I dont feel like gaming at all. Why?

Butterfish

I am in need of a genuinely good quality multiplayer shooter to appear and take off with a good community.

I mean a new game altogether, not CS or Quake, I like TDM mode in BF3, but the community is very toxic and the netcode is not good enough to get serious about the game.

I somewhat agree, though i found Metro: Last Light freaking awesoooome!

i love the concept, i played stalker soc and cop and i loved them. I just fell that it could be more free. i like the mechanics on stalker cop but you can see that they were in a tight budget, since is not very polish. i overreacted a little bit calling them bullshit, is just that games seem to be taking the path of   +morebettergraphics/-lessfreedom and simplier mechanics, etc

I have had this problem.... Its really sad for myself. I grew up without a lot friends and the only reason we had anything in common was because we all played games. Then somewhere about 10th grade summer just came around and I was gearing up for another summer of gaming, (mostly at the time it was world of warcraft raiding and long nights of COD multi-player) It was the first day of summer and I woke up early to log in and get my summer off to a big start. About an hour into playing wow I suddenly felt very distant from the game. It almost was an annoyance. But I shook it off and kept playing. It grew worse and worse over the next hour. It drove me mad! So I played something else. Same problem, I went through my entire game library over the next few hours. I ended the day completely depressed. I had come to the sudden realization that many of my older friends before me had. It's just a game, and people need much more than games in their lives. For a lot of people gaming fulfills their social interaction with others, maybe the entertainment needed, or both. That's really all there is to gaming, entertainment and in multi-player cases social interaction. Now if you have all these needs fulfilled in your daily life by other things. Well what do you need gaming for? In fact you might feel like gaming sucks. Its might be that you feel like your missing out on real life entertainment or just everything else cause instead you are playing video games. It was a sad day when I realized this. I do miss the days when I would start gaming before the sun was up and still be going long after the sun went down.

I like you am hardware obsessed, I';m currently sitting on two high end gaming rigs (about 1,500-2,000 a piece), I almost cant help it. And its not often I game these days. I do try, but its never what It was when I was younger.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

I love building pcs but I sure as heck in the past did not get enough use out of them to justify the purchases but over the last 6 months gaming is getting to be more entertaining for me but part of the problem I have is I am just not a good gamer and so I can't play coop games much with my brother cuz I can't keep up and the other issue I have is getting my son to play something other than NHL series games on console or TF2 on pc.  I rent games that my son says he will play with me and then doesn't.  I also have rented games for just myself and have trouble playing them cuz deep down I am still afraid to fail too much still.  I mean I am slowly getting over that but my God whether it is games or something else I wish I could find something in life that I am really good at.  The only thing I can do that is a skill is build pcs and so I guess that is why I keep building them to show my kids I can do something but I need to learn to use them more not only for gaming but I need to learn to use a pc for a real purpose.  Eh anyway ....

Oh and one more thing ....

A massive library games may seem cool at times as you have so much to choose from to play but it also can be overwhelming.  I wish at times I didn't own so many damn games.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I've had the same problem lately. The solution I found was to play online with friends! that always makes it more fun!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I love pc tech and want to build cool stuff all the time, i also spend hours upon hours watching youtube vids of pc hardware. 

Because of my addiction to this, i have a 2000 dollar gaming pc, and a 27" 2560x1440 at around 700$. My only problem is that even though i got all this crazy hardware... i just don't feel like gaming? I dont know if im the only one who feels this way, but it doesn't take more than 10-15 min of gameplay, until i'm back on the desktop, browsing the interwebs. I want to play games, but i just dont feel like it. Sounds weird i know.

Anyways, my point is to hear if any of you guys feel/felt this way, and maybe have a suggestion to get back into gaming mode.  :P

Cheers,

Its pretty simple, youre not playing the games you want to play. You haven't discovered the niche games you do want to play or feel impulse to play. Like for example, me I was kinda like this and still am kinda like this because I really didn't want to play much, until I picked up league of legends. That game had me hooked by the (...what do guys call it "By the balls?" lol?) anyways and its all I wanted to play, 10~15 hours a day.

You just goitta find a game that gets your hooks in and then you'll be gaming more than meandering.

Also you could be more of a bencher. I know I had the benching bug when I first got my brand new custom notebook. I benched it and overclocked and tweaked it for weeks before settling down into games. People whom buy games and high power rigs and play small amounts of games generally want to actually see it perform like guys who build hot rods and custom bikes do. so you get a lot of games you like messing with and seeing the high performance. You can do that with benching as well. I have a bunch of benchmarking software that has seen more traffic than most of my steam games.

