Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

About to get an Apple Macintosh Plus Keyboard (M0110A) or Macintosh Keyboard (M0110), not sure which one, with a Macintosh Plus for 30$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

About to get an Apple Macintosh Plus Keyboard (M0110A) or Macintosh Keyboard (M0110), not sure which one, with a Macintosh Plus for 30$

I want a M0110 myself so I hope you get that lol.

Yeah, I hope it's the M0110 too, I think it looks better.

30$ would be a good deal for just the keyboard, but im getting the Macintosh to. If it works it can be worth 100$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

But I'm torn..

If I covert it to a USB keyboard, then its cool and I can use it with my computer.

But, then I won't have a keyboard that works with the Macintosh...

Hmm....

But I'm torn..

If I covert it to a USB keyboard, then its cool and I can use it with my computer.

But, then I won't have a keyboard that works with the Macintosh...

Hmm....

It won't work with modern mac's anyways...

It won't work with modern mac's anyways...

IK, but im getting a Macintosh plus with it.

I could do the USB conversion mod, but then I have no keyboard to use with the Macintosh PLus

I think he is talking about the one it comes with.

Yeah.

I want to be able to control that. All 1mb of ram of it.

Think of it...

My PC has 16,000 times more ram.

But that Mac still has a really nice keyboard. I'm hopeing the m0110. I'll see Wednesday.

Edit:

Lol, you referred to the Macintosh coming with the keyboard. Most think of it the other way. But the keyboard may end up being the better part :)

Yeah.

I want to be able to control that. All 1mb of ram of it.

Think of it...

My PC has 16,000 times more ram.

But that Mac still has a really nice keyboard. I'm hopeing the m0110. I'll see Wednesday.

Edit:

Lol, you referred to the Macintosh coming with the keyboard. Most think of it the other way. But the keyboard may end up being the better part :)

Mac's used to have their own specific ports for keyboards and mice you needed to buy adapters so that they would even work with newer stuff. Or are we not talking about stuff that old?

Edit:

Well ya. We all know what the important part is here.

Mac's used to have their own specific ports for keyboards and mice you needed to buy adapters so that they would even work with newer stuff. Or are we not talking about stuff that old?

He has an adapter for the adjustable keyboard but I don't know if it will work with that keyboard. What I think he was talking about was doing a hand wire mod with a teensy similar to this one http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/the-apple-m0110-today-t1067.html

Well ya. We all know what the important part is here.

He has an adapter for the adjustable keyboard but I don't know if it will work with that keyboard. What I think he was talking about was doing a hand wire mod with a teensy similar to this one http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/the-apple-m0110-today-t1067.html

Yah I was thinking about the adapter that apple made that is super rare.

Yah I was thinking about the adapter that apple made that is super rare.

Yeah, I was talking about the teensy conversion.

I have an adb to USB adapter, for my apple adjustable, but the keyboard in question uses a phone type connector.

there may be options for that as well https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24965.0

That seems like a good option. 40$ is mor expensive than the keyboard, but still

That seems like a good option. 40$ is mor expensive than the keyboard, but still

the diy route is an option but wouldn't save you that much money

the diy route is an option but wouldn't save you that much money

Plus I'm not confident in my diy abilities.

First I'll get the Macintosh and keyboard, then I'll go from there. I'll probably get that adapter.

Recently picked up a ducky Shine 3 with MX Browns, louder than expected but I LOVE IT! 

Well because I am planning on selling some of my extra keyboard parts I have been digging up some older pics from the past (I take pics of everything :P ). Many of you probably have not seen these before. They are carious colors of Acrylic Filco TKL cases from MKC. I have Yellow, Pink, Blue, and 2x Yellow/Green (white layers are green). Pics probably arnt the best as this is pre-DSLR so i will apologize for that in advance.

MKC%20Colored%20Acrylic%20Filco%20Cases%

Sigh...

The guy was responsive, I asked when I could get it, he said any time after 4, I said how about 4:30 on Wednesday.

4 days later he still hasn't replied.

No keyboard for me :(

Well because I am planning on selling some of my extra keyboard parts I have been digging up some older pics from the past (I take pics of everything :P ). Many of you probably have not seen these before. They are carious colors of Acrylic Filco TKL cases from MKC. I have Yellow, Pink, Blue, and 2x Yellow/Green (white layers are green). Pics probably arnt the best as this is pre-DSLR so i will apologize for that in advance.

How much are you going to want for the blue Filco case?  Does it have any blemishes that can't be seen in this picture?

You don't happen to have any of the silver, or grey aluminum MKC Filco cases do you?

How much are you going to want for the blue Filco case? Does it have any blemishes that can't be seen in this picture?

You don't happen to have any of the silver, or grey aluminum MKC Filco cases do you?

Hit me up with a PM. That pic is like from 2012 but no no blemishes that I know of. Since I got it it's just been sitting in a box with its brothers waiting to get put to use in a build. I don't have any aluminum cases.

Guys which keyboard is better?

Ducky shine 3 TKL cherry mx red

Cooler master quickfire rapid TKL cherry mx red

Picking up a back light MX black keyboard from a police cruiser tomorrow, along with the computer, 60$.