Any Sub zero cooling systems under $415

So I'm planning on selling my x99 godlike gaming motherboard. I owe someone $35 , so, say, I get a REALLY bad deal on it, and I get, say 450 for it, and I give the 35 away, what are some sub zero cooling systems under $415.

thanks

IMG_4878.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I assume you want something 24/7 which leaves you with phase.. and TEC I guess but that's horribly inefficient.

You'll have a hard time finding a single stage at $415 that will hold x99.

1 minute ago, harrynowl said:

I assume you want something 24/7 which leaves you with phase.. and TEC I guess but that's horribly inefficient.

TEC will not get sub zero at all and uses way too much power

phase change coolers are closer to $1k

the other option is a liquid chiller, which can be found for pretty cheap, but that will just keep the PC at around ambient under load, not sub 0

theyre not supposed to get sub 0 because then the water can freeze

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

the other option is a liquid chiller, which can be found for pretty cheap, but that will just keep the PC at around ambient under load, not sub 0

I know. TEC is just a cheap way to get things cold.

And as noted he is going to have a hard time finding a single stage for x99 at $415. he's in the wrong country. a single stage won't keep the actual cpu itself under 0c anyway at load. he'd ideally want a rotary unit for x99

Are you near the arctic circle? if so just buy some insulated tubes and pumps and cool it with some 1F ocean waterxD but I don't think you'll get sub zero under load with <$500 or even $900

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

IMG_4878.jpg

24/7

1 hour ago, harrynowl said:

doesnt have to be below 0

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

yes

exactly

1 hour ago, harrynowl said:

And as noted he is going to have a hard time finding a single stage for x99 at $415. he's in the wrong country. a single stage won't keep the actual cpu itself under 0c anyway at load. he'd ideally want a rotary unit for x99

rotary?

links plz?

49 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

Are you near the arctic circle? if so just buy some insulated tubes and pumps and cool it with some 1F ocean waterxD but I don't think you'll get sub zero under load with <$500 or even $900

no.

usa

7 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

rotary?

links plz?

no.

usa

Type of compressor. Will eat like 1kW and make a racket. Those little devil cases will not really be much use for a 5960X before someone suggests those. They only use a 1/3hp compressor and it will struggle with any kind of decent overclock. 

And no links. I don't live in the states so haven't bothered to look. HWBot marketplace is the best place to get second hand single stage systems in the states though.

3 hours ago, harrynowl said:

Type of compressor. Will eat like 1kW and make a racket. Those little devil cases will not really be much use for a 5960X before someone suggests those. They only use a 1/3hp compressor and it will struggle with any kind of decent overclock. 

And no links. I don't live in the states so haven't bothered to look. HWBot marketplace is the best place to get second hand single stage systems in the states though.

12 hours ago, RedWulf said:

12 hours ago, harrynowl said:

12 hours ago, Enderman said:

I'm going Tec, seems cheap.

I don't want it exactly below 0. 

Well I mean I do.

I'll.explain. 

Having the temps under0 will cause condensation. Unless I can combat that with kneeded eraser or such, I can't use actual negative temps. However, if I can't, then I will be fine with temps that's perform still well compared to a kraken x61 on a 5960x.

12 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

no.

usa

I assume you mean Continental USA, my suggestion was merely a joke but just to be clear the upper portion of Alaska(usa) is in the arctic circle 

AlaskaMap.jpg

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

3 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

I'm going Tec, seems cheap.

I don't want it exactly below 0. 

Well I mean I do.

I'll.explain. 

Having the temps under0 will cause condensation. Unless I can combat that with kneeded eraser or such, I can't use actual negative temps. However, if I can't, then I will be fine with temps that's perform still well compared to a kraken x61 on a 5960x.

do you pay your power bill?

7 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

No. But I pay for the pc components

If you're going to run TEC 24/7 you might want to tip into the power bill

4 hours ago, harrynowl said:

TEC is not very power efficient.

Just dump an aio on it. you're wasting money otherwise.

I have a anio on it. I want lower themps tho.

kraken x61

hey homie

anyway

tec isnt power efficient at all

6 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

hey homie

anyway

tec isnt power efficient at all

i mean i havea  1500 watt psu.

as long as it gets the job done.

Just now, Bajantechnician said:

i mean i havea  1500 watt psu.

as long as it gets the job done.

bills

Just now, Kendrick said:

bills

still.

lol

i mean were paying like 100 a month already.

dont think 10 will make a big difference

i once saw a guide where someone canibalized an A/C unit for phase change cooling , but are you willing to do that...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

i once saw a guide where someone canibalized an A/C unit for phase change cooling , but are you willing to do that...

Don't have the expertise or materials to do so

2 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

@W-L

Thanks again :)

There isn't really a low cost way of going sub zero other than say if you were to have cold winters but then there are problems with condensation as with any sub zero cooling. You can potentially go a peliter unit but it needs to be double the amount(wattage) of the heat generated by the component which make it highly inefficient.

As suggested to most effective would probably be is to part out a window AC unit.

If your just wanting slightly lower temps going with something like a custom loop can be more effective due to the larger amount of rads you can install.