I dont think EA is bad!

godsarmy

at least their products/content works properly.

have to disagree, I love Shogun 2 but the multiplayer just doesn't work.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

People like jumping on the bandwagons like hating on EA :) .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I bet by this time tomorrow his account will be deleted xD

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

EA need to stick with game publishing and step away from games production, they also need to stop screwing over there signed studios who MAKE THEM THE MONEY. the only studio atm that keeps saying no to EA is dice, and the only reason why EA listen is cause DICE is there main source of money outside of the EASports brand.

Character artist in the Games industry.

I dislike Origin because when it launched I enjoyed several EA titles that were becoming Origin exclusive. There's no way I would abandom my Steam account so EA was asking me to run two programs in the background and two parallel ecosystems. Any contact with freinds I'd previously done through Steam would be splintered between Steam and Origin now. I was barely okay with Steam as a background process but time and effort won me over. I tolerate Steam because it gives me a lot of value and I tolerate the potential daggar hovering over my digital library because Valve has done right by me so far, the low price of games on sale mean I have had my moneys worth already if the worst does happen.

Origin however has yet to earn it's stripes. Steam has passed its initiation trial (remember how much it was hated at first) but Origin is still going through it. I've warmed to Origin over the last year or so and I do like the idea of competition (this returning digital games on Origin is a good move) but its not quite there yet. I do think it will get there eventually, especially if a Steam Box does happen and has room for third party stores (otherise it may as well jsut be a regular console).

As for EA itself, I don't think they're as bad as they've been but they do seem to have a 2-steps forward 3-steps back approach to things. They also have a skill for running anything good they have into the ground. In 2008 or so they were trying really hard, Battlefield Bad Company, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Dragon Age etc. They were all new IPs or wide departures from older IPs. There was less money grubbing bullshit and the games were varied and risky.

Since then though, they've slipped into money harvesting mode. Online Passes, annual releases, less risk:

- Why isn't Battlefield Bad Company the campain to BF3? The campaigns in BFBC were excellent and funny (humour in a modern military FPS? What!?) BF3s campaign is just garbage, BF4s is looking similar.

- Mirrors Edge was a first person platformer (What?) with a female protagonist (What?) who is asian (What?) and has an excellent design aesthetic (Colours, What?) and was actually fun once you adjusted to the controls (I miss the days of learning a new control scheme) but the series was just left to die until half a decade of bitching brought it back.

- Dead Space 1 was a solid start to a potentially mindblowing series, as someone who is not good at horror games (total wimp) DS1 was the perfect mix of horror and action for an entry into the horror genre, DS2 was too far towards action. Whilst DS1 stretched my comfort zone on horror without scaring me off, DS2 was just routine run and gun. Adding Co-op to Dead Space 3 just ruined the immersion. I can't get tense if my partners spinning in circles distracting me from the scripted jump scare and adding micro transactions meant any slowdown in pacing or spike in difficulty has to be treated as suspect (Maybe i'm being manipulated into buying that weapon upgrade or something).

- Dragon Age 1 is one of my favourite RPGs, they did so much right with it I could talk for hours. DA2 however does so much wrong I could talk for days. The shallow gameplay, the nonsence choices, the pants-on-head-retarded story lines and general lack of direction or purpose...My interest in the IP died with DA2. 11/10 reviews for Dragonage Inquisition and a £3 price of sale probably won't convince me.

- Medal of Honor. Christ, this game. I actually played this again with a friend a few days ago. He raged over twitch about the campaign whilst I cringed playing the multiplayer in a twisted game of chicken, lets see who bails first (I did). The gameplay, balancing and level design are pretty low to begin with but not being able to quit out or check stats beween matches is painful. alt-tab crashed the game for me and alt-f4 didn't work. If I wanted t duck out I had to wait a few minutes for a game and then quit out, or alt tab and force the game to freeze.

I don't care for sports games but when they are reskinning the UI in Fifa aand selling it again at full retail price a year later (Happen with Wii version and two Vita versions) I have nothing for EA but disdain. This is lawsuit territory for me and I'm amazed they've gotten away with it so far. Their experiments with Free to Play have been pretty pathetic as well. Battlefield Heroes was straight up pay to win and Plants vs Zombies 2 is a masterclass in shamelessness. Rather than nurturing whatever audience their games find they bleed it dry ASAP and try again for a bigger audience by showhorning whatever gimick is currently hip with the kids. Once the fish stop biting its time to kill the IP and try another.

I don't hate EA, I'm just tired of being regularly disapointed with squandered potential and continous attempts at cash grabs.

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz (1.36V) MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H GPU: Palit GTX 670

Storage: 32GB SSD System OS, 2x 1TB HDD (RAID0) and 2x 2TB HDD (RAID0) Power Supply: Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W 80+ Gold

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cooler: Corsair H100 Monitor 1: 27" Yamakasi Catleap 2560x1440 IPS Monitor 2: 23" LG W2363D 1920x1080 120Hz

i dont actually hate EA or origin. well, i am a newcomer to PC gaming and i don't think i have enough knowledge. but chat support is great i should say. 

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll