Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Was curious what people thought of lasered on keys specifically these?

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=862

large_862_DSC_0571.jpg

It's pretty cool but what makes me not want to get it is the fact that dirt and stuff can get into the engravement, which means more cleaning to do. In the end I went for dye sublimated PBT keycaps.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

It's pretty cool but what makes me not want to get it is the fact that dirt and stuff can get into the engravement, which means more cleaning to do. In the end I went for dye sublimated PBT keycaps.

Would you prefer the ones with actual print or side printing perhaps? I have the premiere version on my ducky premiere but its the white and green version.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=702

Would you prefer the ones with actual print or side printing perhaps? I have the premiere version on my ducky premiere but its the white and green version.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=702

I went with dye sub because it seemed more unique to me. Side print keycaps are laser etched not dye sub, also side print is cool too. This is personal preference here. I originally liked side print more because I avoid getting the printing dirty. But with dye sub it's basically wear-proof so it was also an option for me. Since I already have side printed ABS I chose dye sub.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I went with dye sub because it seemed more unique to me. Side print keycaps are laser etched not dye sub, also side print is cool too. This is personal preference here. I originally liked side print more because I avoid getting the printing dirty. But with dye sub it's basically wear-proof so it was also an option for me. Since I already have side printed ABS I chose dye sub.

Now that you mention it I know exactly what you mean. The Ducky Premiere with PBT caps is dye sub'd and its way more durable and doesn't receive the same effect that the ABS keys get. I have a g710+ and you can see the difference in the caps. I wish I could get PBT caps for my 710+ but I found out through some searching that logitech uses non standard caps on the bottom row which makes it difficult to blanket change out caps I want to but can't I'll probably If I didn't use the gamer keys I would use my ducky keyboard all the time its far superior from a typing standpoint blues, pdt, more solidly build in my opinion. 

My k70 and m45

Wasn't sure if that was a k70 almost looks like a ducky from afar. I don't want to get off topic from the mechanical keyboard deal but that side cable in your case going to your GPU is that a extension or a actual sleeved cable. 

Wasn't sure if that was a k70 almost looks like a ducky from afar. I don't want to get off topic from the mechanical keyboard deal but that side cable in your case going to your GPU is that a extension or a actual sleeved cable.

It's a Silverstone extension, I tried sleeving my factory cables and did horrible so I just bought extensions..I'm gonna try to just make a set of custom cables when I feel like messing with it again...

It's a Silverstone extension, I tried sleeving my factory cables and did horrible so I just bought extensions..I'm gonna try to just make a set of custom cables when I feel like messing with it again...

Well I applaud you for trying I would like to as well just to learn as a skill. I cheated I have a AX850 and the sleeved cables were only like 40 dollars a steal in my opinion and bought those up fast. 

Hello All,

Have just received my Deck Hassium pro with cherry mx browns and am looking for keycaps to customize.          

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Hello All,

Have just received my Deck Hassium pro with cherry mx browns and am looking for keycaps to customize.          

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

I guess the real question would be whether or not the keyboard uses standard caps or non standard do you know?

To be honest I don't know and can't seem to find that information either. This is my first mech and am not sure what the standard size is. 

DECK uses standard 1.25 layout.  

Well if that is the case I would head over to.  I would personally go for PBT caps if your keyboard doesn't already have them. They sell blank caps which some do really like I not being one of them. The laser engraved isn't to bad I like it, I also like the side engraved. We were talking earlier in this thread about the dye simulated caps that ducky put out on their premier keyboards those I haven't seen purchasable.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?m=&c=40&l=product_list&sortby=id:desc

Well if that is the case I would head over to.  I would personally go for PBT caps if your keyboard doesn't already have them. They sell blank caps which some do really like I not being one of them. The laser engraved isn't to bad I like it, I also like the side engraved. We were talking earlier in this thread about the dye simulated caps that ducky put out on their premier keyboards those I haven't seen purchasable.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?m=&c=40&l=product_list&sortby=id:desc

Deck's stock caps are double shot PBT.  Alot of people think they are some of the best caps around, but that the font sucks. 

Since it's a 108 board you will have to get Ducky key caps to cover the whole board.  Or wait for a new group buy to happen on Pimpmykeyboard.com

Or you could just get a 104 keycap set and put novelty caps on the top right 4.

Deck's stock caps are double shot PBT.  Alot of people think they are some of the best caps around, but that the font sucks. 

Since it's a 108 board you will have to get Ducky key caps to cover the whole board.  Or wait for a new group buy to happen on Pimpmykeyboard.com

Or you could just get a 104 keycap set and put novelty caps on the top right 4.

I'm not sure they are double shot PBT. Reason I'm not sure is because they are led backlit and I'm pretty sure you can't do that with PBT caps. As I thought this site indicates they are ABS.

http://www.mechkb.com/deck-hassium-pro

edit I stand corrected they do make pbt with led backlit but not that model I think.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=94

I'm not sure they are double shot PBT. Reason I'm not sure is because they are led backlit and I'm pretty sure you can't do that with PBT caps. As I thought this site indicates they are ABS.

http://www.mechkb.com/deck-hassium-pro

edit I stand corrected they do make pbt with led backlit but not that model I think.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=94

I think Deck only/mostly make backlit double shot PBT caps.   http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=680

I know that's why a lot of people love them (they just hate the font they use).