You want to be involved with the gaming and enthusiast overclocking community but that doesn't mean you have to actually sit down and play games solidly. Maybe you just wanna have your rig perform and bench?

Maybe you havent found that  game that's really hooked you yet.

Also this is more personal and it might not apply, but you could be battling depression or a mood disorder that affects your attention and enthusiasm for desires and interests. There's a few types of depression that could manifest this issue but its not all that common as the reasons above.

Amazing replies guys! You got me thinking real good, the positive way ofc!  ;)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I have had this problem.... Its really sad for myself. I grew up without a lot friends and the only reason we had anything in common was because we all played games. Then somewhere about 10th grade summer just came around and I was gearing up for another summer of gaming, (mostly at the time it was world of warcraft raiding and long nights of COD multi-player) It was the first day of summer and I woke up early to log in and get my summer off to a big start. About an hour into playing wow I suddenly felt very distant from the game. It almost was an annoyance. But I shook it off and kept playing. It grew worse and worse over the next hour. It drove me mad! So I played something else. Same problem, I went through my entire game library over the next few hours. I ended the day completely depressed. I had come to the sudden realization that many of my older friends before me had. It's just a game, and people need much more than games in their lives. For a lot of people gaming fulfills their social interaction with others, maybe the entertainment needed, or both. That's really all there is to gaming, entertainment and in multi-player cases social interaction. Now if you have all these needs fulfilled in your daily life by other things. Well what do you need gaming for? In fact you might feel like gaming sucks. Its might be that you feel like your missing out on real life entertainment or just everything else cause instead you are playing video games. It was a sad day when I realized this. I do miss the days when I would start gaming before the sun was up and still be going long after the sun went down.

I like you am hardware obsessed, I';m currently sitting on two high end gaming rigs (about 1,500-2,000 a piece), I almost cant help it. And its not often I game these days. I do try, but its never what It was when I was younger.

This describes me the best. I also feel distant from the game/games and it annoys me! It really does. Guess i got more need for real life entertainment than virtual.. though i can't really get why, since i dont have a "bad" social life in my opinion  :huh:

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

I have sort of the same problem, I just can't get myself to play games at all. I usually sit around watching youtube videos (tech / league of legends / drumming) and have facebook and skype open, chatting a little. 

If I decide to play something, it's usually League of Legends, and never alone. I haven't played alone since level 17. (30 now). I always play with at least one friend. I just don't find it entertaining enough. and I bought ArmA III last night, not even sure why. 

I haven't played much League lately either, mostly due to my internet being quite bad, it went from 12/1 to nothing, then (if I'm lucky) 1/0.1 and 90 ping, and if I use anything else (as in Skype) the ping in game goes to like 240. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

regulate your games more. dont sit on 1 game for 13 months straight, jump between 4/6 different games with different types to keep your mind more active.

Example, Go bf3, Starcraft2, Wow, Sims, Tetris ext.

it keeps your mind active and stops your from getting sick so fast

This is what I do to get from being bored.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

+1 to those who suggest jumping between different games. I myself play more than one genre just to spice things up every now and then. Playing with friends certainly does help, whether regular multiplayer or co-op. But on the odd days when I don't feel like gaming, I either study / research or do something considered to be a break from gaming. Something like exercise will suffice.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

+1 to those who suggest jumping between different games. I myself play more than one genre just to spice things up every now and then. Playing with friends certainly does help, whether regular multiplayer or co-op. But on the odd days when I don't feel like gaming, I either study / research or do something considered to be a break from gaming. Something like exercise will suffice.

I should make a rule saying that everytime i dont feel like gaming, i should study and exercise. That way i will enjoy gaming so much more!  :D

Main Rig
Phone

Perhaps it's a sign that you're getting older and your priorities are changing.

Now get off my lawn!

Perhaps it's a sign that you're getting older and your priorities are changing.

Many older dudes still spent hours in their moms/grandma basements playing games.

Ive got soo many games on Steam, Origin, Uplay and didnt played half of them. Last games that got me were Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Terraria. Kinda getting hyped on Giana Sisters remake...

Its not that we're getting older or something - most games are just copies of other. Zombie games, War fighting games, racing...  Its all getting monotonous. Have to admit indie games add something new to it, but that aint enough. I wanna see a game when you play it trying to get the bad guy but he wins in the end.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I'm in the same phase at the moment, i just put it down to being the games not being good enough to keep my attention when i am in this kind of mood. i have loads of games i can be playing right now, picked up the humble bundle last week, and was impressed with trine 2 and fez and that ninja game....even picked up the remake of castle of illusion and quite enjoyed it. but they didn't hold my attention for more than 20mins to half an hour.

Shame really because i only got a 7970 two weeks ago

PES and FIFA are out this week i should be occupied for a little while with them, football games are my usual go to games when I'm bored with gaming and with PES14 being pretty decent this year I should be a bit happier.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

it's hitting me right now, I've been on the forums and youtube for the last 10 hours or so and I keep thinking I'll play a game, close firefox and open steam, look at my games (even the ones I've yet to even play) and just reopen firefox.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You could always just give the machine to me if you don't want to game.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I have noticed this in a few people. A good friend of mine has just said that he has "evolved" from gaming and only plays table top stuff. Sounds like arrogant elitest bs to me! I have been gaming since 1994 and have never stopped. Why? for one i am crazy, and second i add something to games that doesnt come in the box.

What you need is not a new game but a goal! By goal i am not talking setting up a time table and force feeding yourself pc gaming goodness, but roleplaying. I agree that there are some games out there that are cookie cutters or just rehashed games of old. I have played almost every type of genre that nothing is really new to me. But i don't give up. What you, and everyone, needs is some creative roleplaying! Make up a name for a character, give him a backstory, think how he would act in a certain way. This can be applied to any game. It just gives something else in my opinion. I play so many different games that i am always finding myself moving to another after i played enough of one. But the times i really never want to give up is when i havent played morrowind in years, i wake up, plop the cd in the computer and name my guy brokeface and roam the area as a traveling orc who makes money off of stealing your silverware, drinking all the wine he can find, and atempting to bang all da ladies. GET CREATIVE!

Im exactly the same.. I think its because I have no friends who play pc so it isnt as much fun playing alone :/

Intel i5 4670k @4.2 GHz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz 16GB, Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8GB, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, NZXT Switch 810, Asus MX34VQ, Asus MX239H.

This happends to me every once in a while, just take a break man .. seriously relax.. watch some movies, jump into new genres u would otherwise watch.. watch some TV shows (breaking bad for action community for comedy i watched these when i took a month break earlier) go out and take some useless unnecessary test (cpr, security) just to bump your morale xD

but  seriously just take a break, wait until these insane games come out in the next few weeks/months

Just fyi, i have depression and i get that way sometimes. Once i started a new bipolar medication i went from playing all the time to now having about 15 games i bought in the last year and not playing but 2 of them. It's just something that is always worth looking into.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

This happends to me every once in a while, just take a break man .. seriously relax.. watch some movies, jump into new genres u would otherwise watch.. watch some TV shows (breaking bad for action community for comedy i watched these when i took a month break earlier) go out and take some useless unnecessary test (cpr, security) just to bump your morale xD

but  seriously just take a break, wait until these insane games come out in the next few weeks/months

The problem is that i have already watched all the good tv series xD 

Main Rig
Phone

I know that feeling. I recently installed linux (9d ago), and have not played a single game yet. Installed steam and stuff, but have not gamed. Somehow I don't really seem to miss it at the moment as well, which is even weirder.

I love pc tech and want to build cool stuff all the time, i also spend hours upon hours watching youtube vids of pc hardware. 

Because of my addiction to this, i have a 2000 dollar gaming pc, and a 27" 2560x1440 at around 700$. My only problem is that even though i got all this crazy hardware... i just don't feel like gaming? I dont know if im the only one who feels this way, but it doesn't take more than 10-15 min of gameplay, until i'm back on the desktop, browsing the interwebs. I want to play games, but i just dont feel like it. Sounds weird i know.

Anyways, my point is to hear if any of you guys feel/felt this way, and maybe have a suggestion to get back into gaming mode.  :P

Cheers,

I'm in the same boat. I love fast technology too and I can't stomach most games these days. If you're anything like me, I think they have to be exceptional games or it's quits after few minutes.  Most recently I've played Telltale's Walking Dead and Tomb Raider...I loved these games...nothing else has caught my attention after that.

you need friends to game with, mate

and you need to play games which really drive your emotions