Microsoft has an a new app which will compare your face to a dog breed

AlTech

Microsoft has a new Garage team app. The app is called "Fetch" and will compare your face with dog breeds and will try to find the closest match.

It looks pretty damn good.

harpo-microsoft-fetch-2016-02-12-01.thum

Unfortunately the only people who can download the app at the moment are iSheep but hopefully it'll come to Droids and Windows 10 Mobile.

Goddamnit Microsoft! Ahhhhhh!

I love the idea of the app but I'm disappointed that the [insert adjective here] people are a bunch of hypocritical assholes. It's a Microsoft app, it has to be on Windows Mobile or people are gonna give you grief! some People might get a little bit angry and might act up.

fetch.thumb.jpg.31bec960af3f1c2e451e2f58

Artificial intelligence

(AI) is getting pretty good at identifying people, but before it starts looking for Sarah Connor, Microsoft's Garage team is having fun with it. Last time, the group released an app that (poorly)

guessed your age

, and the latest app,

Fetch

, determines what dog breed you'd be based on your photo. It sometimes makes canny matches, but on the other hand, three different pictures of the same person (below) yielded three different breeds of dog -- an Afghan hound, a Cairn terrier and a Beagle, so it's lacking in consistency.

Leave a comment below!

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/12/microsofts-wacky-ai-app-matches-you-with-a-dog-breed/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

wait why would microsoft create an app for iOS only? shouldn't it go to windows mobile first, then others, preferrably android first?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

wait why would microsoft create an app for iOS only? shouldn't it go to windows mobile first, then others, preferrably android first?

Well, think about it. The people who work on the garage team aren't the smartest people in the world.

They've also made apps which were android only before.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well, think about it. The people who work on the garage team aren't the smartest people in the world.

i guess. maybe they think since it's ios, the second most used mobile os, it's probably gonna work the best on it or some shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd imagine it would just straight up say "bitch" for me.

<sarcasm> Ha ha. Very funny</sarcasm>

2 hours ago, thekeemo said:

I want a cat version

I agree but not so much right now, a few minutes before I had to leave for school my mentally retarded cat decided it would be a good idea to claw my foot up rather badly so I would be late...  

Just now, Iamdarkbowser said:

I agree but not so much right now, a few minutes before I had to leave for school my mentally retarded cat decided it would be a good idea to claw my foot up rather badly so I would be late...  

My cat has made me miss more appointments then I care to mention..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

Lets just call it correct placement for the "target audience"

Couldn't resist trying this, I'm apparently a Rottweiler.

I used it a bunch with the same picture, got the same dog, refreshed the page got a new dog. Their 'advanced AI' is a randomizer that only starts when the page is new.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

Their garage and research teams have free reign to what ever they want as long as some the company tech is put to use in some form or another, in this case machine learning image recognition, but the reason they focus on iOS and android more with apps from these teams are experimentation purposes, they are trying to find what works and what doesn't to bring to their own platforms, at least that what they said when the press ask them last year.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

7 hours ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

Their garage and research teams have free reign to what ever they want as long as some the company tech is put to use in some form or another, in this case machine learning image recognition, but the reason they focus on iOS and android more with apps from these teams are experimentation purposes, they are trying to find what works and what doesn't to bring to their own platforms, at least that what they said when the press ask them last year.

That's business-speak for "we need to reach the bigger audience or our jobs get canned". Whereas Microsoft should be pushing apps on their platform. Everything MIcrosoft produces needs some kind of presence in the Windows Store, otherwise all that effort of pushing people into Windows 10 was for nothing. That's why they upgraded everybody, even people that used cracked Windows 7 installations, to Windows 10 while making Windows 10 apps run on both the desktop OS and Windows 10 mobile. Microsoft needs content on their app store and they aren't even putting their own stuff on it.

It's about making their ecosystem the one that people want to use. Think about the integration of iOS devices with OSX devices. Microsoft wants to go beyond that and let you run your mobile apps on your desktop. Look at that thread about cross-platform releases on Xbox One and Windows 10 through the xBox appliacation in the Windows Store. They want one ecosystem, but they don't even release everything that they produce on it. And that is so aggravating, because if Windows 10 mobile worked like it should, then I would absolutely buy a phone running it. But when even MICROSOFT doesn't trust it to do that, how can I (and how can app developers)?

Edited by Fetzie
rant

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I tried 3 pics and got 3 completely different breeds. This isn't tech this is a motherfucking number generator.

-------

Current Rig

-------

One question

Why is this a thing? The people at Ms have too much time apparently :P

(I know there are people who think this is interesting and I don't mind)

22 hours ago, terrytek said:

microsoft garage is an "on your own time" kind of deal or something like that as far as i know, similar to google's 15% thing. Its all for fun, so it doesn't matter much

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Great. Now go fix Windows 10.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub