Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I already liked the post before you mentioned me and I do lol

Best linear switch hands down, no comparison whatsoever. Perfect weight and balance, smooth as butter. MX Reds feel extremely scratchy and terrible. If you have some you should feel terrible! /s 

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Best linear switch hands down, no comparison whatsoever. Perfect weight and balance, smooth as butter. MX Reds feel extremely scratchy and terrible. If you have some you should feel terrible! /s 

new cherry in general feel scratchy and bad. they need to be broken in and old before they even start to feel decent.

new cherry in general feel scratchy and bad. they need to be broken in and old before they even start to feel decent.

Agreed. I have a vintage MX Brown from my MX Clear swap G80 and it feels much better than the one in my switch tester. Although, and trust me on this one, Green Alps are better than the oldest vintage MX Black. Fantastic to type on!

Linus should review the KBP V60 Matias boards.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Agreed. I have a vintage MX Brown from my MX Clear swap G80 and it feels much better than the one in my switch tester. Although, and trust me on this one, Green Alps are better than the oldest vintage MX Black. Fantastic to type on!

I have some vintage mx blacks I put mx clear springs in setup for a keyboard build that got put on hold because of other keyboard builds lol

I'm planning on buying a cherry mx brown keyboard (finaly replacing my old membrane $20 keyboard). I saw the video that Slick made, and I was wondering where I can buy "ninja" keycaps. Can't find them easily....

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

Anyone hyped about the Cherry MX Silent switches? I know that I'm late, but the Corsair Strafe just came to my country and DAMN! It's freaking awesome. Anyone planning to get one/have one already?

Anyone hyped about the Cherry MX Silent switches? I know that I'm late, but the Corsair Strafe just came to my country and DAMN! It's freaking awesome. Anyone planning to get one/have one already?

I already have one and will hopefully soon begin stripping it of all of its switches.

Soon, yes very soon... MUHUHAHAHA

I'm planning on buying a cherry mx brown keyboard (finaly replacing my old membrane $20 keyboard). I saw the video that Slick made, and I was wondering where I can buy "ninja" keycaps. Can't find them easily....

What do you mean by "ninja" keycaps?

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

What do you mean by "ninja" keycaps?

Im pretty sure he means side printed.

I already have one and will hopefully soon begin stripping it of all of its switches.

Soon, yes very soon... MUHUHAHAHA

I will take the rest of the parts if you don't want them lol

Agreed. I have a vintage MX Brown from my MX Clear swap G80 and it feels much better than the one in my switch tester. Although, and trust me on this one, Green Alps are better than the oldest vintage MX Black. Fantastic to type on!

I also have a (possibly vintage) mx brown keyboard. Not sure when its from, im going to guess the 1990s. Its a compaq MX 11800.

Also agree with you on matias, i love alps/matias, am typing this on my Apple Adjustable Keyboard.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I also have a (possibly vintage) mx brown keyboard. Not sure when its from, im going to guess the 1990s. Its a compaq MX 11800.

Also agree with you on matias, i love alps/matias, am typing this on my Apple Adjustable Keyboard.

Especially genuine SKCM Alps

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Especially genuine SKCM Alps

Yeah, i have the stupid non standard depth and stem SKFS in my Apple Adjustable. And they are prone to failure, already had a few fail on me, fixed them, and now more are failing.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, i have the stupid non standard depth and stem SKFS in my Apple Adjustable. And they are prone to failure, already had a few fail on me, fixed them, and now more are failing.

Old Apple Extended Keyboards have SKCM. Good boards, used to own a AEKII.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

I will take the rest of the parts if you don't want them lol

I dont really know what is going to be left but I guess...

well the vintage term doesnt really apply to browns as the switch themselves are too new. Vintage Blacks are definitely a thing. I sold @Charger a WYSE board with them in. Its probably the most common place to find them since really only terminal boards are old enough. I think there may be a Vintage Blue as its technically old enough. I think the blue might be darker I dont remember off hand...

This might not be the correct place to ask this but I thought seeing as you all have mechanical keyboards, you might be able to help me out. I have been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for a while now but I'm not sure which type of key switch I want to get as I have never touched a mechanical keyboard so I don't know what any feel like. If you guys could try and describe what they are like or if there is any way that I can see what they feel like for myself without having to buy a load of keyboards myself then that would be great.

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

Old Apple Extended Keyboards have SKCM. Good boards, used to own a AEKII.

Yeah, I might get one of those, I love my apple adjustable keyboard, but it's dying

I Have 2 PCs that run simultaneously i use 1 keyboard with kvm switch and i am about to upgrade to a mechanical but it seems most of the mech. keyboards need 2 usb ports and i have 1 port for mouse and 1 for keyboard need help........and the model i wanna buy is Gskill Ripjaws KM780....My KVM Switch is

Aten 2-Port USB KVM Switch

http://www.amazon.in/Aten-2-Port-USB-KVM-Switch/dp/B002NTIZCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446387966&sr=8-1&keywords=aten+kvm+switch.....................i need A solution Please..............

Yeah, I might get one of those, I love my apple adjustable keyboard, but it's dying

SKFS aren't known to be reliable. Have you tried SKCM? You may like it even more.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

SKFS aren't known to be reliable. Have you tried SKCM? You may like it even more.

I have not, just SKFS, matias quiet click, matias click, and then a few cherys and buckling springs.

Im about to get a macintosh plus with the keyboard for 30$ though, ill have to look up what switches thoes are.

I have not, just SKFS, matias quiet click, matias click, and then a few cherys and buckling springs.

Im about to get a macintosh plus with the keyboard for 30$ though, ill have to look up what switches thoes are.

Do you have a picture of the board? I can identify.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Its a switch party!

XSmzAo8.jpg

J5j0qI5.jpg

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Do you have a picture of the board? I can identify.

No, I have not gotten it yet. Its probably this keyboard, and it looks like it comes in a variety of switches

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_M0110A

I Have 2 PCs that run simultaneously i use 1 keyboard with kvm switch and i am about to upgrade to a mechanical but it seems most of the mech. keyboards need 2 usb ports and i have 1 port for mouse and 1 for keyboard need help........and the model i wanna buy is Gskill Ripjaws KM780....My KVM Switch is Aten 2-Port USB KVM Switch

http://www.amazon.in/Aten-2-Port-USB-KVM-Switch/dp/B002NTIZCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446387966&sr=8-1&keywords=aten+kvm+switch.....................i need A solution Please..............

Only gaming mech boards need 2 USB ports... And even the that is just either for more power or usb pass through.

I Have 2 PCs that run simultaneously i use 1 keyboard with kvm switch and i am about to upgrade to a mechanical but it seems most of the mech. keyboards need 2 usb ports and i have 1 port for mouse and 1 for keyboard need help........and the model i wanna buy is Gskill Ripjaws KM780....My KVM Switch is

Aten 2-Port USB KVM Switch

What TheProfosist said, if you really want that board it comes with a usb pass through so just plug your mouse into the keyboard.