GTX 980ti or Titan X

SullyBOP

It's normal for HDD's to make some noise as the head moves across, but it shouldn't be excessive.

Oh... I see...

Have you use any WD green drive before???

How long does it last???

I think I am gonna replace it with a new one within the next 2 years...

I do not want it to die on my hand...Coz I have some files and photos I do not wanna lose on it....

I have been using this one for just a year.......

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

no, TitanX is basically just the 980ti with 12GB of VRAM (which it can't even fully use, just like 390 can't 8GB)

I agree, going with the 980ti rather than the TitanX. To get the full operation of the TitanX, you are looking at 32GB RAM. When i got one, I was experiencing issues until I read the requirement. Now I have 32 GB ddr4 in my system and they didn't came cheap

Requirements
  • Minimum of a 600 Watt power supply.
  • An available 6-pin PCI-E power connector and an available 8 pin PCI-E power connector
  • Total Power Draw : 250 Watts
  • PCI-Express-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot

300 MB of available hard-drive space

8 GB system memory (16 GB or higher recommended) 8 GB or 16 GB doesn't do it for the card!

I agree, going with the 980ti rather than the TitanX. To get the full operation of the TitanX, you are looking at 32GB RAM. When i got one, I was experiencing issues until I read the requirement. Now I have 32 GB ddr4 in my system and they didn't came cheap

Requirements

• Minimum of a 600 Watt power supply.
  • An available 6-pin PCI-E power connector and an available 8 pin PCI-E power connector
  • Total Power Draw : 250 Watts
  • PCI-Express-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot

300 MB of available hard-drive space

8 GB system memory (16 GB or higher recommended) 8 GB or 16 GB doesn't do it for the card!

I think you've confused two separate issues here. Getting a graphics card to run at its maximum ability doesn't require it to fill its VRAM - that would produce a bottleneck as the card would then need to draw from system memory, which is much slower.

It's exceedingly rare for my 980Ti to pull more than 4.x GB VRAM usage at max settings 2560x1440 resolution. I've never been past 5GB. I have always run out of its ability to push pixels long before.

The Titan X has similar abilities to a heavily overclocked 980Ti, and you would have to be actively trying to fill the VRAM buffer in a Titan X in normal usage. I doubt anyone has seriously approached that 12GB limit.

8 GB System memory is more than enough to run one under normal circumstances. Remember a Titan X has a similar capability as a high end 980 TI which only has 6GB VRAM and runs just fine on 8 GB system RAM. Of course 16 Gb ( or more depending on the individual ) would be preferable, but I have a hard time believing anyone would have issues with less than 32 GB as you state.

I would go for a GTX 980ti because it's cheaper and you and overclock it to get better performance out of the card.

Neither gpu will make any sense then. Have you seen how impressive AMD's Polaris 10 was in power consumption at CES? You gotta think they're going to be able to build a real monster that should smash both for less money and with lower power consumption. And Nvidia's 80 series Pascal release should do similar. Polaris and Pascal are likely to both be out by then, rendering the 980 Ti as something not worth buying except in that short window where they might go on fire sale prices to clear stock. The Titan X is already ridiculous to buy unless you're the kind of person who can wipe his ass with $100 bills.

Neither gpu will make any sense then. Have you seen how impressive AMD's Polaris 10 was in power consumption at CES? You gotta think they're going to be able to build a real monster that should smash both for less money and with lower power consumption. And Nvidia's 80 series Pascal release should do similar. Polaris and Pascal are likely to both be out by then, rendering the 980 Ti as something not worth buying except in that short window where they might go on fire sale prices to clear stock. The Titan X is already ridiculous to buy unless you're the kind of person who can wipe his ass with $100 bills.

Nah, while the new cards should be cool, they take nothing away from the 980ti. The Fury and Fury X on the other hand. AMD should be ashamed for releasing them, the people with those cards are going to get fucked if Polaris is anything like the hype surrounding them.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Nah, while the new cards should be cool, they take nothing away from the 980ti. The Fury and Fury X on the other hand. AMD should be ashamed for releasing them, the people with those cards are going to get fucked if Polaris is anything like the hype surrounding them.

The 980 Ti will remain a massively strong gpu but it'll probably need a price cut into the $450 range like the 780 Ti briefly got once Pascal 80 releases. At those kind of fire sale prices the 980 Ti will be a great buy then, but I doubt they last long. They sure didn't seem to with the 780 Ti after the 980 and 970 came out.

The 980 Ti will remain a massively strong gpu but it'll probably need a price cut into the $450 range like the 780 Ti briefly got once Pascal 80 releases. At those kind of fire sale prices the 980 Ti will be a great buy then, but I doubt they last long. They sure didn't seem to with the 780 Ti after the 980 and 970 came out.

I'll be first in line for a second Hybrid if that happens :lol:

I have a evga 980 ti kingping and i'll never regret of getting it instead of a titan x...

out of the factory, the 980ti kingpin performs almost like a titan x heavily oc'ed, without any noise/temp/tunning issues.

and also, in my opinion, the kingpin looks awesome :)

For 1080p  :lol:

Why not? I could do it now. I'd go from 7 blocks to 13. Even with 980ti's in SLI I'd dip below 60fps at times.

I mod the living shit out of my games yo :lol:

Why not? I could do it now. I'd go from 7 blocks to 13. Even with 980ti's in SLI I'd dip below 60fps at times.

I mod the living shit out of my games yo :lol:

Should have gone Titan X for the 12GB of vram then lol

Should have gone Titan X for the 12GB of vram then lol

VRAM isn't a concern, power is :lol:

I could use 5x the power I have now at 1080p with ini hacks.