And if that is the board he bought in the link I posted it should have PBT double shots.

Mixed matched some thick PBT sets to get me a Olivetti set.   No more wrong color caps lock for me :)

-snip-

I like I like! I like the larger font on the key caps I know that my ducky premier has a similar font and size. 

I also agree with you with the Deck font. I think that is god awful. I'm sure they are good keyboards but the font is just off. Kind of reminds me of what Razer does with there boards they use a funky font as well. 

I think Deck only/mostly make backlit double shot PBT caps. http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=680

I know that's why a lot of people love them (they just hate the font they use).

And if that is the board he bought in the link I posted it should have PBT double shots.

Deskcaps are douple shot pbt and reverse dyesubed if you want to be more specific. Also besides the for I believe there is only one profile for the keycaps but I might be wrong. Deck keyboards are just the consumerversion of the TG3 boards you see used in cop cars.

Deskcaps are douple shot pbt and reverse dyesubed if you want to be more specific. Also besides the for I believe there is only one profile for the keycaps but I might be wrong. Deck keyboards are just the consumerversion of the TG3 boards you see used in cop cars.

Didn't know they were reverse dye-subed , but was pretty sure that all of Decks caps were double shot PBT. 

Also I think they only use OEM profile (but could be wrong).

Didn't know they were reverse dye-subed , but was pretty sure that all of Decks caps were double shot PBT.

Also I think they only use OEM profile (but could be wrong).

Yea basicallt the whit is plastic all the black on top is dye

I think they only use R4 OEM from what I recall, I might be wrong on that though.

oyy5nd2l.jpg

My Ducky 9008P Premier Mechanical Keyboard with green and white PBT keycaps and Blue Cherry MX switches. Also, not seen, I've added o-rings to the keycaps, which I've harvested from my Logitech G710+. 

At the moment I'm using the USB cable that came with the keyboard, but I have a custom cable order in at mimic-cables for a kelly camo paracord sleeved usb-a to mini usb-b cable.

-snip-

My Ducky 9008P Premier Mechanical Keyboard with green and white PBT keycaps and Blue Cherry MX switches. Also, not seen, I've added o-rings to the keycaps, which I've harvested from my Logitech G710+. 

At the moment I'm using the USB cable that came with the keyboard, but I have a custom cable order in at mimic-cables for a kelly camo paracord sleeved usb-a to mini usb-b cable.

I have the same keyboard great isn't it? I would say though that the O-Ring's on the G710+ still give the cap a little more squish to it when you press it down. I use the WASD blue's. They are a little pricey but they do feel a bit different and from what I've been told come from a stronger material. The ones that come with the G710+ are quite thin nice though. I like the squish that the Ducky Premier you have and I have gives. The Blue Dampeners that I have are interesting to when you press down the key you get a push back about half way down you would have to push very hard to bottom out. Just a difference in O-rings beautiful keyboard :) Wish I could replace my 710+ with it only problem is I use the Gamer keys on my 710+ for stuff :x Do you feel like the o-rings help out at all the thin black ones the 710+ comes with?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/cherry-mx-rubber-o-ring-switch-dampeners-125pcs.html#ad-image-0

Also, since I found this out recently something cool about the keyboard macro key wise. FN+Delete is mute FN+End is volume down FN+Page Down is Volume up :)  Also, gotta love the macro keys above the 10 key very unique never seen anything like it.

I did a typing test with the blue o-rings curious if you notice any difference from what you would normally see with your own typing. I type reasonably fast hopefully I don't get trolled too much. Recorded with a blue yeti, also with nvidia shadowplay with there recent desktop recording feature. 

Wow just realised how loud blues actually are. Might just stick to getting browns on a K70 and blacks on some TKL (can't find them on shops here so you have to buy to try). Also it sounds like you have some ping going on with your board.

Wow just realised how loud blues actually are. Might just stick to getting browns on a K70 and blacks on some TKL (can't find them on shops here so you have to buy to try). Also it sounds like you have some ping going on with your board.

Ping Pong? I guess the biggest move from a brown to a blue is that you feel the switch as you go down. I don't feel the switch going down with browns I do feel a slight bump but over time I've kind of gotten used to it and it's hard to feel. You can always purchase a key switch sampler. I know that max keyboard has a really nice one you can get it on amazon. It's not very expensive in my opinion. If you are curious how blacks feel they feel like Red's but you have to put more force into it. Red's feel like browns without the tactile bump which would be the loss of tactile and the linear feel that reds/blacks get. 

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Keycap-Cherry-Sampler/dp/B00E71W4O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399316356&sr=8-1&keywords=mechanical+keyboard+sampler

And if you listened to my ducky keyboard with blues for comparative sake here is my 710+ with browns. The sound may be higher then yours because of my typing style you never know.