GTX 980ti or Titan X

SullyBOP

Hi

I'm planning on building a PC somewhere near August/September time and I was contemplating whether to get a GTX 980ti or a Titan X

The Build that I have in mind is:

Intel Core i7 6700K

MSI Z170A M7 Motehrboard

12GB EVGA GTX TITAN X SC GAMING or 6GB MSI GTX 980 Ti Twin Frozr 6G GAMING

Corsair AX860i

WD 2TB Back HDD

Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD

Corsair DDR4 32GB Vengeance (2400)

Corsair H1ooi GTX CPU Cooler

I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter

Thank you

For gaming? 980ti (In my opinion EVGA or Gigabyte)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

980ti.  Cheaper and when overclocked, it can perform better than a TItanX.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Titan Z

also by August/September

AMD Polaris will most deffinately be released and nVidia Pascal will likely be aviable as well

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

get the KINGPIN edition if your considering spending 1,000... 

4X titan Z, and a titan X for PHYS X card. 

this guy diggs it

also with 1080p display for Hearthstone

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Thank you for the comments

I will consider the 980ti more than the Titan X

Hi

I'm planning on building a PC somewhere near August/September time and I was contemplating whether to get a GTX 980ti or a Titan X

The Build that I have in mind is:

Intel Core i7 6700K

MSI Z170A M7 Motehrboard

12GB EVGA GTX TITAN X SC GAMING or 6GB MSI GTX 980 Ti Twin Frozr 6G GAMING

Corsair AX860i

WD 2TB Back HDD

Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD

Corsair DDR4 32GB Vengeance (2400)

Corsair H1ooi GTX CPU Cooler

I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter

Thank you

Definetly get the 980 TI, it performs only a tad slower than the Titan but is much cheaper, and performs very close when overclocked.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

no, TitanX is basically just the 980ti with 12GB of VRAM (which it can't even fully use, just like 390 can't 8GB)

did anyone actually read his post?????
Wait untill you want to build it, at that time, both nvidia and amd might very well have most of the new Cards on the market...

none, pascal and zen will be close by that point, just keep saving your money

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

did anyone actually read his post?????

Wait untill you want to build it, at that time, both nvidia and amd might very well have most of the new Cards on the market...

so is it better to buy the newest cards that Nvidia brings out at around that time?

none, pascal and zen will be close by that point, just keep saving your money

Probably not the 980ti replacement though. Remember that the Titan X launched 3 months before the 980ti. The 980ti replacement is a good year away I bet.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

so is it better to buy the newest cards that Nvidia brings out at around that time?

Yes, atleast wait untill you actually want to build the pc, and take a look at whats on the market at that time.

Btw: remember to follow your own thread ;)

Yes, atleast wait untill you actually want to build the pc, and take a look at whats on the market at that time.

Btw: remember to follow your own thread ;)

Like i said I'm planning on it so I'm still finding parts but that's just an initial base for it ;)

So when the time comes ill have a gander at what's on the market at the time and get the best one do you reckon?

Like i said I'm planning on it so I'm still finding parts but that's just an initial base for it ;)

So when the time comes ill have a gander at what's on the market at the time and get the best one do you reckon?

Remember that if you just go off what's the newest there was a time the 980 was the best, as with the Titan X. Don't go off what's new, go off what is the best price to performance.

Remember that if you just go off what's the newest there was a time the 980 was the best, as with the Titan X. Don't go off what's new, go off what is the best price to performance.

Lets say there was a card that was called 1800 and then months later a 1800ti came out, do reckon waiting it out and getting the 1800ti would be better as that would only be a little more expensive than the 1800 and if overclocked it could be similar to the new titan lets say that would come out?

Lets say there was a card that was called 1800 and then months later a 1800ti came out, do reckon waiting it out and getting the 1800ti would be better as that would only be a little more expensive than the 1800 and if overclocked it could be similar to the new titan lets say that would come out?

It's a futile waste of energy to worry about what might be. I bought a 980ti last week, couldn't be happier. I have 90 days of protection where if I want to upgrade I can, the money I paid for my 980ti is transferred to the new card by EVGA. If in 91 days a replacement releases that's more powerful, big whoop. I can then make the choice to sell my 980ti, of hold onto it.

When you build buy the best graphics card you can. If you want 90 days of protection get a EVGA.

It's a futile waste of energy to worry about what might be. I bought a 980ti last week, couldn't be happier. I have 90 days of protection where if I want to upgrade I can, the money I paid for my 980ti is transferred to the new card by EVGA. If in 91 days a replacement releases that's more powerful, big whoop. I can then make the choice to sell my 980ti, of hold onto it.

When you build buy the best graphics card you can. If you want 90 days of protection get a EVGA.

Thank you, much appreciated! I'll go for an EVGA card and when the time comes I'll buy the best card I can afford 

By the time August rolls around we might see a Pascal launch.

The i7-6700k is a really bad purchase. It's often as expensive or more expensive than the i7-5820k. Unless the price comes down I would recommend either a i5-6600k (for budget cpu) or i7-5820k (for performance cpu). 

32GB of ram is overkill unless you really need that RAM (rendering or 100 chrome tabs)

980 ti . The higher clocks means it beats the titan X in gaming  And you wont need the 6gb extra ram or the extra cuda cores for gaming.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

If you are doing computational data. overclocking the card will produce more errors, so the Titan X will be better. For gaming, you will not notice the small errors, so overclocking has no downside besides lifespan.

980 ti

/thread

Also, get the 2TB blue, it performs the same if not better for half the price of the black.

Really??

I heard WD's new blue line up is the old green line up.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

They're still current. It was the caviar blue they stopped. Now it's just blue.

WOW, thanks for the info dude...

Did not meant to go hush on you but really I do not trust WD green drive,.,,even though I am currently using one....

It has some "unpleasant " noise coming when I downloading files onto it.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.