Mass Effect: Andromeda pushed back to 2017

FakezZ

There is already very little shown about this game and now it got delayed even further. It was expected to be released by the end of 2016, but at this presentation EA CFO announced it will be out in the 4th quarter of the financial year, meaning January to March 2017... It seems like they do have a new Battlefield game and a cross-platform Titanfall due for this year so that's good :P

Whatever, I hope they make sure it is a good release on all platforms and, of course, a good game. If they have to delay it to make sure that it is up to standards, then so be it...

maxresdefault.jpg

Source: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/136938-another-big-ps4-and-xbox-one-delay-mass-effect-andromeda-not-coming-until-2017

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Sigh, we all knew it would happen end 2106 was too good to be true.

Still better that then something rushed! Also gives me more time to upgrade the rig for then :P

Also, its using frostbite, so hopefully it will look as good as SW:BF .

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

7 minutes ago, Nup said:

Sigh, we all knew it would happen end 2106 was too good to be true.

Still better that then something rushed! Also gives me more time to upgrade the rig for then :P

Also, its using frostbite, so hopefully it will look as good as SW:BF .

I don't know if I would be alive to enjoy it then :P

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Damit! All the games I've really wanted and got delayed turned out to be utter bollocks, each and every single one of them. so if my luck continues........ Mofo! 

Just now, FakezZ said:

I don't know if I would be alive to enjoy it then :P

Whoops! that would be a shame, wouldn't it :P

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I hope they take the extended time to remove the Mako from the damn game :3

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

When it comes to major franchises I love, even though I hate waiting, I'm glad for the delay. Gives them time to fix bugs and stuff

But ME:A already lost a lot of major figures attached to it (all of who said the game was right on schedule before they left). Now we get a delay? I really hope they weren't lying to be nice before they left lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Ah , the delay.

Let's just hope it will be good.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

:(  This makes me sad. Mass Effect is my favorite series and I am hyped for this game.

Though with no other games interesting me this year I have a chance to try to get through some of my backlog. ADD and steam sales don't mix.

I was actually expecting this since what little content they showed off so off seemed way too early in development for them to hit their target release date of end of 2016.

I don't mind delays as long as they're using the time to make the game better.  Better that than releasing something unfinished and dealing with the consequences that come with that.

7 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I'll take a remastered ME1 and 2 as a bandaid. :)

I'd rather a remastered trilogy with all the DLC included.  I honestly bought the entire trilogy on ps3 plus the DLC even though i already owned the base games on PC because that was still less than half the price of buying the DLC with stupid Bioware points on PC.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Maybe they want to reach new heights of gameplay by including a yellow ending.

I loved the original trilogy, but damn the third game sucked. One button does it all, meaning, sprinting, jumping and covering with space bar. I think 90% of the times I died was due to sprinting to a cover position, only to jump it instead face first into an enemy gun.

And then the mother of all shitty endings. My gameplay completely destroyed the entire "logic" of the ghost baby thing.

In other words, they really have to win me back.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

13 minutes ago, TW1ST3R said:

I don't mind delays as long as they're using the time to make the game better.  Better that than releasing something unfinished and dealing with the consequences that come with that.

I'd rather a remastered trilogy with all the DLC included.  I honestly bought the entire trilogy on ps3 plus the DLC even though i already owned the base games on PC because that was still less than half the price of buying the DLC with stupid Bioware points on PC.

The entire trilogy would be sweet of course. Just figured the first two would be more realistic. Not sure how ME1 would survive the procedure. 

We're not that far into 2016, I'm a little surprised they announced a delay to 2017 this early into the year.

Wonder how much of it is "We need more time" and how much is EA wanting to release the game in a less crowded time of the year.

4 hours ago, KE2012 said:

Damit! All the games I've really wanted and got delayed turned out to be utter bollocks, each and every single one of them. so if my luck continues........ Mofo! 

I got the opposite experience. All the games that came out rushed turned out to be utter bollocks while most of the games that I like are delayed but turns out to be really good.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

I would rather have it pushed back then to deal with some of the day one abominations we have had the past few years.

This makes me sad since I love mass effects, but at least it is getting the time and polish it needs

1 hour ago, ApolloEleven said:

I got the opposite experience. All the games that came out rushed turned out to be utter bollocks while most of the games that I like are delayed but turns out to be really good.

Then  let's hope your luck is better than my luck eh? 

I'm okay with this. Mass effect is my favorite and the most memorable game franchise I have ever played. ME3 It is the only game to ever make me cry, and calapse in my chair. I want them to get it right. Everything I have read so far is great and can't wait for e3.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

5 hours ago, Snadzies said:

We're not that far into 2016, I'm a little surprised they announced a delay to 2017 this early into the year.

Wonder how much of it is "We need more time" and how much is EA wanting to release the game in a less crowded time of the year.

Probably both.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

1 hour ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

mass effect is dead to me after what they did with me3

They more then made up for it with all their post launch actions and content.