Abbott Wins - RIP Aussie Internet

So yeah.. Tony Abbott defeated big Kevin Rudd and as I'm sure you Australians out there know, Abbott intends on keeping the current copper network for a long time and is proposing the HUGE 25MB/S SPEEDS by 2019. UNPRECEDENTED IMO.

/sarcasm

Seriously, his plan with the 'partial' implementation of the NBN is illogical and the fact that they want to connect up the optic fibre through the ground, just for it to be bottlenecked by the copper network by the time the connection actually reaches a home is ridiculous. 

"25 megs is going to be enough - more than enough - for the average household". - Quote from our new PM.

I'm on about 9mb/s download speeds and 0.32 upload. Yes... 0.32 and I live literally across the road from Telstra's broadband tower (Suburban area with ADSL2+)

I hope things change but honestly, this is disappointing.

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Think yourself lucky, I barely get 1mb/s download...and like 0.1 upload most the time...

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Well people like this just do not understand the internet so this will happen. I feel for you bro but I have worse internet than you and I am in Central London. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

To be honest i'm not surprised, i already knew liberal was going to win, despite having hope by some chance labor won. But alas Australia has lost its first and hopefully not last chance to upgrade its internet infrastructure. This stupid cut-down version of the NBN is just a small patch for the bigger problem and that is that the copper network is too old to handle the increasing consumption of digital content by Australians.

Whether they like it or not, we're going to HAVE to get the labor's version of the NBN down the track and its just going to waste more time and money to convert this crap version of the NBN to what we should've had at the beginning. Funnily enough Abbott himself said that implementing the NBN with FTTH is a waste of time and money, but realistically his version of the plan is just going to waste more time and money down the road. Politicians know nothing about technology, too busy argueing at each other in parliament. >.>

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

:o Just woke up and totally forgot about the election.

BTW, I'm on 100mbit down (about 14MB/s according to speed test(should be 12.5)) and I have never achieved that speed downloading from any website or source.

Max speed I have gotten would be 5MB/s.

For my average Joe blow usage I'm perfectly happy with my internet speed. But I guess for someone who is running a server / website then I understand why they would want fibre... and also there are some places that are just terrible with internet speeds.

Even if KRudd was to win, he would have been back stabbed again by someone else in his party. And to be honest I didn't want KRudd or Abbott to win at all. BUT speaking from a practical point, I believe Abbott's party would be able to manage our current debt better than Labor.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

damn i feel sry for that connection speed i just got free upgrade from 20Mb to 60Mb on virgin media fiber 

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

That sucks for you Aussie friends. Over here we are about to go Gigabit where I live.

Abbott sounds like someone who isn't ''with'' it if you get what I mean.

My end of the scale...

My freshly built new place has new copper, on ADSL2+ (24Mb/s /1Mbps max) I can sync 23336/1123

Another end of the scale...

I go to a mates house, he "gets his source" internet from a wireless dish, then around his house via wireless router.

Talk about double data rate loss! Its shockingly bad! I brought his PC to mine his internet was THAT bad 256Kb/s wireless incoming. then re-sending via wireless around the house...seeing 200Kb/s or less.

Worst case scenario but god I couldnt live like that....

Averaging 10-14Mb/s usually in my older places and being semi not-comfortable at 15Mb/s being a power user, its not enough, downloading linux @ full speed, while youtubing the install process and having other pc's around the house doing their internet thing for other residents.... 15Mb/s was barely cutting it.

24Mb/s now where I live as stated...., 3 people in this place, still not enough for 2 power users and 1 motherly video streamer.

If this is the best I can get for the next few years, esp after hearing the plans for fttn/nbn bullshit.(which also seems to be a huge fucking fail on the Aussie polititians part).... thats atrocious!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I'm pretty confident (and hopeful) that before the next election the Aussie public will realize the mistake they've made by electing this idiot. I know all the opinion polls had the Libs winning, but I'm still dumbfounded...

I wonder how quickly the PM changes this if he won't be able to stream a 4K video from like YouTube or something. (Although I'm not entirely sure idiots like this can even tell the difference between 360p and 4K)

I wonder how quickly the PM changes this if he won't be able to stream a 4K video from like YouTube or something. (Although I'm not entirely sure idiots like this can even tell the difference between 360p and 4K)

Seeing he can't use 'suppository' in context, you're probably right.

