Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

yeah i got my g710+ and its awsome

Nice man, I really like Logitech products, but black Cherry MX kinda turns me off... Since I'm both typist and gamer.

Btw, I use a crappy cherry MX blue mechanical keyboard (Monoprice), can't beat the price though. Will change to some well-built mechanical keyboard in the future like Das or Corsair.

Das 4 looks awesome!

Nice man, I really like Logitech products, but black Cherry MX kinda turns me off... Since I'm both typist and gamer.

Btw, I use a crappy cherry MX blue mechanical keyboard (Monoprice), can't beat the price though. Will change to some well-built mechanical keyboard in the future like Das or Corsair.

Das 4 looks awesome!

well the g710+ uses browns

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

well the g710+ uses browns

Ahhhhh, I mistook by the title that Amazon gave for the product, which ends by "black". I thought it's black Cherry MX, lol. How reckless I am...

Oh well, added to wishlist. 

Thanks for the correction.

I love my g710+, I think the browns feel great, but earlier today I did the typing test on here, i got something like 98WPM, and this is on my old membrane g15 that has been through hell and back

Should I do a type off? compare my typing speed on MX Browns vs Membrane.... would be interesting to see - quite honestly the mechanical keyboard is more comfortable and less fatiguing to type on, but I actually dont feel any faster/more accurate using it, and I find that during gaming it really makes no difference, as using WASD you normally bottom out the keys anyway, also much harder to double press keys like "WW" to sprint or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I love my g710+, I think the browns feel great, but earlier today I did the typing test on here, i got something like 98WPM, and this is on my old membrane g15 that has been through hell and back

Should I do a type off? compare my typing speed on MX Browns vs Membrane.... would be interesting to see - quite honestly the mechanical keyboard is more comfortable and less fatiguing to type on, but I actually dont feel any faster/more accurate using it, and I find that during gaming it really makes no difference, as using WASD you normally bottom out the keys anyway, also much harder to double press keys like "WW" to sprint or something

Brown Cherry MX is, as far as I know, not specificly designed for gaming, but it does the job okay. I think you should try Red or Black for gaming, Blue and Brown are like for typist mostly.

I've got Cherry MX Red switches on my keyboard, Lovely for gaming and really responsive. Overall I am really impressed with them and I'm not thinking of changing them at the moment.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

Brown Cherry MX is, as far as I know, not specificly designed for gaming, but it does the job okay. I think you should try Red or Black for gaming, Blue and Brown are like for typist mostly.

That's what I was saying though, I actually haven't noticed an improvement in my typing at all :(

Im not saying I don't like the keyboard, and Its not exactly buyers remorse, its a lovely keyboard, just the fanfare around them, I was expecting a radical change, its just slightly nicer

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's what I was saying though, I actually haven't noticed an improvement in my typing at all :(

Im not saying I don't like the keyboard, and Its not exactly buyers remorse, its a lovely keyboard, just the fanfare around them, I was expecting a radical change, its just slightly nicer

I guess it doesn't really make a big impression on you then, which is understandable. I use blue cherry MX and at first, I feel like my typing performance doesn't make a huge difference with membrane keyboards. After few weeks try to get used to, I start to fell in love with it, and my speed typing is improving gradually.

I would suggest you take more time to hang out with it, and if you don't like still, that's totally ok :P

I guess it doesn't really make a big impression on you then, which is understandable. I use blue cherry MX and at first, I feel like my typing performance doesn't make a huge difference with membrane keyboards. After few weeks try to get used to, I start to fell in love with it, and my speed typing is improving gradually.

I would suggest you take more time to hang out with it, and if you don't like still, that's totally ok :P

Yeah I still like it (although I miss the display my old Logitech keyboard had), I just feel like I didnt really need to upgrade :P haha I mean I can get over 100WPM on a membrane so yeah ... anyway :)

Yeah I still like it (although I miss the display my old Logitech keyboard had), I just feel like I didnt really need to upgrade :P haha I mean I can get over 100WPM on a membrane so yeah ... anyway :)

Beside its fast response ability, I think what makes mechanical keyboard great is the durability and well-built design :) . Of course, defect items happens :D But in general, it's true. I know a guy who uses IBM model M more than 15 years without returning for warranty even once, which is really impressive to me :rolleyes:

Just got my Ducky tuhaojin! :D MX Brown btw :3

IMG_0811_zps28561480.jpg

IMG_0812_zps04295775.jpg

IMG_0813_zpsa0bb2fba.jpg

Ugh! Those colors! I need to change my camera settings.

