Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
On 2/18/2023 at 12:41 AM, Atk_nite said:

I need help opening my Amazon keyboard

I think I found where they r buuuut theres no screw to unscrew

If there's no screws, the top and bottom are, hopefully, clipped together. You need a plastic pick to pry the clips apart. It needs to be plastic, as a metal tool will scratch or crack plastic when it applies pressure.  

I say "hopefully" as the alternative is that the entire case is glued. In which case destroying the case will be the only way in. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Looks like there is a chance it is plastic riveted through the plate to the case

(where I marked are where the screws should be for a top mount)

image.thumb.png.882a3caa3bf3fdaf0f17ee7c011611d9.png

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

So I'm not a keyboard buff, just basically looking for some suggestions. Is the K70 Pro still a good way to go, or is there a better alternative (something similar though; I like the media controls). Also if I was to get the K70 Pro, are there 3rd-party wrist pads available for it or do those not really exist? I've heard the included wrist pad isn't great.

Some history: IBM Personal Computer Keyboard (5150/5160) and IBM Personal Computer AT Keyboard (5170). Both IBM Model F keyboards, both [capacitive] buckling spring!

1560700686_shark_1501102_ibmcopy.thumb.png.36863509f694e9ee1a521ce2fc8b4913.png

1633367340_shark_1503092_ibmcopy.thumb.png.e98c09eb73620a6660de0b188a58b3c0.png

Shark lover, Software dev + research student, game dev, web dev, curator of IBMium keyboards and ThinkPads, r/ModelM mod.

My PC: Ryzen 9 5950X, MSI B450-A PRO MAX, 32GB (4x8) DDR4-3000, RTX 4080, Corsair 5000X, 500GB NVMe for boot & IDEs + 1x120GB SSD for repos + 1TB 7200RPM for games library, Corsair RM850e, Windows 11 Pro + Arch Linux.

Is this keyboard any good?

CHERRY MX 10.0N RGB

I need to replace my Logitech G810 cause it is double typing or not registering keys, very annoying indeed and it is out of warranty too.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

On 3/13/2023 at 8:22 AM, TristanK said:

Is this keyboard any good?

CHERRY MX 10.0N RGB

I need to replace my Logitech G810 cause it is double typing or not registering keys, very annoying indeed and it is out of warranty too.

If you need low profile you could certainly do worse. It's should be pretty well built. If you want to save money and don't mind losing the numpard the keychron  s1 is pretty great as well. 

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

If you need low profile you could certainly do worse. It's should be pretty well built. If you want to save money and don't mind losing the numpard the keychron  s1 is pretty great as well. 

meh i gave in and actually ordered the Asus ROG Strix Flare II Animate. I currently have Logitech g810 but have major issues with either keys not registering or registering as double or triple press and it is getting worse every day. The thing that irritates me the most is that it is only 3 years old. When it worked ok it was great.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

2 hours ago, geo3 said:

KAT profile?

yes Currently my favorite profile nice in between cherry and SA

I just want to say, Mechanical Keyboard ruins my life.

Now that I am used to using mech keyboard, typing on my new laptop feel shit and I typo a lot due to needing to press harder than usual <_<

Not to mention the employees at the store where I bought the laptop from must've thought I'm either very new to using keyboard or mentally challenged when they saw me test typing using the display units.

Damn you mech keyboard.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

First post here's some boards.

66476537192__0632B9CA-3832-4684-BF7C-7052F173028B.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1804[3647].jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

1B791631-B8D8-48B7-B2D9-812CEC000B3B.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

1B791631-B8D8-48B7-B2D9-812CEC000B3B.jpg

2A33B308-2EF5-4B25-88BA-37A31749A94A.jpg

C3CEC61B-36D8-490C-BFCA-150C03EC1A22.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 8:16 PM, geo3 said:

Same here. It has the best typing feel. However I think MT3 looks nicer.

Yes I really like mT3 as well. I'm looking to get a set at some point as well.

12 hours ago, geo3 said:

All my boards are either MT3 or KAT.

This is my latest set, KAT Refined, WoB from Deskhero. 

PXL_20230321_155928468.jpg

Yeah my collection is mainly what I can get in stock from kbd fans. Here's my little collection couldn't find a better picture of my gmmk pro lol

PXL_20230123_070350034.jpg

PXL_20221202_060804162.jpg

PXL_20221015_082643406.jpg

On 3/21/2023 at 10:22 PM, rice guru said:

Yeah my collection is mainly what I can get in stock from kbd fans.

Drop has many MT3 sets in stock. In fact I think Drop is the only place that carries MT3 at all. 

7 hours ago, geo3 said:

Drop has many MT3 sets in stock. In fact I think Drop is the only place that carries MT3 at all. 

Ah well aware was talking about my KAT collection.  I buy caps from everywhere. I just don't really like ordering from group buys so what is in stock is often what I buy

HK unikorn, fr4 plate, razer greens, going to throw on GMK modern dolch mist.

Pretty sure it had been ask or reply before.

Which beginner mechanical keyboard you guys suggest ? Beginner using membrane keyboard for years.

The usage is pretty common focus on typing document ms words.Beginner who didn't even get to try a single type of mechanical keyboard before.

Preferably to have similar size and pattern design of this old membrane keyboard.Full-Sized (100%) , ANSI , Staircase. How to do the measurements ? 

Prefer tactile for typing with feedback.Budget depends on range given.Not above $50  , In between $50 to $80.

Do not need any RGB  , basic office black keyboard , 1 to 4 programmable keys.Backwards support with PS/2 converter for older computers.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Dell RT7D20 Vintage PS/2 Wired Keyboard 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It is almost exactly 10 years since I got my first mechanical keyboard, a Qpad MK-85 with Cherry MX red. Apparently the first ever keyboard offering full n-key roll over on USB (no idea if that is true or not). It has held up pretty good, but I broke one of the feet e few months back and the soft touch coating is starting to deteriorate so I decided to treat myself to a new keyboard 

Ended up with a Ducky One 3 Daybreak with Cherry MX Browns 

F47E2A3E-9C1A-46DC-A5DE-94C62115BCA8.thumb.jpeg.00ab3109c35093de4469583c958349ac.jpeg

I see a lot of hate for the MX Browns, I am going to stay with them for now, but I absolutely hate the way the space bar feels, I have to get a linear switch for it

8 hours ago, Selle said:

I see a lot of hate for the MX Browns, I am going to stay with them for now, but I absolutely hate the way the space bar feels, I have to get a linear switch for it

MX browns were on my first keyboard. They were okay... definitely a confused little hybrid lol

If you are looking for recommendations, the Gateron Pro Yellows are a really good linear for the space bar. The Gateron Pro Black is also nice if you want a heavier key... probably closer to the same operating force as the MX browns.

10 hours ago, johnt said:

If you are looking for recommendations, the Gateron Pro Yellows are a really good linear for the space bar. The Gateron Pro Black is also nice if you want a heavier key... probably closer to the same operating force as the MX browns.

I have already ordered Cherry MX Black Hyperglide, Cherry MX Red Hyperglide, Cherry MX Clear Hyperglide, Gateron Milky Yellow Pro, Gateron Silent Black INK v2 and Gateron Baby Kangaroo. Ordered 5x of each, it was the minimum quantity, so I can get a good feel of what I like. Thinking of putting stiffer switches in the windows keys

21 minutes ago, Selle said:

I have already ordered Cherry MX Black Hyperglide, Cherry MX Red Hyperglide, Cherry MX Clear Hyperglide, Gateron Milky Yellow Pro, Gateron Silent Black INK v2 and Gateron Baby Kangaroo. Ordered 5x of each, it was the minimum quantity, so I can get a good feel of what I like. Thinking of putting stiffer switches in the windows keys

That’s a good spread!