The Endgame Invisible Desk PC by DIY Perks

I thought I would post this here as obviously Linus and team have built a few desk PCs in their time. The cooling solution here is of particular interest I think, and an approach LTT could totally play with and maybe even get Labs involved for testing the efficiency, etc. 

Cool desk.

I do wish he had experimented with a single row of heatsinks, either with no fans or with 60mm / 80mm fans, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My version of invisible PC, put the case behind the wall or cupboard. 😬

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

30 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Cool desk.

I do wish he had experimented with a single row of heatsinks, either with no fans or with 60mm / 80mm fans, though.

I was thinking this too. It would have been good to see testing of the heatsink solution before he fit it all into the desk!

I feel like not having any monitor adjustment would make this an ergonomic nightmare, especially since it looks like the panel already leans a few degrees forwards in some shots..

Cool. Though yeah ergonomics for monitor would annoy me quickly. If I'd make this, I'd make it potentially on monitor arm and in general larger cutout for space and to fit the mousepad.

But while these adjustable desks are cool in general, they kinda lack depth, like any desk.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

First of all I really hate this idea that you need to push maximum power levels to be "high end" but that's just not how it is.

The 4090 running 500w is only going to be like 10% faster than 250w, it's stupid to double your power for 10% more performance.

Same thing with the 14900k, ok maybe not the same thing, maybe Intel is just inefficient but the idea is, compared to a 7950x3d it's only like 10% faster for more than double the power.

It's not about the electricity bill obviously, it's also just the waste heat. Sure if you live in a $10M mansion with a huge gaming room and super advanced smart HEVC system it won't be a big deal, but that's just another level of extravagance.

If it was me I'd use an HEDT platform and tune the components for "max Q" if I could borrow that term. Instead of 14900K and 4090 at max power setting.

All valid points I think. I definitely agree with the monitor ergonomics, you'd need some adjustable bracketry to make that easier on the neck 😁. I also agree with the whole max power thing, but I think that's just the extent of some people's knowledge in regard to pc building. It's akin to the US "muscle car" approach over the European "tuned" approach.

On 5/26/2024 at 1:34 PM, Poinkachu said:

My version of invisible PC, put the case behind the wall or cupboard. 😬

I built mine into a wall cabinet, including the flip table and cables are all hidden. When the cabinets are closed you don't see my gaming setup in the living room. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)