Steak "doneness"  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your meat cooked?

• Rare
    • Medium Rare
    • Medium
    • Medium Well
    • Well Done

I am bored in Spanish class and now asking this random question.

Medium

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I use to order medium to medium well. But anytime I'm with friends or family and order all the girls in the group, for w/e reason, rant and pressure me to get well done. No matter the restaurant, who I'm with, or type of beef (steak, burger, etc.) 

now I just get it well done to avoid being yelled at :'(

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

So long as it doesn't moo and squirm off my plate, I love it!. (so, all of the above for the survey)

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I like my steak like I go in on girls...

that doesn't make sense.

Well, I like them raw.. or rare..

Love it rare.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Usually I have medium to medium well, although I often order medium rare. Really depends on what I'm hungry for.

44 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

I use to order medium to medium well. But anytime I'm with friends or family and order all the girls in the group, for w/e reason, rant and pressure me to get well done. No matter the restaurant, who I'm with, or type of beef (steak, burger, etc.) 

now I just get it well done to avoid being yelled at :'(

What... why would they yell at you for the way you like your steak?

Medium Rare in my opinion is the best way to eat Steak. Getting it well done is just wasting a good steak ;) 'Course, a good cook can still make a halfway decent well done steak, but you're just losing so much flavour and texture that way.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

What... why would they yell at you for the way you like your steak?

Medium Rare in my opinion is the best way to eat Steak. Getting it well done is just wasting a good steak ;) 'Course, a good cook can still make a halfway decent well done steak, but you're just losing so much flavour and texture that way.

At first it was just "are you sure?" and "I think you would prefer well done" but the more I argue the more it went from mere suggestion to demands lol

I didn't want to bother arguing with people right before I ate. The only time I finally ignored them and told the waiter to change it to medium...I get food poisoning xD now I can't fight without having that 1 time brought up.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

8 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

At first it was just "are you sure?" and "I think you would prefer well done" but the more I argue the more it went from mere suggestion to demands lol

I didn't want to bother arguing with people right before I ate. The only time I finally ignored them and told the waiter to change it to medium...I get food poisoning xD now I can't fight without having that 1 time brought up.

I highly doubt that Steak was what caused you to have food poisoning - in fact, you might have just gotten sick through other more pedestrian (meaning: normal) means.

The only time a Medium cooked steak can give you food poisoning is when the meat itself is tainted for some reason - and then in that case, you shouldn't be eating said meat, even if it's well done.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I highly doubt that Steak was what caused you to have food poisoning - in fact, you might have just gotten sick through other more pedestrian (meaning: normal) means.

The only time a Medium cooked steak can give you food poisoning is when the meat itself is tainted for some reason - and then in that case, you shouldn't be eating said meat, even if it's well done.

I know -that was part of my defense- but my case of dysentery still weakened future arguments for me. 

never cook steak, bake it instead.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I like them medium

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I like it cooked just long enough to put some grill marks on the outside. :D

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

7 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

never cook steak, bake it instead.

isn't baking a form of cooking? o.O

I like it Medium well but if in I am eating somewhere new I get it well done!

Hello

Medium - Medium well. Depends on who's cooking it and where.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 minute ago, GeekJump said:

isn't baking a form of cooking? o.O

He's trying to be funny, let him.

Just now, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Depends on who's cooking it and where.

Agree

Hello

For me it depend on the piece of meat. So rare or medium rare.

Blue/rare. Man you guys are making me want steak. What cuts do ya'll like? 

This should be in the food thread too. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?