Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I'm confused, will this be different than the already existing Ducky Mini, or is that teaser all the information we've got?

It's different from the past Ducky Mini.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

What's the point in Cherry MX Reds? The fact that they're mechanical? They don't seem that much different from regular membrane keyboards.

their completely linear and not mushy? Also you can actuate them with only half press. besides that they are much more durable and reliable.

They may not necessarily go to razer, with Razer selling Kailh switches, perhaps other companies would approach them for switches. For me, it's either Cherry MX and Topre or nothing. I'd not touch a keyboard with 'Razer' switch with a ten foot pole!

No Buckling springs or white alps :'(

White alps are probably my favorite switches at the moment... But I haven't tried Topre.......

Yet =3

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

just bought my first mechanical keyboard, logitech g710+, i wanted a certain amount of tactile feedback because I type very fast (95wpm) but i wanted something quiet and not THAT clicky so when im gaming the clicking isnt annoying over mic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No Buckling springs or white alps :'(

White alps are probably my favorite switches at the moment... But I haven't tried Topre.......

Yet =3

If you'd check my sig, I do have a Model M and I do love it, but it's a tad loud (NOT saying I dislike the unique sound it makes) It's just that it's big, bigger than the usual 104/108 keyboards from Ducky and Filco. I am curious about Matias keyboards which uses ALPS as well......might get around to actually buying one later. Now, I'm eyeing the Duck Mini and KBT Pure Pro....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + TR Phantom Spirit 120 EVO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Well, the only Duck Mini I have heard of is the Nordic version. I have not seen any ANSI type layout Duck Mini....at least where the 'Enter' or 'Return' key is concern. I am curious to see what the teaser is all about, guess we will find out soon enough....

I guess I forgot to mention that, I've only seen it with an ISO layout as well.

It's different from the past Ducky Mini.

From their new teaser, you seem to be right.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I just read all the pages (in some days tho lol), Im from Argentina and here is kinda difficult to get MKB's :C
All that I got to my disposal are:
- Corsair K70 Black with Red LED and MX Reds with US layout :( 
- Razer Blackwidow w/ Mx Blues and spanish layout
- Steelseries 6Gv2 w/ Mx Reds and spanish layout (tho I don't like it very much, too simple, I would like a keyboard with Media Keys) 

The Steelseries 7G and the Blackwidow Ultimate are too expensive here :S

I think Im gonna wait for the Corsair RGB one, so nice. And im think im gonna have to go with US Layout and get used to it :x

Sorry if I don't express my self well D:

I just read all the pages (in some days tho lol), Im from Argentina and here is kinda difficult to get MKB's :C

Have you tried to look through this Wiki from reddit? Should have something to work with.

All that I got to my disposal are:

- Corsair K70 Black with Red LED and MX Reds with US layout :( 

- Razer Blackwidow w/ Mx Blues and spanish layout

- Steelseries 6Gv2 w/ Mx Reds and spanish layout (tho I don't like it very much, too simple, I would like a keyboard with Media Keys) 

What layout do you use in Argentina?

Also do you know what kind of switch type you want and what functions and features the keyboard should have?

Have you tried to look through this Wiki from reddit? Should have something to work with.

What layout do you use in Argentina?

Also do you know what kind of switch type you want and what functions and features the keyboard should have?

Layout: I don't know how its called but is used in this custom kb http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-105-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html#ad-image-0

Switch type: I kinda "know" what i want in terms of switches ​but just for reading only haha..I would like Red/Black because I'll do a lot of gaming and typing in it... but I do like the clicky sound of MX Blues but I know thay aren't soo good for gaming. I play fps and I would like double taping to be easy..

On Functions and features; I would like a kb with dedicated media keys like the K70 one, and fully backlit, but I CAN get used to the fn key in other keyboards tho..

In my town they don't sell MKB's so I can't try the switches (also I can't import tech stuffs here ._. customs take 50% off the original USD value when I import something, and here the USD is awful expensive and no easy to get)

today I got my CM quickfire rapid, and I hate to sound like a broken record with everyone else, but this keyboard is a fantastic value. now i've got my O-rings on the way ($1.87 with prime) and I can't wait. my only complaint is that the backing of the keyboard does have a bit of a ring, and I am tempted to take the keyboard apart and see how I can dampen that so that there is no ring when the key bottoms out.

today I got my CM quickfire rapid, and I hate to sound like a broken record with everyone else, but this keyboard is a fantastic value. now i've got my O-rings on the way ($1.87 with prime) and I can't wait. my only complaint is that the backing of the keyboard does have a bit of a ring, and I am tempted to take the keyboard apart and see how I can dampen that so that there is no ring when the key bottoms out.

