Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

oh i was saying i wish wasd did it. however i could possibly laser engrave some if I was inclined for myself anyways

Doesnt wasd do custom keycaps?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/64/category/5/

Or are thoes not DSA?

Hmm, they are not:

Keycap Height

Most Cherry MX keyboards use the same height profile as us. This is sometimes referred to "OEM" profile. There is also a lower profile style known as the "Cherry" profile. 

post-53826-0-60375200-1447626588.png

What do you think, would it be too weird to use R1 keys for tab, caps, shift, and ~?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Doesnt wasd do custom keycaps?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/64/category/5/

Or are thoes not DSA?

Hmm, they are not:

Keycap Height

Most Cherry MX keyboards use the same height profile as us. This is sometimes referred to "OEM" profile. There is also a lower profile style known as the "Cherry" profile. 

attachicon.gifprofile.png

What do you think, would it be too weird to use R1 keys for tab, caps, shift, and ~?

if you have it in the wrong row with a line of caps next to it that clearly do not match it kind of stands out a bit.

if you have it in the wrong row with a line of caps next to it that clearly do not match it kind of stands out a bit.

Yeah, I guess it probably would.

BUt would it be that noticable?

I really want to do a custom set from WASD, but to do that I would have to take R1 keys and put them in R2 and R3 for tab and caps.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, I guess it probably would.

BUt would it be that noticable?

I really want to do a custom set from WASD, but to do that I would have to take R1 keys and put them in R2 and R3 for tab and caps.

move some caps around on your k70 and see if you notice them

move some caps around on your k70 and see if you notice them

I sold that like a year ago. Now I have IBM model m, Compaq MX brown keyboard (don't remember exact model), apple adjustable keyboard, and the two ones from police cars

I sold that like a year ago. Now I have IBM model m, Compaq MX brown keyboard (don't remember exact model), apple adjustable keyboard, and the two ones from police cars

then swap some keys on the compaq since the data911 have dsa ish caps

then swap some keys on the compaq since the data911 have dsa ish caps

I tried it on the compaq, and it doesnt seem like it will affect it that much, as its only some modifier keys, not the main letters or anything. I think I might end up going with a custom set from WASD then

Only thing im worried about is the 1.25 u keys being to small, but they will probably be fine for tab, caps, and shift, especialy with the grid layout

I tried it on the compaq, and it doesnt seem like it will affect it that much, as its only some modifier keys, not the main letters or anything. I think I might end up going with a custom set from WASD then

Only thing im worried about is the 1.25 u keys being to small, but they will probably be fine for tab, caps, and shift, especialy with the grid layout

I'm sure you have a 1.25 cap or two on hand if you wanted to check

I'm sure you have a 1.25 cap or two on hand if you wanted to check

Yeah, the data911 has a 1.25 caps lock key, so i think it will be fine

My KBP V60 with Matias Click Alps is getting backlight.

Black magic you might say but I have a plan.

The Alps V60 has points for LEDs but they aren't used because Alps cant fit a LED in them without being linear, even so, Matias linear doesnt have the cut out.

Solution? Vintage Alps YEAAA!! 

Green Alps have the LED cutout to you can mount your own LEDs in them and use the LED points in the V60 and your golden!

Here is a buddy of mine using a Eagle PCB with Green Alps fitted with LEDs! http://imgur.com/a/2oLAg

Stay tuned Alps lovers alike, its about to get hot.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

This bad boy came in yesterday and I decided to put some new caps in it.

rNRXNTV.jpg

9uWtmkw.jpg

iAshwj8.jpg

VO5lZgq.jpg

I'm not sure if I like how it turned out, but for now I think it will stay like this.

What do you guys think? :lol:

This bad boy came in yesterday and I decided to put some new caps in it.

rNRXNTV.jpg

9uWtmkw.jpg

iAshwj8.jpg

VO5lZgq.jpg

I'm not sure if I like how it turned out, but for now I think it will stay like this.

What do you guys think? :lol:

it didnt look to bad until you turned on the back light but its all good lol

I need those originitive black on dark grey keycaps on Massdrop

Very, Very late to the party here but here I am, armed with Logitech's Romer G switch equipped G910. Keycaps are subpar yes, but honestly you really do get used to it. And I don't care what anyone says about the ARX dock, it's actually pretty useful and its now hard to not have the dock around.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

Can I join maybe? This is my IBM model M.

First owner and my first keyboard ever. I have it since 486 with 66 MHz.

UkC90XP.jpg?1

Can I join maybe? This is my IBM model M.

First owner and my first keyboard ever. I have it since 486 with 66 MHz.

I'm always interested in getting a Model M. The thing is, when I look on eBay, there's a ton of different models, and I have no idea which one to get.

I'm always interested in getting a Model M. The thing is, when I look on eBay, there's a ton of different models, and I have no idea which one to get.

All of them.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Very, Very late to the party here but here I am, armed with Logitech's Romer G switch equipped G910. Keycaps are subpar yes, but honestly you really do get used to it. And I don't care what anyone says about the ARX dock, it's actually pretty useful and its now hard to not have the dock around.

You can pick up the more standard sets from logitech directly now because the TKL version comes with them.

All of them.

Too true!

But really I don't have enough knowledge. People over at Geek hack or Deskthority would though. He'll Deskthority's wiki would likely be enough.

I was having a problem with my wireless keyboard with my new gaming rig, Logitech said that it was usb 3.0 devices interfering with the 2.4 ghz wireless band or some such thing so I decided I need a new keyboard because the plugin one I had was a tiny HP keyboard that I hated.  I wanted to try a mechanical keyboard after messing with a blue switch one in store.  So I did some research and found out that I wanted to go with Cherry MX Brown switches.  Well I wanted an introduction into the mechanical keyboard community so I didn't want to spend too much. I found a couple of keyboards on sale for under 80 bucks during all these Black Friday sales.  One which fit the color scheme of my rig and was cheaper but it didn't specify what color switch, it was basically you get what you get.  The other was 20 dollars more but I was able to choose Brown switches so I went with the 

Tesoro Excalibur G7NL Brown Mechanical Switch

I guess I didn't do enough research because I didn't know that Cherry's patent ran out and that there were other kinds of switches, mine are Kailh (or is it Kalih?) switches.  The only complaints I have so far are that the link to the  software on their site is broken so I am operating without it right now, and I wish that they would have used a switched that required more pressure for the spacebar because I bottom it out easily but I have only had it for one day, I am sure that it will take some getting used to.  Otherwise, I love it.

Just got my first board with MX blues. The sound has grown on me, and the feel is as close to perfect as I can find. Logitech G710. Paid $50 for it!

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

Just got my first board with MX blues. The sound has grown on me, and the feel is as close to perfect as I can find. Logitech G710. Paid $50 for it!

Nice! How did you get it for only $50?!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Nice buy! :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I just got a lame 2013 blackwidow (not ultimate) with blue switches and stock keycaps and a steelseries apex in my wardrobe just collecting dust (only used that shit a handful of times for the macros)

Nice! How did you get it for only $50?!

Best buy black Friday deal. :)

Got a Corsair M45 for $25 on amazon the same night.

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG