DIY Paint Booth Construction

4 minutes ago, d33g33 said:

or he's taking tips from Dexter...

you should seen it live

the chat was a mess

everyone was yelling about how he was doing it and no one was reading the directions

it was glorious

1 minute ago, Josephdalepi said:

you should seen it live

the chat was a mess

everyone was yelling about how he was doing it and no one was reading the directions

it was glorious

Sounds like a pretty standard day in Twitch chat to me :P

Just now, nicklmg said:

Sounds like a pretty standard day in Twitch chat to me :P

fair point

still a glorious mess

given, this is why i greatly prefer lukes livestreams

We need to use a lot of pressure.

You've been eating a lot of M&Ms, why don't you lean on it.

Hope you have a comfy couch cause you're going to be spending a few nights on it.

Soylent ! It's not people............. yet

Damn, I hate the fact I missed the live broadcast. As a yt-video, this is kinda boring. The Twitch chat really adds a lot to content of this type.

Do not feed.

In the video you said that the box fan will "exhaust air" but isn't this a bad idea? If you use the fan to suck air out of the paint booth then, the air has to be replaced with something and it will suck outside air and inherently dust though any gaps in the plastic that it can.. Shouldn't you use the fan to push filtered air into the booth and kinda inflate the booth like a ballon? Similar to positive case pressure vs negative case pressure.

4 hours ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

Damn, I hate the fact I missed the live broadcast. As a yt-video, this is kinda boring. The Twitch chat really adds a lot to content of this type.

Unfortunately this was streamed like, 4 days before chat replay launched :( haha.

8 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Unfortunately this was streamed like, 4 days before chat replay launched :( haha.

Dammiiiiiitttt

Do not feed.

Tried to watch on Twitch, but my connection crap out. and totally forgot about it. :ph34r:

Is this a heavy edited one, cause the one on Twitch is almost 2 hours long.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Ooooh I really like custom painted stuff.  A lot.  Can't wait to get a bit of free time to watch the video.

wanshowsnes.jpg

wanshowsnes2.jpg

zeldan64.jpg

zeldanes.jpg

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Great video. I just made one my self but did modify it so that I did not have to prop the fan on a ladder.

IMG_20160214_074828.jpg

I thought this was a B-Roll station, did linus just troll his Twitter followers? A good B-Roll set would be nice to have in the studio too. 

• 4 months later...

Anyone know if the livestream for this is still available somewhere? I can't find it in the past broadcasts for the LTT Twitch Channel :/

Downdraft is the best and ideally you want to filter both the intake and exhaust air.  Side draft is very common for parts painting, basically a C shape, room air is drawn in but that can introduce contamination to the paint.