[Update] Netflix is officially going to crack down on users using proxy method(s) to access Netflix U.S - Already going after people!

GoodBytes

This is why piracy exists.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

the money u spend on netflix and vpn you could get a seedbox. I believe Geo-blocking is racism against whole countries  

So yeah, i won't stop vpn'ing to US because german netflix SUCKS ASS. And if they kick me out or somehow make it that it doesnt work anymore, good then i go to amazon.

Fuck you netflix. Amazon is cheaper anyways.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

To all of the people saying "Fuck you netflix", they aren't the ones limiting their content to certain countries, its the studios that make said content that are setting the limits and being geoblocking assholes/scumbags/parasites/the EA and Ubisoft of the film industry.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Why do you advertise it here its against the LTT rules. Also only amateurs use that site.

He's not advertising. And what's wrong with piratebay that only amateurs use that site?

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

He's not advertising. And what's wrong with piratebay that only amateurs use that site?

ask linus i didnt make the rules

The real question is: why the HELL isn't the content the same all over the world? You don't see steam locking out games in a country unless the government there tells them to.

Two words: cable companies.

Rogers/Shaw recently released their own version of Netflix in Canada, called Shomi, so Netflix would be a direct contender (not necessarily a bad thing). As for individual shows not being available, that's likely an issue stemming from the producers of the show (eg, HBO), not the cable company. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Meh, I'll just use the money for the dns changer to get a vps instead and run openvpn on it.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Sorta sad to see they are forced into this. It is only going to destroy their profits until they can actually provide that content to other countries (which is likely not happening anytime soon).

Less money for them, have no idea why there care where their content is being streamed to

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

@GoodBytes

update on this - looks like we have the 1st victim: Australia

Hi everyone,

“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”

Some users are starting to have issues with Netflix blocking non-Australian content when going through uFlix. Though it is only affecting a few users at the moment, we expect this number to grow. We are working on a solution to get around these new measures and apologise for the inconvenience to those who are currently only getting Australian Netflix.

http://uflix.com.au/netflix-apply-blocks/

yar arrrrr

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

If they would just put all of the U.S netflix shows... this would reduce the proxy's...But netflix is an idiot and only puts 10% of the U.S movies&tv series in EU...WHY!?

Many Netflix users in Canada and other countries uses VPN to proxy themselves on U.S servers to access content on Netflix U.S. Netflix has different content in different regions. In the case of Canada, many Canadian prefer the selection and additional content that Netflix U.S has over what Netflix Canada has.After warnings of not doing this in the past, Netflix announced that it will officially crack down on people accessing content from Netflix of a different region that they are in, using a proxy method.David Fullagar, Netflix’s vice president of content delivery, says in a Netflix blog post:It’s unclear, however, exactly how Netflix plans to stop this, but it is possible that they ban users detected to do so.Netflix is taking such action probably due to high pressure by the movie industry in order to renew contract or build confidence to be able to get the needed licenses/agreement for providing Netflix in 130 countries.Source: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/01/14/its-official-netflix-says-it-plans-to-crack-down-on-copyright-infringing-proxy-users/Are you affected by this? Do you enjoy Netflix U.S content better?UPDATE!Special thanks to @zMeul for the tip:Netflix is going after Australian's who are using any sort of tools to get Netflix from the U.S instead of their region.What happens, is when an Australian tries to access Netflix U.S, a message is displayed on the page:It doesn't affect all Australian's yet, so some with different tools can.It is believed that Netflix is doing IP bans on providers to block users from access the service.Source 1: http://uflix.com.au/netflix-apply-blocks/Source 2: http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/22/10813824/netflix-vpns-crackdown-australia-uflix

why the fuck does every one keep blaming Netflix. They can't force the content owners to let Netflix distribute all over the world because they don't want too, and Netflix doesn't have the power to do that too.

I'm blocked to too.

I'm getting the dreaded.

“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”

I'm I contact with my VPN service and there trying to get a fix for it.

I still have HULU working so there not sharing there info around yet.

Also how much money is Netflix wasting hunting down Aussie users. they be better off buying the show licenses of Foxtel and not wasting everybody time.

Smartflix is still working for me so they can't be doing too great of a job...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'm blocked to too.

I'm getting the dreaded.

I'm I contact with my VPN service and there trying to get a fix for it.

I still have HULU working so there not sharing there info around yet.

Also how much money is Netflix wasting hunting down Aussie users. they be better off buying the show licenses of Foxtel and not wasting everybody time.

It won't last long, the providers will adapt and are willing to fight this. If you have a problem, you could try a different provider. Getflix is still working for me.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor