Watch Dogs 2 will be AMD optimized - AMD's Roy Taylor on Twitter

5 hours ago, zMeul said:

this is why we can't have nice things

why can't AMD, nVidia and UBi just optimize the game for PCs?! you know .. DX12, Vulkan a Linux version

no?!

why do we need to keep trading nVidia's bullcrap for AMD's and vice-versa

This is why we can't have nice things.

Why can't every news poster be fair, knowledgeable, friendly and unbiased, you know?

Why do we have to keep dealing with duplicitous, agressive fanboys who unnecessarily attack other people on what used to be a better place, the LTT forum before people like zMeul showed up ...

OT: I think that the words "Highly Optimized for AMD" might be meant as an implication of the DX12 support ....

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

5 hours ago, zMeul said:

because open source automatically translates to better performance?! oh please .. -_-

Open Source means there is nothing in the way of Nvidia being able to have game ready drivers on day one.

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

can i disable TressFX, GameWorks? I should, because I don't give a shit about fluff

yes, both in Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb raider you can disable TressFX.

Certain Gameworks features such as Nvidias voxel based lighting system used in Rise of the Tomb Raider can NOT be turned off. Although that one doesnt really impact AMD any noticeable amount.

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nvidia already screwed over everyone with GWs, its runs badly on Nvidia hardware and even worse on Nvidia AMD hardware.

Perhaps AMD want to try and clean that mess up and release something that does the same thing but in a way which works well for everyone, can be adjusted by anyone to work with anything and so people don't have to pay for the privilege of fucking up their game.

fixed it for you.

Just now, zMeul said:

fanboy of what, mate?!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, its dangerous and usually results in an injury.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

first of all I believe we knew this for at least a month,

second of all Tomb Raider 2013 was a Gaming Evolved title

so is GTA V and Battlefield and Battlefront, don't see people complaining about those

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

fanboy of what, mate?!

dunno.... are you fan of padded rooms?

Cuz you seem to have a few anger management issues that needs professional help to be sorted out.

its not good for you if you stay angry about the same things for decades.

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

dunno.... are you fan of padded rooms?

Cuz you seem to have a few anger management issues that needs professional help to be sorted out.

its not good for you if you stay angry about the same things for decades.

What?!

But it is rational hate?!

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

do we have any evidence here of AMD screwing NVIDIA users in watchdogs 2?

do we have any evidence that the dev is integrating any particular graphical effects which will cripple NVIDIA or which NVIDIA cannot optimize?

do we have any evidence that the devs are not optimizing for NVIDIA too?

because if not then what is this thread about. For all we know this could be an AMD gaming evolved title like battlefront or Alien Isolation which runs well on both NVIDIA and AMD (yes I know it's Ubisoft).

all this thread is based on is an article which Roy linked about watchdogs 2 being DX12 driven and being promoted as such by AMD.

so let's not have an over reaction. Ubisoft normally has a marketing and gameworks agreement with nvidia, but they work with both GPU vendors and normally fail at optimizing for either LOL. But they have improved of late, since watchdogs and assasin's creed unity things have got better.

4 minutes ago, Humbug said:

do we have any evidence here of AMD screwing NVIDIA users in watchdogs 2?

do we have any evidence that the dev is integrating any particular graphical effects which will cripple NVIDIA or which NVIDIA cannot optimize?

do we have any evidence that the devs are not optimizing for NVIDIA too?

because if not then what is this thread about. For all we know this could be an AMD gaming evolved title like battlefront or Alien Isolation which runs well on both NVIDIA and AMD (yes I know it's Ubisoft).

all this thread is based on is an article which Roy linked about watchdogs 2 being DX12 driven and being prompted as such by AMD.

so let's not have a spectacular reaction. Ubisoft normally has a marketing and gameworks agreement with nvidia, but they work with both GPU vendors and normally fail at optimizing for either LOL. But they have improved of late, since watchdogs and assasin's creed unity things have got better.

the only thing i know that gave nvidia some trouble was the first implementation of tressfx  in tombraider which cause some problems on nvidia cards but since the code was available it was fixed in 2-3 days if i remember right.