I think the guy is right. In the end, the internet is just a series of tubes.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

its just as well i already have the NBN. but i feel your pain

2872966783.png

Desktop 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2GHz Mobo: Asus X99 Strix GPU: 2x Asus Strix 970 RAM: 32GB Corsair vengeance 2400MHz, SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB, 2x Intel 520 256GB HDD: 2TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv atx Tempered Glass Monitor: Asus PG278Q, Asus PB278

Laptop 

Spoiler

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 256GB 8GB RAM

Server 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2620 v4 Mobo: Asus X99-A RAM: 32GB Corsair vengeance 2400MHz SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) RAID Controller: Adaptec RAID 81605ZQ, HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL HDD: 12x WD 4TB Red Case: Norcotek RPC4224

Just embarrassing for our country.

Terrible internet with no scope

Terrible environmental plan with no scope

Terrible plan for education and students like me who need to pay for university with no scope

Terrible social approaches with no marriage equality and no scope.

Tony Abbot and Malcolm Turnbull have NO perceivable knowledge about technology or electronic content. '25-50mbps is enough for EVERY home and business'. NO - it isn't. It's so foolish and has only been done to cut costs and use that as an as excuse.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Wait, is it 25MBps or 25Mbps? 25MBps would equal 200Mbps which is "enough", but judging by the outrage I am assuming that it is 25Mbps.

Anyways we all "need" gigabit, especially if we are going to use the same infrastructure for the next 5-10 years.

Edit: Yup, it is mbps. So much for good internet.

"No signature"

:o Just woke up and totally forgot about the election.

BTW, I'm on 100mbit down (about 14MB/s according to speed test(should be 12.5)) and I have never achieved that speed downloading from any website or source.

Max speed I have gotten would be 5MB/s.

For my average Joe blow usage I'm perfectly happy with my internet speed. But I guess for someone who is running a server / website then I understand why they would want fibre... and also there are some places that are just terrible with internet speeds.

Even if KRudd was to win, he would have been back stabbed again by someone else in his party. And to be honest I didn't want KRudd or Abbott to win at all. BUT speaking from a practical point, I believe Abbott's party would be able to manage our current debt better than Labor.

You do realised due to the stimulus plans and the debt plans that Labor implemented, our debt levels are now negligible? In terms of gross debt, we're ranked 3rd in the world, that's amazing considering that Australia is a First World Country. 

So don't go on about crap like our "debt". Rudd would have been better than Abbott by a long shot, he/Labor actually gives a shit about the citizens of this country and doesn't forget that there are severaly disadvantaged people like single mothers/father, people in massive debt, etc. and the macro economic management, budget cuts, "let's-ignore-the-environment" plan, etc. only hurts the citizens of Australia, sure with Liberal in power, major businesses such as Coca Cola will make more money but that doesn't translate into more money/better living conditions/better economy for the country. 

If you want a summary of Liberal vs. Labor in terms of their major policies/ideas, go to http://dontbeafuckingidiot.com

On another note, I thought we would have LGBT rights for once, oh well... it was only a pipe dream. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Think yourself lucky, I barely get 1mb/s download...and like 0.1 upload most the time...

Im  on 2Mb/s. Wont say its bad because i remember 56k modem times.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Wait, is it 25MBps or 25Mbps? 25MBps would equal 200Mbps which is "enough", but judging by the outrage I am assuming that it is 25Mbps.

Anyways we all "need" gigabit, especially if we are going to use the same infrastructure for the next 5-10 years.

mbps. 25 megabits per second, which isn't enough for the future. Don't worry though, they'll ONLY charge you a few thousand dollars to upgrade from copper to fibre between the node and your house, of which you will forfeit when you move and have to pay for again if your new house doesn't have it.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I wore a tinfoil hat the election.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

mbps. 25 megabits per second, which isn't enough for the future. Don't worry though, they'll ONLY charge you a few thousand dollars to upgrade from copper to fibre between the node and your house, of which you will forfeit when you move and have to pay for again if your new house doesn't have it.

Well, that sucks. I guess that I should have expected it.

"No signature"

Abbott makes want to cry myself to sleep at night praying he wont appear in my nightmares like freddy krueger. I just feel as if he is bad for the AUS people. 

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -