I dont feel like gaming at all. Why?

Butterfish

I love pc tech and want to build cool stuff all the time, i also spend hours upon hours watching youtube vids of pc hardware. 

Because of my addiction to this, i have a 2000 dollar gaming pc, and a 27" 2560x1440 at around 700$. My only problem is that even though i got all this crazy hardware... i just don't feel like gaming? I dont know if im the only one who feels this way, but it doesn't take more than 10-15 min of gameplay, until i'm back on the desktop, browsing the interwebs. I want to play games, but i just dont feel like it. Sounds weird i know.

Anyways, my point is to hear if any of you guys feel/felt this way, and maybe have a suggestion to get back into gaming mode.  :P

Cheers,

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Are you playing with friends? It makes it much more fun when you have someone to play with.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I'm also hoping that gta v, battlefield 4 and so on will kick me back in gear  ;)

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

I'm the same, I thought I was just burnt out and that if I just take a break for a few weeks and not play anything that all would go back to normal. That hasn't been the case, I've even got a bunch of games that I got from various sales and the indie bundle's and I haven't even played them yet. When I'm looking through my games list and I see one that I haven't even installed yet I think "Why don't I give it a try, I'm bored so it couldn't be worse than that" but then I never end up playing. I've been like this for awhile now, actually before I even built this PC that I'm on. When I got it all assembled and updated and ready to go I played 3 different games for about 20 minutes each and then got off. I have a few theories as to why this is happening as far as I'm concerned but it's nothing I'm willing to speak about.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I love pc tech and want to build cool stuff all the time, i also spend hours upon hours watching youtube vids of pc hardware. 

Because of my addiction to this, i have a 2000 dollar gaming pc, and a 27" 2560x1440 at around 700$. My only problem is that even though i got all this crazy hardware... i just don't feel like gaming? I dont know if im the only one who feels this way, but it doesn't take more than 10-15 min of gameplay, until i'm back on the desktop, browsing the interwebs. I want to play games, but i just dont feel like it. Sounds weird i know.

Anyways, my point is to hear if any of you guys feel/felt this way, and maybe have a suggestion to get back into gaming mode.  :P

Cheers,

Try to get a break a bit,maybe you're just bored of all latest current gen games. Next gen will kick soon there will be finally games to be played that will offer something more than narrow corridors( i hope so)

Yea i guess so.. I tried taking a break from time to time, but it doesn't really change anything. Here in the summer holidays i decided it was time for a change, so i started playing the first assassins creed. It quickly caught on and i blasted through all the games. After that... well, back to doing nothing. 

Main Rig
Phone

Im feeling the same thing. I just need to really find a catching game like portal was.

I agree with you I would love to see a portal 3 that would likely be the first game I pre-order ever if they ever release it

Gaming is kinda dying on me atm.. I don't play like I used to.. Old games were better than some newer games. The older Need For Speeds (Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, etc.) IMO are better than the newer ones.

Gaming is kinda dying on me atm.. I don't play like I used to.. Old games were better than some newer games. The older Need For Speeds (Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, etc.) IMO are better than the newer ones.

Isn't that because they are kinda spitting out the same stuff every year?

Main Rig
Phone

I was like this, over time my freetime was used less for gaming, and more for reading tech reviews or watching build videos etc.

Started to get worried that I wouldn't want to game after building a new PC, and at the start I was right. But all it took was to find the right game, Fallout 3/NV for me, and I'm hooked again. Got just short of 40 hours played in the past week, so must be doing something right.

Look into games, if no big titles are interesting, look into the smaller indies, I recently played Gunpoint and it was amazing, completed it about 5 times.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Isn't that because they are kinda spitting out the same stuff every year?

Did your tried Splinter Cell Blacklist? Awesome game  It's great fun in co-op too

regulate your games more. dont sit on 1 game for 13 months straight, jump between 4/6 different games with different types to keep your mind more active.

Example, Go bf3, Starcraft2, Wow, Sims, Tetris ext.

it keeps your mind active and stops your from getting sick so fast

Character artist in the Games industry.

regulate your games more. dont sit on 1 game for 13 months straight, jump between 4/6 different games with different types to keep your mind more active.

Example, Go bf3, Starcraft2, Wow, Sims, Tetris ext.

it keeps your mind active and stops your from getting sick so fast

Good advice, i should try that. I also feel like i'm kinda "forced" to play games that are demanding, since i have a system that needs to be maxed as much as possible. Otherwise it's a waste of powerful hardware. Sadly, i find a lot of demanding games boring  :unsure:

Main Rig
Phone

I get you, I only game like 2 hours a day 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I get you, I only game like 2 hours a day 

Still way more than me!  :P

Main Rig
Phone

Still way more than me!  :P

but most of the time your doing other stuff like editing photos or videos right? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

but most of the time your doing other stuff like editing photos or videos right? 

Nope, browsing youtube, facebook and this forum 

Main Rig
Phone

And the only time of the day i want to play games is while i am at school xD 

too bad my laptop sucks ballz

Main Rig
Phone

Good advice, i should try that. I also feel like i'm kinda "forced" to play games that are demanding, since i have a system that needs to be maxed as much as possible. Otherwise it's a waste of powerful hardware. Sadly, i find a lot of demanding games boring  :unsure:

i play runescape on a desktop built for graphics rendering and it can play games like crysis 3 on ultra settings at 60fps on a 2k screen

Character artist in the Games industry.

i play runescape on a desktop built for graphics rendering and it can play games like crysis 3 on ultra settings at 60fps on a 2k screen

Holy shit! Talk about overkill xD

Main Rig
Phone

completely normal since 9.9/10 games are 100% bullshit

Everybody was like wow wow wow metro last light, or bioshock infinite, wow wow are the best games eva, when i played them was like... meh, meh meh, boooooring. If i want a cool story i would just grab a book and read it. Im a very patient person, and games nowdays seem very rushed, and linear

I need a intense multiplayer to keep me busy, i play dota 2 but you need a similar skilled team and oponents to have fun. And most of my friends play like garbage, so i get bored eventually too.

completely normal since 9.9/10 games are 100% bullshit

Everybody was like wow wow wow metro last light, or bioshock infinite, wow wow are the best games eva, when i played them was like... meh, meh meh, boooooring. If i want a cool story i would just grab a book and read it. Im a very patient person, and games nowdays seem very rushed, and linear

I need a intense multiplayer to keep me busy, i play dota 2 but you need a similar skilled team and oponents to have fun. And most of my friends play like garbage, so i get bored eventually too.

I somewhat agree, though i found Metro: Last Light freaking awesoooome!

Main Rig
Phone