ago, I am an SSD said:

Keep in mind that we are talking to someone with 0 interest in the tech, only in the games.

Then in my opinion what's most likely to work is focusing on the framerate. Resolution and graphics details are just going to sound like academic bullshit to someone like that, but doubling the framerate is a gigantic change in what the game actually feels like to play. And find a way to show her what the difference is, not just tell.

At the end of the day, if she just wants a console, that may have to be good enough. Can't change everyone's mind. PCs do have some disadvantages when played from a couch, not all games support that very well. And it's pretty hard to argue with someone who really wants to play console exclusives.

On 30 March 2016 at 10:02 PM, I am an SSD said:

I have no triple screen setup...console it is then....this will pain me on the inside

Why will it pain you on the inside? Some people have no interest in PCs or PC Gaming, your friend sounds like she's one of them and honestly it doesn't matter. Life goes on...

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

On 30/3/2016 at 2:48 PM, I am an SSD said:

3. No crashes glitches bugs hackers ... :/

Uhh, I have experience ALL of those in consoles. 

Soo.. yeah, No.

Mystery is the source of all true science.