I hope this game is DX12 exclusive.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

if they wanna do something like that they will be better served with Vulkan.

otherwise they can only sell to windows 10 users.

6 minutes ago, Ashaira said:

the only thing i know that gave nvidia some trouble was the first implementation of tressfx  in tombraider which cause some problems on nvidia cards but since the code was available it was fixed in 2-3 days if i remember right.

ya also since then tressfx tech has become more performant in subsequent releases. First version was too heavy in general regardless of AMD or NVIDIA. I brute forced it using an R9 290 but it wasn't an ideal implementation...

6 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Why would we want that? And at any rate. Games in the past have been released with the options to switch between API, so if they aren't lazy we might see that.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

8 minutes ago, Humbug said:

if they wanna do something like that they will be better served with Vulkan.

otherwise they can only sell to windows 10 users.

well there is what, 300 million + win10 users?

retailing at 59.99 USD or something, i am sure there is just about enough Win10 users to be able to pay back the costs and turn a small profit for ubisoft.

Also, consoles will prolly get this game too.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

retailing at 59.99 USD or something, i am sure there is just about enough Win10 users to be able to pay back the costs and turn a small profit for ubisoft.

Also, consoles will prolly get this game too.

The day I get Windows 10 is the day Windows updates don't count towards my internet quota/kill my internet speed. And I'm not the only one with that problem (which is where physical copies of games are also good. 5x on a DVD drive (in my case since my new 22X drive fell apart) is a lot faster than all bar 4G and fiber, and 4G costs shitloads and few people have fiber (here in Australia at any rate).

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

The day I get Windows 10 is the day Windows updates don't count towards my internet quota/kill my internet speed. And I'm not the only one with that problem (which is where physical copies of games are also good. 5x on a DVD drive (in my case since my new 22X drive fell apart) is a lot faster than all bar 4G and fiber, and 4G costs shitloads and few people have fiber (here in Australia at any rate).

to be fair that is a problem with isp's being dicks and not microsoft or win 10.

Just now, Ashaira said:

to be fair that is a problem with isp's being dicks and not microsoft or win 10.

Windows 10-forced updates, as in there is no option to disable or download them when you want to. MS is just a much a part of the problem.

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

dunno man.... not sure 5x DVD drive will match a 83MB/s 4G connection + 25MB cable connection working together....

1x DVD is 4.5MB/s

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Why would we want that? And at any rate. Games in the past have been released with the options to switch between API, so if they aren't lazy we might see that.

To have a proper DX12 game. If the game support both DX12 and DX11, it mostlikely doesn't propely support DX12, but rather is a DX11 game with DX12 logo stuck on the side.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

2 minutes ago, Tomsen said:

To have a proper DX12 game. If the game support both DX12 and DX11, it mostlikely doesn't propely support DX12, but rather is a DX11 game with DX12 logo stuck on the side.

like Gears of War

3 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Windows 10-forced updates, as in there is no option to disable or download them when you want to. MS is just a much a part of the problem.

Don't be so uniformed, if you don't push them back you can schedule them for whenever you want. Mine defaults to 3:30 AM because i never use my computer at that time

33 minutes ago, Prysin said:

if we consider the steam survey as roughly representative of PC gamers then about 35% of all PC gamers use windows 10. Most publishers who spend massive money on AAA game budgets will not restrict themselves to that market. They will use DX11 or Vulkan so that they can hit windows 7 and 8 users as well. The exception would be Microsoft published games since they have a strategic objective to push windows 10 and windows store adoption.

26 minutes ago, Prysin said:

dunno man.... not sure 5x DVD drive will match a 83MB/s 4G connection + 25MB cable connection working together....

1x DVD is 4.5MB/s

Cost of the 4G connection. Eg. 25GB@$150/month

PMSL