GLOBAL COOLING? 60% MORE ICE?

AustinKZombie

-Edit-

Anthropogenic climate change is a hoax.

Also there is a cycle in which the temperatures of the north and South Pole change together but in the opposite direction. In this cycle the North Pole will experience a cold period and the South Pole will experience a less cold experience (even when warming happens in either of the poles the situation can’t exactly be described as warm) and vice versa.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Anthropomorphic climate change is a hoax.

Human-Like weather ? Probably means something else when used with weather

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

in before hippies start complaining about "Global Freezing"

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Human-Like weather ? Probably means something else when used with weather

oops anthropogenic*

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Thats Eskimo peoples work! They are trying to take over the world!

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

A person commented literally nabbing the words out of my mouth so I'll go ahead and quote it here for you folks:

"This article is a lie: Artic sea ice is up 60% from last year because last year was the lowest it has ever been. This years sea ice coverage was still waaay lower than the average. Just because one year happens to better than the last does not mean that the ice cap still isn't shrinking, it just means it had a good year. Look at the trends (from actual scientific literature), you'll see this. Secondly, ICPP didn't hold a crisis meeting. That's a straight up lie. They even said to David Rose that they would not be holding any meetings, especially not in response to one of his articles. He still chose to lie and say that they did though, shows the reliability of this guy. Thirdly, global warming is still in effect. There has been no cooling. You can see the data, the literature, from all across the globe. I know climate change is a widely debated topic, but if all the evidence against global warming is this, then you're in serious trouble. Look at the science, not the media."

Rather than demonstrating a global warming or global cooling affect being in place I think what this more clearly defines is how useless some of the computer models that are used to predict the weather in the future are. The weather on our planet is far too complex a system with far too many variables for us to accurately understand at this moment in time.

The horrific branch of science that is climate science (horrific because it has been infected with politics and agendas) use junk experiment to produce junk data which are fed into junk models and surprise surprise, they produce junk results.

It is like a giant heartbeat. I hope that blew your mind.

Things get colder one year, and hotter the next, personally I think of it as a spinning top, or like Cosine, swinging back and forth from one extreme to another. 

Or Alternating current. Whatever.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It is like a giant heartbeat. I hope that blew your mind.

Things get colder one year, and hotter the next, personally I think of it as a spinning top, or like Cosine, swinging back and forth from one extreme to another. 

Or Alternating current. Whatever.

Or like Microsoft with there Xbone One lol

in before hippies start complaining about "Global Freezing"

oh god i hate hippies

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

A person commented literally nabbing the words out of my mouth so I'll go ahead and quote it here for you folks:
"This article is a lie: Artic sea ice is up 60% from last year because last year was the lowest it has ever been. This years sea ice coverage was still waaay lower than the average. Just because one year happens to better than the last does not mean that the ice cap still isn't shrinking, it just means it had a good year. Look at the trends (from actual scientific literature), you'll see this. Secondly, ICPP didn't hold a crisis meeting. That's a straight up lie. They even said to David Rose that they would not be holding any meetings, especially not in response to one of his articles. He still chose to lie and say that they did though, shows the reliability of this guy. Thirdly, global warming is still in effect. There has been no cooling. You can see the data, the literature, from all across the globe. I know climate change is a widely debated topic, but if all the evidence against global warming is this, then you're in serious trouble. Look at the science, not the media."

dont you love cherry picked data, every seems to say there an expert on climate change - but in truth most people opening there mouth about it hasnt really spent time in the climatology field.

Its the same thing poeple keep saying its the sun's fault for climate change 

Its all about those volumetric clouds

You say "proves" here. I can't really see how much evidence for global warming OR cooling proves anything that would happen on a hundreds of thousands year scale.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

the earth has peaked its global warming curve a few years ago, it just takes a little time to start the cooling again. one can not simply view global temperatures from a single mans life time. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

OMG I am tired of this debate.  Here is your answer.

The sun goes through 2 phases, an 11 year and 120 year series of sun spot activity.  We are at the peak of the 120 year cycle, which means we see drastic extreme weather, very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter.  We as humans could not even contribute enough to change our climate even 5%.  Mostly everything that happens to our climate is from mother nature or solar activity.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Heating water up will make it cool faster when there's less heat around (say, during night time or winter seasons), that's the mpemba effect for you.

That doesn't mean we (or the sun) are not heating the planet up.

Cheers,

Linus

I don't think it was a hoax at all, I think they went OTT with whatever results they got from what ever tests they were carrying out.

But remember this, the earth goes through a cycle of warming and cooling, this has happened for tens or hundreds of millions of years in the past and will certainly in the future as well regardless to whether we add to it or not.

It doesn't matter if it was a hoax or not, we should actually pay attention to our planet because it is the only one we have, cars, aircraft and ships run cleaner.

Powerstations are running cleaner and in my opinion, if it WAS a hoax, is that a bad thing, lets think about it for a few minutes.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

very gold in the winter.

Where is this gold you speak of?  :P

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

Global warming is real. If you dont want to listen to real scientific opinion, written in scientific peer reviewed journals, then gtfo. You might as well join Jenny Mcarthy and start telling me that vaccinating your kid will cause autism. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Where is this gold you speak of?  :P

You wouldn't want that gold mate :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Global warming is real. If you dont want to listen to real scientific opinion, written in scientific peer reviewed journals, then gtfo. You might as well join Jenny Mcarthy and start telling me that vaccinating your kid will cause autism. 

Because peer review necessarily adds credibility...