You got dat "ping".   You can put some shelf liner or sheet foam in the bottom of the case and it should get rid of most if not all of it.

Like this.

10197648395_044a2bc8a3_o.jpg

9860854833_cfac69356f_o.jpg

You got dat "ping". You can put some shelf liner or sheet foam in the bottom of the case and it should get rid of most if not all of it.

Like this.

10197648395_044a2bc8a3_o.jpg9860854833_cfac69356f_o.jpg

Any idea how to take it apart preserving the warranty stickers?

I've had good luck with peripherals in the past. My G500 and K90 are still kicking. I guess i'll take the risk once I test all of the keys.

I guess I forgot to mention that, I've only seen it with an ISO layout as well.

From their new teaser, you seem to be right.

Judging from the borders and shape....I am guessing that the new Ducky Mini is a variation of a TEX, if not it is a rebranded TEX. Just guessing :P

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

You got dat "ping".   You can put some shelf liner or sheet foam in the bottom of the case and it should get rid of most if not all of it.

Like this.

-snip-

yep in my build log I did just that, I never dont put it in now, though ive never done it for ping.

Any idea how to take it apart preserving the warranty stickers?

I would lover to see someone remove a keyboard warranty sticker without wrecking it as I swear its impossible. those sticker are so sticky but so fragile.

yep in my build log I did just that, I never dont put it in now, though ive never done it for ping.

I would lover to see someone remove a keyboard warranty sticker without wrecking it as I swear its impossible. those sticker are so sticky but so fragile.

I'll give it a month. if it's still working after that, I'll go for it and risk voiding the warranty. first I'll install my O-rings when I get home this evening

I'll give it a month. if it's still working after that, I'll go for it and risk voiding the warranty. first I'll install my O-rings when I get home this evening

Whoo orings, everyone should use them I say!

Whoo orings, everyone should use them I say!

especially when amazon has them for $1.87 and ships them with prime. I ordered them less than 12 hours ago and I already have confirmation of them on my doorstep. I'm pretty sure that they paid more to ship them.

http://www.amazon.com/008-Buna-N-O-Ring-Durometer-Black/dp/B000FMWLR8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_indust_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=07M8MHDYYA9Z5SKF2TA9

they're of the harder variety. 70A, but for the price, you can't beat that when you're looking to shorten reset distance.

especially when amazon has them for $1.87 and ships them with prime. I ordered them less than 12 hours ago and I already have confirmation of them on my doorstep. I'm pretty sure that they paid more to ship them.

What kind did you get? The reason I ask is those seem awfully cheap.

I'm only a poor membrane peasant though D:i8j1gNZDDmKZw.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Layout: I don't know how its called but is used in this custom kb http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-105-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html#ad-image-0

Switch type: I kinda "know" what i want in terms of switches ​but just for reading only haha..I would like Red/Black because I'll do a lot of gaming and typing in it... but I do like the clicky sound of MX Blues but I know thay aren't soo good for gaming. I play fps and I would like double taping to be easy..

On Functions and features; I would like a kb with dedicated media keys like the K70 one, and fully backlit, but I CAN get used to the fn key in other keyboards tho..

In my town they don't sell MKB's so I can't try the switches (also I can't import tech stuffs here ._. customs take 50% off the original USD value when I import something, and here the USD is awful expensive and no easy to get)

That is what you'd call an ISO layout.

I have only tried Cherry MX Browns and Blacks on a everyday basis, have only tried Cherry MX Blues very briefly.

Reds and blacks is alike, blacks are just a bit heavier than reds. I think it's all about personal preferences and adjustment. When you get a new mechanical keyboard it will feel strange and different no matter what switch you get it with.

Sucks that import prices are so ridiculous.

Whoa.  That looks much different then I expected.

Indeed, can't wait for it to be fully revealed.

I just got my first mechanical keyboard, and I can't stop typing on it. Prior to this, my only experience was with membrane-based keyboards and--rarely--my dad's old IBM Model F in the basement. I just bought a Ducky Zero (DK2108S) with Cherry MX Blue switches and a blue backlight. I figured I'd come on here to share this because I don't know of many other places that particularly care about/will allow my enthusiasm to show. I should have ended this post a few lines ago, but it's just soooooo much fun to type on this thing and I am just sooooo excited to be doing it that I could potentially ramble  on forever, though I will probably end it soon so as not to annoy anybody. Oh God, after I go back to school after spring break, my roommate is going to absolutely hate me.

--Penis size, like resolution, is just a number--

--Hail GabeN--