Look at them gold... That looks good! How much did you pay for that?

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

UPS just delivered my very first mechanical keyboard that I've ever even used, let alone owned personally! I had to do so much research and comparison to try and get a good idea on what switch type would be right for me. It's not easy an easy thing to do without actually getting your hands on one. Pictures, videos, and hearing other people's descriptions can only get you so far with such a "hands-on" piece of kit (unavoidable bad pun).

I wish there was a Fry's, Tiger, or Micro Center store near me that hand some samples you could go in and actually test out, but sadly there was not. I kind of had to take the dive blindfolded.

I ended up going with a CM Storm Quickfire Pro with Cherry MX Brown switches. After much YouTube scouring I finally decided that Brown switches would be best for me, personally. I think I made the right choice.

I've been giving it the go-round for about 20 minutes so far and I gotta say, I quite like it. It's not like a world changing difference or anything, but there is a definite change.

Unfortunately, this model doesn't come with any extra keycaps (although it did include a key-remover tool?), and I would love to get some customized WASD and maybe a few other keys. Can anyone recommend a good site that sells some customized keycaps that are LED & Cherry MX compatible? Or maybe some good eBay sellers that offer them? So far I'm finding Max Keyboard, but it looks like they only deal in full sets. Thanks!

I'm currently using a Das Keyboard Model S Professional Clicky (Cherry MX Blue). The general consensus seems to be that blues aren't that great for gaming, though I absolutely love them (for both gaming and typing). From the few times that I have tried red switches, I have felt like it is way too easy to push the keys (resulting in possible typos). While I can understand why someone might want Reds for gaming, what most people don't seem to recognize is that even if you are a gamer, you will spend far more time typing on your computer than you ever will gaming.

I'm currently using a Das Keyboard Model S Professional Clicky (Cherry MX Blue). The general consensus seems to be that blues aren't that great for gaming, though I absolutely love them (for both gaming and typing). From the few times that I have tried red switches, I have felt like it is way too easy to push the keys (resulting in possible typos). While I can understand why someone might want Reds for gaming, what most people don't seem to recognize is that even if you are a gamer, you will spend far more time typing on your computer than you ever will gaming.

Wait Asal since when are you part of this forum? I Like your videos dude. Also I knew your keyboard already from your gaming setup video :P.

Using Tapatalk

My CMStorm QuickFire TK Stealth has arrived :)

IMG_4327_zps02f56676.jpg

Loving it so far, and works perfectly in both Windows and OSX!

Today, the mailman dropped off two boards for me. A QFR with mx greens, and a Silicon Graphics Granite 9500900 with Alps cream dampened switches. For being around 20 years old, the SGI board is quite clean.

They join my SteelSeries 6gv2 with blacks (which I'll probably sell). I love black switches, but the layout drives me crazy.

Potato pics

Gd26EnZ.png

Alps cream switch

1luU3M1.png

BcrbevF.png

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

Found a poker II lying in the ground outside so I took it in.

This thing is tiny, gotta get used to the layout lol

http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#3

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Found a poker II lying in the ground outside so I took it in.

This thing is tiny, gotta get used to the layout lol

http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#3

Nice dota 2 mousepad there! :P  haha

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

I have a Cosair Vengeance K90. It's the only Mechanical Keyboard that I've owned, but I really like it and it's a great mix between a membrane and mechanical keyboard.

Wait if the K90 is mechanical, why is it a ''great mix between membrane and mechanical keyboard''

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

YKQVvLn.jpeg

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Wait if the K90 is mechanical, why is it a ''great mix between membrane and mechanical keyboard''

The K90 is a mix of mechanical and membrane switches. If I remember correctly all the primary switches are mechanical and the macro keys, numpad and F-keys are membrane.

Their new K95 is a full mechanical keyboard.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Look at them gold... That looks good! How much did you pay for that?

About €200

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

The K90 is a mix of mechanical and membrane switches. If I remember correctly all the primary switches are mechanical and the macro keys, numpad and F-keys are membrane.

Their new K95 is a full mechanical keyboard.

Oh i see, i thought that the K90 is fully mechanical, my bad.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder